Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received a nice text this morning from “Tesla Update” saying the car will be delivered in the next 1-3 days to my house and I didn’t even need to be there (crazy!)

From going from June 15-27 last night to the text this morning, just goes to show we all gotta hang tight. I ordered M3LR grey/bulk/aero on 4/8 in Orange County, CA.
OC checking in here too! Ordered the exact same spec as you on April 10, but have mine delivered to Costa Mesa SC. Can't wait to receive a vin/delivery update.

Took my delivery on saturday.

The good - The car is here and it drives perfect.

The Bad - Pretty much everything else
1) big scratch near the tesla logo on the front ..they tried to buff the top but it didn't go away.. set up a service appointment.. I kept telling them that it was under the clear coat.. but they tried anyways.
2) Front Passenger door alignment off where the whole edge of the door was inset by about 3/4 of an inch right behind the mirror.. It wasn't a gap.. it just looked like the door had sunken in..
3) inside driver panel on top of the seat yellow sticky substance and an oil stain - yellow sticky stuff came out but the stain is still there.
4) driver door inside plastic all scuffed
5) the plastic around the driver door not flush causing the door to close hard.
6) rear passenger door opening handle is set in deeper than the rest of the ones..

View attachment 673311
View attachment 673312

Rats. Would you mind posting an update on how they handle correcting these? Hope it all works out for you!

I think they are monitoring how often we refresh the ‘manage order’ page and rank us by desperation. They know the folks who check frequently will tolerate a longer wait than the folks who never log in to check. They likely assume the rare checkers less attached and thus, are more likely to look for something other than a Tesla if need be.

I usually check my order page once a day, however after seeing quite a few '<5 mile, in-transit' cars of my spec pass through ev-tsla, i just checked my order page again and found a tesla vision notice, and summarily a vin with a 6/21-6/27 EDD.

If the VIN is the same tomorrow I'll go ahead and insure it.

5/20 order - all other steps completed by 5/23.
3LR MSM w/black & aeros, no fsd.

Man my SA is a joke. Response, was “I don’t have any updated information”. No acknowledgement of my dates changing all the time when I mentioned it, or that I don’t even have dates at the moment, just 7-10 weeks. After 2 1/2 months of dates changing, it’s to be expected, but the lack of customer service from Tesla’s SA’s blows my mind. I get it you don’t have info, but you can still deliver customer service even with bad news or no info.

ok rant over……for now.
Same here, 4/7 order date and my EDD just poofed and went back to "7-10 weeks" which would be August. I wouldn't care if I wasn't aware of this thread and how they are clearly delivering these cars to the mid-late May orders first who are paying $2k more per car. There are so many early April orders in this thread and the Google spreadsheet that are clearly getting passed over while May orders take deliveries. My issue is that my financing offer may expire for a second time because I trusted the May/June EDDs and applied too early, forcing a third hit to my credit all so these guys can juice their 2Q profit numbers.

Ordered 5/20, original EDD was 6/16 - 6/30, iirc. Since I installed the Order Status extension it's kept track:

1623695098970.png

Reactions: M3LRRoadTrips

1) big scratch near the tesla logo on the front ..they tried to buff the top but it didn't go away.. set up a service appointment.. I kept telling them that it was under the clear coat.. but they tried anyways.
2) Front Passenger door alignment off where the whole edge of the door was inset by about 3/4 of an inch right behind the mirror.. It wasn't a gap.. it just looked like the door had sunken in..
3) inside driver panel on top of the seat yellow sticky substance and an oil stain - yellow sticky stuff came out but the stain is still there.
6) rear passenger door opening handle is set in deeper than the rest of the ones..

