Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm from 4/11 and the spreadsheet looks like long rangers got the short end of the delivery stick so far. For my state no one with the long range build has received their vehicles. My theory: batteries are limited so send out expensive performance builds first, then standard range with smaller batteries, then fill in with long range as available.
There are some LRs being delivered to WA.
1623687951913.png

Last edited:
There are some LRs being delivered to WA.
<fashions pitchfork a little faster, harder> That's great. I'm happy for them. That's awesome. Just ... Awesome. I'm fine. This is fine.

The more I think about it, I get why my SA asked me to take care of all the financing and trade-in early. Since the sales quarter ends at the end of the month, if you don't have those things set up, a car might get delivered to someone and get pushed to Q3 because financing / trade-in is still pending. So I'm guessing it's prioritizing individuals who have that all done as it gets closer to end of June?

Just a thought
If that's the case I think I would have been a higher priority. No trade to deal with, financing all squared away.

Reactions: JoJa15
For those picking up in Jacksonville, FL - I stopped by the service center today and was surprised to find out that even though they’re closed on Sundays, they still do deliveries on this day. Perhaps it’s an end of quarter thing. Service Advisor was also nice enough to check on where my car was in transit even though they were technically closed. I take delivery on 6/19.

That's cool to hear. I pick mine up 6/23 In Jacksonville. Can't wait. Plan to do a pick up review etc after.

Immediate plans to to Ceramic Tint after with a few extras I have on order so will do a new Thread Post at that point.

What was your build specs?

Reactions: M3isforme
I'm sooooo close! Just got the text message to schedule my delivery. I could have scheduled delivery as early as 6/16, but I have to work, so I scheduled delivery for 6/18 at 1PM.

Order Date: 5/25
VIN Date: 6/13
Delivery Date: 6/18
Build: 2021 Model 3 LR-AWD | Pearl White | Black Interior | 18-Inch Aero Wheels | Autopilot - No FSD

Decided to reach out to my SA over at the Carlsbad SC this morning by email. Let’s see if she can give me a better idea of when the car will arrive, but I’d doubt it, worth the try though. Day 74 and the mount of times my EDD has changed is exhausting.
Man my SA is a joke. Response, was “I don’t have any updated information”. No acknowledgement of my dates changing all the time when I mentioned it, or that I don’t even have dates at the moment, just 7-10 weeks. After 2 1/2 months of dates changing, it’s to be expected, but the lack of customer service from Tesla’s SA’s blows my mind. I get it you don’t have info, but you can still deliver customer service even with bad news or no info.

ok rant over……for now.

Man my SA is a joke. Response, was “I don’t have any updated information”. No acknowledgement of my dates changing all the time when I mentioned it, or that I don’t even have dates at the moment, just 7-10 weeks. After 2 1/2 months of dates changing, it’s to be expected, but the lack of customer service from Tesla’s SA’s blows my mind. I get it you don’t have info, but you can still deliver customer service even with bad news or no info.

ok rant over……for now.
Hopefully you get a VIN soon. There have been reports of people getting the weeks estimate or a July/August estimate right before receiving a VIN. Lets hope that is the case for you. Your pain has to be so much greater then mine since you ordered 4/2,

Reactions: Jaredspink
Took my delivery on saturday.

The good - The car is here and it drives perfect.

The Bad - Pretty much everything else
1) big scratch near the tesla logo on the front ..they tried to buff the top but it didn't go away.. set up a service appointment.. I kept telling them that it was under the clear coat.. but they tried anyways.
2) Front Passenger door alignment off where the whole edge of the door was inset by about 3/4 of an inch right behind the mirror.. It wasn't a gap.. it just looked like the door had sunken in..
3) inside driver panel on top of the seat yellow sticky substance and an oil stain - yellow sticky stuff came out but the stain is still there.
4) driver door inside plastic all scuffed
5) the plastic around the driver door not flush causing the door to close hard.
6) rear passenger door opening handle is set in deeper than the rest of the ones..

1623693120487.png

1623693162373.png

Last edited:
Hopefully you get a VIN soon. There have been reports of people getting the weeks estimate or a July/August estimate right before receiving a VIN. Lets hope that is the case for you. Your pain has to be so much greater then mine since you ordered 4/2,
SoCal - ordered on 4/26. Got 9-13 weeks notice on Friday. Lucky it's back to 6/20-6/30 now, but no VIN yet. :( As i get closer and closer to end of the month I find myself refreshing the page more and more often. 🤣

Took my delivery on saturday.

The good - The car is here and it drives perfect.

The Bad - Pretty much everything else
1) big scratch near the tesla logo on the front ..they tried to buff the top but it didn't go away.. set up a service appointment.. I kept telling them that it was under the clear coat.. but they tried anyways.
2) driver door alignment off where the whole edge of the door was inset by about 3/4 of an inch right behind the mirror.. It wasn't a gap.. it just looked like the door had sunken in..
3) inside driver panel on top of the seat yellow sticky substance and an oil stain - yellow sticky stuff came out but the stain is still there.
4) driver door inside plastic all scuffed
5) the plastic around the driver door not flush causing the door to close hard.
6) rear passenger door opening handle is set in deeper than the rest of the ones..

View attachment 673311
View attachment 673312
Oof. Man I'm sorry to hear about this. That's rough and I hope they make it right.

Reactions: JoJa15

ok rant over……for now.
I just called century city and told the my SA was clueless and not very helpful. They knew more at the store just call them