Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a VIN on June 13 and now my EDD dates are starting to get closer; moved to June 22-28 now.

Got an estimate for XPEL plus ceramic of $3,900. Fairly serious amount of money but I've used this shop before in 2015 on a Golf R, and that XPEL has 100% protected the car in 6 years including most miles up and down I-95 in the NY corridor which I can tell you is no friend to auto paintwork. Purchased the car new for $37k and selling for $27k 6 years later, and I think the quality of the paint certainly helped sell that car.
Mind sharing the details? I’m also in the NYC area

There are currently two LR AWDs in Denver in Tesla inventory (MSM and Red)... think I have to pass because I want black but just an FYI!! I am trying to be a patient man lmao 🙏. Regardless an encouraging sign that Denver at least received a shipment... Ordered black/black/aero/no FSD on 5/25. Still estimated June 23-30 (not that I trust it).
Thanks for the heads up! I snatched up that MSM. I had a MSM with white interior on order, with no vin or delivery in sight. I am completely fine with black interior lol.

Still has my scheduled delivery mid next week.

However, my SA told me Tesla either no longer offers to pay for rentals, or just doesn't have any currently available.

Not sure if I'll have a buddy drive my car back home, or if I'll just privately rent a car. About a 4.5hr trip each way

Since I have a lot of time on my hands waiting for a VIN I wanted to see the distribution of outstanding orders on the Tesla ordering spreadsheet:
Tesla Orders Spreadsheet

Of course this is not scientific and does not represent every order. That being said it clearly shows the majority of orders outstanding are in CA. When split up amongst geographic regions the Western states represent 59% of the outstanding orders, Central 14%, and Eastern 27%.

Also when looking through the unfilled orders the majority of them were the MR AWD model.

CA
25​
39%​
Western
59%​
NJ
1​
2%​
Central
14%​
FL
4​
6%​
Eastern
27%​
MO
1​
2%​
IL
2​
3%​
SC
1​
2%​
TX
3​
5%​
NM
1​
2%​
CO
5​
8%​
VA
2​
3%​
MD
1​
2%​
WA
3​
5%​
NC
4​
6%​
OH
1​
2%​
AZ
1​
2%​
MI
1​
2%​
MA
1​
2%​
ID
1​
2%​
UT
1​
2%​
NH
1​
2%​
DE
1​
2%​
OR
1​
2%​
PA
1​
2%​
OH
1​
2%​

Mine was picked up on June 2 and I now have 2,500 miles on the car. Made a 430+ mile drive comfortably with one supercharger stop. Experience overall is very positive.
A few negatives - entry/exit difficult for elderly passengers. Many trips to local Supercharger (I did not already have a 240 installed at home). Autosteer & cruise at night was iffy - got messages like "pillar camera blocked" with a clean pillar camera window. To operate autopilot at night it takes control of bright headlights and I got a LOT of erratic bright/dim headlight switching, so turned it off. Occasional phantom braking, usually with vehicles exiting to the right of car while passing. Something unknown (?light reflection?) set off sentry mode during night at hotel & it was ongoing for hours until I turned it off. No charging at the hotel my family had selected, so I had to get permission for destination charging at a nearby hotel overnight (and a ride back to mine). Also, WATCH OUT FOR POTHOLES!!
Everything else is great. Very solid and fun to drive.

Attachments

• 20210602_144015.jpg
    20210602_144015.jpg
    616.6 KB · Views: 51
It just means we need to set Mars as our delivery location, so that we can get it within a couple of weeks.
Thinking further on this... I bet Mars' EDD was like "2-7 weeks" and they're still waiting. Their SA is all "It's close by now. Nearly in orbit. You'll get it next week." Oh wait, no, they refused the delivery and it's on the way back here now isn't it.

Last edited:
Reactions: kerbyOT7