Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice, so Q2 is sold out in the news, hey you think some of our M3s are in those lot photos?? Now I'm starting to wonder since order had surpass, will everything be shipped out in time? 😓

After another shift to the left today (yay!) I'm reminded of how much this is a Hero's Journey. Maybe Tesla is doing this on purpose (shifting delivery times).... Hear me out...

mythicstructure.gif

Act 1.... We drive our ICE until we are struck by the futility and the ever increasing costs. Something triggers us, for me it was filling up my car and spending a ton of money, again. But we go on the Tesla site and see the cost of the vehicle/issues with production, issues with fit and finish and we doubt ourselves. We meet other owners, go for a test drive, read thousands of posts lauding the car and we cross the threshold and click the left mouse and BOOM, we've ordered!

Act 2... The test and enemies, FUD, delay after delay, shifting delivery times, but we gain allies on this site, compatriots in the same position, allies who have gone through this ordeal. We are all currently in Act 2. Act 2 ends when we get the VIN!!!!

Act 3.... Well, come on Tesla!!!! We want Act 3!

After another shift to the left today (yay!) I'm reminded of how much this is a Hero's Journey. Maybe Tesla is doing this on purpose (shifting delivery times).... Hear me out...

View attachment 660091

Act 1.... We drive our ICE until we are struck by the futility and the ever increasing costs. Something triggers us, for me it was filling up my car and spending a ton of money, again. But we go on the Tesla site and see the cost of the vehicle/issues with production, issues with fit and finish and we doubt ourselves. We meet other owners, go for a test drive, read thousands of posts lauding the car and we cross the threshold and click the left mouse and BOOM, we've ordered!

Act 2... The test and enemies, FUD, delay after delay, shifting delivery times, but we gain allies on this site, compatriots in the same position, allies who have gone through this ordeal. We are all currently in Act 2. Act 2 ends when we get the VIN!!!!

best post yet. sums up my inner inhibitions about this whole journey.

Dinosaur remains...... ive pumped my 2nd 40$ this week in the wifes suv. notice how i dont just fill er up. hoping maybe the tesla will come out of nowhere and BAM saved gas -_- (wife works from home. barely drives. will pump when its cheaper cuz atm $1.30/L regular.. but her lex takes premium so about $1.55+/L).

but on the real, what got me thinking into getting a tesla was a funny one. i initially wanted to get my retiring father a dji fpv drone to add to his humble collection. started watching about it and noticed something. all youtubers reviewing em had a model 3. sparked my interest.
tldr, instead of buying a drone, i ordered an m3 -_-.... got him a dji osmo pocket instead lolz.

sorry to be out of topic but thats what kick started my journey. GAS.

Shifted a day to the right today to 5/9-5/29. I reached out to my SA and Operations Advisor (not sure if everyone has one of those??), and they said they have a forecast on or around 5/17...I guess we'll find out soon if I can trust them!

View attachment 660091

Meh, this isn't so bad. I went through this on a much longer scale 10 years ago when I ordered my Chevy Volt. I was a very early adopter (VIN ends in 001XXX). I placed my deposit with the dealer in December 2010, was able to pick colour and options in May 2011 and the car arrived in September 2011. 9 months from deposit to delivery. Three months to get my Model 3, that's not so bad at all. I'm barely burning fuel in the Volt anyways.

Meh, this isn't so bad. I went through this on a much longer scale 10 years ago when I ordered my Chevy Volt. I was a very early adopter (VIN ends in 001XXX). I placed my deposit with the dealer in December 2010, was able to pick colour and options in May 2011 and the car arrived in September 2011. 9 months from deposit to delivery. Three months to get my Model 3, that's not so bad at all. I'm barely burning fuel in the Volt anyways.
I was a lurker on that one Dr's Volt forum (forgot what it was called) for a few years until the Volt came out

The Model S/X refresh is on track to play out pretty darn close to that timeline.

New user here! from Los Angeles, CA

Placed my order on 5/3 - M3 LR Blue metallic with Black interior w/ sport wheels = 6-9 weeks ETA
Finalized my payment information (financing/insurance proof etc) on 5/4 = June 9-30 ETA
5/5 = June 1-21 ETA
5/6 = June 7-27 ETA
5/7 = June 7-27 ETA

Probably unhealthy to keep checking every day, but damn lol.

First Tesla owner here, and i wonder if i'm really gonna get my M3 this June. Thoughts?

Also at this moment, my order page is not loading. Anyone experienced this?

Reactions: PikesPeak
Welcome to the waiting game! Based on the delivery dates from most here with order date around the same time as you, June seems to be a reasonable date to expect it.
My page isn't loading either.
Thanks and that's awesome. Was afraid that I will have to re-run my credit when the financing expires in 60 days (July 3 for me) Hopefully everything goes smooth. Interesting though that our order pages are not loading. Wonder if thats normal here and there

Thanks and that's awesome. Was afraid that I will have to re-run my credit when the financing expires in 60 days (July 3 for me) Hopefully everything goes smooth. Interesting though that our order pages are not loading. Wonder if thats normal here and there
Mine isn't loading either... Hope there's a big surprise when it does.. :D
Ordered 4/15 M3 LR white on black 19" no FSD. Initial ETA was June 10-30. Moved up to May17- Jun7 and y'day moved back to May 27-Jun17.. From SoCal