Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5/7 placed online order for Model 3, pickup in Paramus, NJ
5/29 my account showed a VIN after accepting the TeslaVision change
5/31 my account page requested final payment
5/31 received a text message my Model 3 intransit to Paramus, NJ. Requested me to schedule a pickup date Via link in text message
5/31 scheduled for pickup on June 9. Earliest available date was June 8

ordered pearl white, LR AWD, standard wheels, standard interior

This is bonkers to spend on a car with shitty paint to begin with. I understand spending 2k to do full front end since it gets peppered, but 7k you could have the car painted by a local bodyshop and do it right. 2k for the ceramic on top of the coating is equally absurd. The bottle of coating costs them say $200. That is extremely high, probably $80. So they are literally charging you 1800 plus to wipe it on and off. It goes on and off easier than a standard wax.

Why are you guys treating a model 3 like a rare Ferrari? I honestly don't get it. 7k in protection is bonkers. What if you wreck it? How much of that 7k can you recoup? What if you hate the car and get rid of it after a year or two? You know how much that 7k is worth on your trade? Zero is the answer.
And don't get me started on the 5 year, 10 year, infinity year warranties on this crap. Read the warranty. There are a zillion outs, and its all at their discretion, not yours.

Not trying to bash you, or be rude, just honest. The industry is killing people like you on price for stuff that is so over the top extra.

I agree, I would never spend $7000 on protection. That's a bit much. Especially when you can get it way cheaper.

I am getting the front end of my car PPF'd because I personally hate stone chips, and in Canada our winters can be intense. So it is worth it. It's a $1600 cost, plus Im doing a 5 year ceramic coating for $900. Total comes to $2500 Canadian ($2077 US). For me the benefits outweigh the costs. I love a shiny beautiful car, and I'd argue the low quality paint makes it even more crucial to protect it. Don't go overkill , but you should have some pride of ownership.

I guarantee if you go to trade in your car, the new owner would be willing to pay an extra $1000 for a well kept car with zero stone chips, and glimmering paint opposed to a chipped/dirty dull paint car. I know I certainly would.

I agree, I would never spend $7000 on protection. That's a bit much. Especially when you can get it way cheaper.

I am getting the front end of my car PPF'd because I personally hate stone chips, and in Canada our winters can be intense. So it is worth it. It's a $1600 cost, plus Im doing a 5 year ceramic coating for $900. Total comes to $2500 Canadian ($2077 US). For me the benefits outweigh the costs. I love a shiny beautiful car, and I'd argue the low quality paint makes it even more crucial to protect it. Don't go overkill , but you should have some pride of ownership.

I guarantee if you go to trade in your car, the new owner would be willing to pay an extra $1000 for a well kept car with zero stone chips, and glimmering paint opposed to a chipped/dirty dull paint car. I know I certainly would.

Those services total 2700 for me US. I think I'll skip the ceramic and get tint instead.

I'm guessing we'll get ours the same day. I think we ordered the same day, and you're just an hour down the road from here. My dates have been right shifting little by little and are currently June 13 - June 30. Best of luck on your delivery! 😁
I'm in Dallas and also ordered on the 12th (but via a 3rd party leasing company) so I can't see estimated dates or anything - meaning I'm watching you guys very intently assuming my dates will line up pretty close to yours.

Nor Cal here. M3 LR white on black with 19’s. I haven’t seen many NorCal people post. I ordered 5/19 and a few days ago got an EDD of 6/12-6/30. Then 5/31-6/19 and today 6/2-6/19.

I realize we’re all guessing until a VIN comes in but might I be a lucky one?
It is crazy how you ordered later then me by six days yet your delivery dates are so much earlier then mine. I ordered a M3 LR white on black with 18's, NorCal. My EDD is 6/21-6/30, I do not understand the logic of it.

5/7 placed online order for Model 3, pickup in Paramus, NJ
5/29 my account showed a VIN after accepting the TeslaVision change
5/31 my account page requested final payment
5/31 received a text message my Model 3 intransit to Paramus, NJ. Requested me to schedule a pickup date Via link in text message
5/31 scheduled for pickup on June 9. Earliest available date was June 8

ordered pearl white, LR AWD, standard wheels, standard interior
I ordered 5/6 for pickup in Paramus and don't have a VIN or any of the other steps you mentioned.

Midnight Silver, LR AWD, standard aero wheels, white interior.