View attachment 673311
View attachment 673312
That blows... It almost makes me dread seeing mine on delivery day. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Man my SA is a joke. Response, was “I don’t have any updated information”. No acknowledgement of my dates changing all the time when I mentioned it, or that I don’t even have dates at the moment, just 7-10 weeks. After 2 1/2 months of dates changing, it’s to be expected, but the lack of customer service from Tesla’s SA’s blows my mind. I get it you don’t have info, but you can still deliver customer service even with bad news or no info.

ok rant over……for now.
Sounds like you have a dud SA. Mine wasn't the best in communication but still did a decent job. When I called into the dealership in the middle of May they told me "your car is scheduled to be delivered in the first week of June". Reality= car was delivered June 5th and I picked it up June 7th. Clearly they knew their stuff. Sorry to hear your dealer isn't on top of things. I can understand the stress for sure.

Reactions: Jaredspink
My order was 5/2, all steps completed 5/4. Basic build white ext, black interior, 18”, etc. Hoping for a vin this week. The SA at the dealer (not mine) was surprised I didn’t have a vin yet when randomly popped in. Fingers crossed.

He said they don’t have any more info than we do...

View attachment 673311
View attachment 673312

Wow so sorry to hear this. Tbh this was my worst nightmare when going to pick my car up. I don't know what I would have done if I had all those issues considering I had already pre-paid insurance, set up ceramic coating and tinting appointments, etc.

If it were me I would refuse delivery. One or two minor issues are not the end of the world but you have an entire laundry list of stuff. That car looks like a dud and some of those issues look like they won't be able to be resolved. I hope I am wrong though! Best of luck :)

Same here, 4/7 order date and my EDD just poofed and went back to "7-10 weeks" which would be August. I wouldn't care if I wasn't aware of this thread and how they are clearly delivering these cars to the mid-late May orders first who are paying $2k more per car. There are so many early April orders in this thread and the Google spreadsheet that are clearly getting passed over while May orders take deliveries. My issue is that my financing offer may expire for a second time because I trusted the May/June EDDs and applied too early, forcing a third hit to my credit all so these guys can juice their 2Q profit numbers.
I don't know how true that is. I am a mid-May order and I have not gotten a VIN.

I would think similar orders should hopefully be filled chronologically and geographically i.e. if you ordered earlier in the year you should get your car first especially if it is the same mode. If all the April orders were getting their cars filled I would be cool. I would know as people with order dates closer to mind were getting filled that I would be closer to getting mine. What is really hard is seeing people in your same geographic area, with the exact same car model, and a later order date then you getting a VIN. That is the part that really hurts. I wouldn't even mind if that situation happened because I had something outstanding like I did not complete my trade in. Unfortunately though my account is all caught up and clean. It has been that way since I ordered and completed financing a day or two after I ordered. So when a similar car in the similar geographic region gets filled with a later order date it makes me cry.

My order was 5/2, all steps completed 5/4. Basic build white ext, black interior, 18”, etc. Hoping for a vin this week. The SA at the dealer (not mine) was surprised I didn’t have a vin yet when randomly popped in. Fingers crossed.

He said they don’t have any more info than we do...
It is weird because some people are able to talk to their SC/SA and they give them detailed info like your VIN/build is scheduled for X date, or you should get your car Y date and it works out that way. Other SC/SA's though seem clueless or not interested in giving info.

Wow so sorry to hear this. Tbh this was my worst nightmare when going to pick my car up. I don't know what I would have done if I had all those issues considering I had already pre-paid insurance, set up ceramic coating and tinting appointments, etc.

If it were me I would refuse delivery. One or two minor issues are not the end of the world but you have an entire laundry list of stuff. That car looks like a dud and some of those issues look like they won't be able to be resolved. I hope I am wrong though! Best of luck :)
All of those issues should be able to be resolved even if they have to take extreme steps i.e. replace the whole hood or repaint the whole hood, replace the door, etc. The only way I could see it not being resolved is if the door gap is due to a bent or misaligned frame. All the other items can be fixed by replacing the part if it comes to that.

Reactions: travis3000
Philadelphia area
ordered 5/25
blue exterior / black interior / aero wheels

delivery date was consistently showing June, with the first date creeping up by one day
last Friday it flipped to July - August
last night it was back to June 27 - 30
this morning July 12 - August 01
Just logged in and I have a VIN with a delivery range for late June.