Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered the MSM Black Interior with no FSD on 4/21 with the delivery destination set to Marina del Rey, CA.

Estimated delivery date has been hovering between 6/19 - 6/30 and 6/20 - 6/30 since I ordered at the dealership. SA told me today that I was added to a "VIP' list to prioritize delivery.

Yep! I just really hate the wood strip. I am wondering if it can be removed and plasti dipped or something.
Saw a video of a guy removing the wood strip and re-staining it. Since it is real wood veneer, you can sand it down and make it a nice darker color than the super light stain they have stock. Probably what I will do when I get my M3.

• Informative
Reactions: JoJa15
Saw a video of a guy removing the wood strip and re-staining it. Since it is real wood veneer, you can sand it down and make it a nice darker color than the super light stain they have stock. Probably what I will do when I get my M3.

I got a bunch of replies while I was asleep with some good options. I just really hate the wood and dont want any color of wood at all. I wonder if there is a way for me to buy the tesla OEM white dash and door sections?

I got a bunch of replies while I was asleep with some good options. I just really hate the wood and dont want any color of wood at all. I wonder if there is a way for me to buy the tesla OEM white dash and door sections?
Ive seen people add carbon fiber wrap over the wood trim, probably the easiest option since you just need to apply it on top of the trim instead of replacing it.

Ive seen people add carbon fiber wrap over the wood trim, probably the easiest option since you just need to apply it on top of the trim instead of replacing it.
Honestly I know I am being picky at this point, but carbon fiber isnt great either. Its better than the wood, but I still want to see if theres other options before I go carbon fiber. I would much prefer a matte white or black. Thats why I talked about possibly removing the wood piece and plasti dipping it, or looking for the OEM white one.

Honestly I know I am being picky at this point, but carbon fiber isnt great either. Its better than the wood, but I still want to see if theres other options before I go carbon fiber. I would much prefer a matte white or black. Thats why I talked about possibly removing the wood piece and plasti dipping it, or looking for the OEM white one.
Yeah, then you can watch the vid on the link I posted on how to remove the wood trim. The surrounding vent pieces are welded on together so you would need to mask it off and plasti dip it. Maybe if you ask the SC the can sell you an official piece instead.

Ditto, we must all be on the same train shipment?

• Delivery date: June 24 - June 30
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • June 23 - June 30
    • June 20 - June 30
    • June 19 - June 30
    • June 17 - June 30
    • June 14 - June 30
Must be (or at least it's comforting to think haha). Also Denver. Been creeping back from 6/14 for about a week (with one scary day showing July 11-31).

• Delivery date: June 24 - June 30
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • June 23 - June 30

My EDD tightened up today. The beginning date has been inching back the past few days, but this time the end date moved up, so that's progress! It's now 6/17 - 6/26!

Ordered the MSM Black Interior with no FSD on 4/21 with the delivery destination set to Marina del Rey, CA.

Estimated delivery date has been hovering between 6/19 - 6/30 and 6/20 - 6/30 since I ordered at the dealership. SA told me today that I was added to a "VIP' list to prioritize delivery.

4/21 order Burbank today it changed to 7-10 weeks

How long does the financing stuff take to complete? I'm currently set as cash since I didn't know when I was going to take the car. My SA said we can switch it when I get a VIN.

Just worried now they are going to be pushing and rushing, I'll get a VIN and they'll ask for delivery in a couple days or something. Is that enough time to switch cash to financing and complete?

Reactions: stEVe91941