Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suppose our delivery time reflects which model 3 variant we ordered.. long range -__- it just moved to the right for the 4th consecutive day lol.
June 6-26th. The longest it has ever been Wohoo 😆🤣.

Ordered march 28th.
Did all my homework the day of: insurance policy & finance application. I got till exactly June 26th till finance contract expire (here in canada, or atleast toronto for that matter, the approval is good for 90 days. Did it thru tesla).

I suppose our delivery time reflects which model 3 variant we ordered.. long range -__- it just moved to the right for the 4th consecutive day lol.
June 6-26th. The longest it has ever been Wohoo 😆🤣.

Ordered march 28th.
Did all my homework the day of: insurance policy & finance application. I got till exactly June 26th till finance contract expire (here in canada, or atleast toronto for that matter, the approval is good for 90 days. Did it thru tesla).
There aren't a lot of data points from Canada in the spreadsheet but looking at Q1 data, it looks like the Canadian cars all get shipped together. The BC delivery/VIN dates are about the same as the ON/QC ones. There are a few SR+ delivered almost right away and the P is the latest. So my gut feeling is that all Canadian cars are shipped together and probably built in "SR batche", "LR micro batchelette" and "the one P". I assume the SR+ are not built to order (like the EU models) but the LR and P are (unlike the EU models I think all EU models are not build to order except those who missed the quarter they were ordered from. i.e. if you order Q1 a config that was not built - or there were more orders for that config than units built - yours will be built next quarter). There isn't enough volume in Canada to guess the LRs and Ps that will be ordered and since they have build differences from the US models, they can't just be part of the US batches. The later they wait to build those, the more "to order" they are. And they probably "canadianize" all the quarter cars at once SR, LR and P combined. Hence, Canada always get their cars delivered in the 2-3 last weeks of the quarter and maybe creeping over the first week of the next.

There aren't a lot of data points from Canada in the spreadsheet but looking at Q1 data, it looks like the Canadian cars all get shipped together. The BC delivery/VIN dates are about the same as the ON/QC ones. There are a few SR+ delivered almost right away and the P is the latest. So my gut feeling is that all Canadian cars are shipped together and probably built in "SR batche", "LR micro batchelette" and "the one P". I assume the SR+ are not built to order (like the EU models) but the LR and P are (unlike the EU models I think all EU models are not build to order except those who missed the quarter they were ordered from. i.e. if you order Q1 a config that was not built - or there were more orders for that config than units built - yours will be built next quarter). There isn't enough volume in Canada to guess the LRs and Ps that will be ordered and since they have build differences from the US models, they can't just be part of the US batches. The later they wait to build those, the more "to order" they are. And they probably "canadianize" all the quarter cars at once SR, LR and P combined. Hence, Canada always get their cars delivered in the 2-3 last weeks of the quarter and maybe creeping over the first week of the next.
I think you’re absolutely right. The day after I placed my order my SA told me it would be mid to late June for my delivery. My delivery estimates on my account page seem to reflect that except for the one day it went to mid May/early June.

I think you’re absolutely right. The day after I placed my order my SA told me it would be mid to late June for my delivery. My delivery estimates on my account page seem to reflect that except for the one day it went to mid May/early June.
I was told my delivery would be in April when I ordered in march. Don't believe your SA. :) I even had an April to early may estimate..

Reactions: travis3000
I was told my delivery would be in April when I ordered in march. Don't believe your SA. :) I even had an April to early may estimate..
It is sometimes true if you order an SR and there is leftovers in your config left from the last batch. In fact for Canadian buyers, going in store and selecting from inventory is the fastest way to get the vehicle. You don’t get to 100% choose the config though.

Oh shoot. Did they tell why it got pushed back so much? I would be really pissed and annoyed if mine got moved to August even July.
But looking at the data and what @sroy is saying, it tracks that Canadian orders tend to get delivered near end of quarter. I’m still thinking and hoping it’s mid June for me. Earlier if I’m lucky.

What accessories did you guys buy while waiting? So far i only bought the wall connector. Might order floor mats soon.

I ordered winter mats from WeatherTech a while back and have them in hand. IMO they are superior to the Tesla branded ones.

I also have a wall charger installed and ready to go. And I purchase an anti-glare, anti-fingerprint screen protector for the touch screen.

What accessories did you guys buy while waiting? So far i only bought the wall connector. Might order floor mats soon.
Tesla Wall Connecter
Mud flaps
All weather floor mats
Screen protector
Sunshade
Frunk bolt covers
Cup holder stabilizer
Door tray organizers
Steering wheel tray
Performance Pedal covers
Noise reduction kit
SnapPlate Front license plate holder
Tire value caps
Door hinge covers
Tons of car washing stuff

Mud flaps
All weather mats 2 trunks, 1 frunk and interior front and back
Wheels cap and nut covers
Perf pedals
Center console wrap
Back seat protector (2 teens and a dog)
Snapplate (NJ)
Silicone plate back protector
Extra key card pair
Will get ppf as soon as I take delivery
Samsung S7 500Gb SSD external drive

Waiting a bit for improved truck glove box foot well lights, fob key, charger supplies/connectors, winter tires and extra wheels.

Last edited:
Tesla Wall Connecter
Mud flaps
All weather floor mats
Screen protector
Sunshade
Frunk bolt covers
Cup holder stabilizer
Door tray organizers
Steering wheel tray
Performance Pedal covers
Noise reduction kit
SnapPlate Front license plate holder
Tire value caps
Door hinge covers
Tons of car washing stuff
Very cool. I'm gonna use some of these as ideas for mine, lol. You have any links to some of them?