Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been lurking on this thread for some time
For the record - ordered 5/15, VIN early June, picking up tomorrow (6/16) at Mt Kisco, NY. MSM, LR, blank interior, 18" aero, no FSD, paying cash.

Just wanted to confirm 100% that I can (and should) wait to link my bank account through Plaid and submit my payment until I see my car tomorrow. For what it's worth, I'm driving quite a distance and I've got a one way car rental and hotel booked. So I really don't want to refuse delivery, unless there is something seriously wrong with my Model 3.

Wishing all of you still waiting on your cars good luck

I personally love the wood trim and that's part of the reason why I went with the black interior. Every person I've had in my car compliments it right away. It makes the cabin feel warm and combined with the big screen and other silver finishes inside gives the car a warm/modern feel. The addition of the side panels really makes it though as I wasn't a fan of just a random strip at the front. Now it all ties in. That's just my opinion though. I know everyone is different.

I personally love the wood trim and that's part of the reason why I went with the black interior. Every person I've had in my car compliments it right away. It makes the cabin feel warm and combined with the big screen and other silver finishes inside gives the car a warm/modern feel. The addition of the side panels really makes it though as I wasn't a fan of just a random strip at the front. Now it all ties in. That's just my opinion though. I know everyone is different.
I love the wood trim, but I wish it was darker. I find it too light of a color.

I like the wood also, and it seems like to me that's going to be cut some day for cost saving to some synthetic piece

How long does the financing stuff take to complete? I'm currently set as cash since I didn't know when I was going to take the car. My SA said we can switch it when I get a VIN.

Just worried now they are going to be pushing and rushing, I'll get a VIN and they'll ask for delivery in a couple days or something. Is that enough time to switch cash to financing and complete?
I applied and had an email approval in a couple minutes with the bank and apr.

Reactions: M3LRRoadTrips
Took delivery yesterday. There were definitely some panel alignment problems with one of the doors and one of the handles is sunken in, but otherwise, it's fantastic. I drove like grandma during my test drive a couple of years ago, but finally got to punch it while driving it home. Wow, that's a rush!

Best of luck to those still waiting. I know I got pretty lucky only having a month wait, but I hope you all get yours soon! As for me, my watch is over.

Been lurking on this thread for some time
For the record - ordered 5/15, VIN early June, picking up tomorrow (6/16) at Mt Kisco, NY. MSM, LR, blank interior, 18" aero, no FSD, paying cash.

Just wanted to confirm 100% that I can (and should) wait to link my bank account through Plaid and submit my payment until I see my car tomorrow. For what it's worth, I'm driving quite a distance and I've got a one way car rental and hotel booked. So I really don't want to refuse delivery, unless there is something seriously wrong with my Model 3.

Wishing all of you still waiting on your cars good luck
I paid cash as well. I planned on paying by physical check, but ended up linking my account the day of and it worked out fine. Apparently it doesn't process payment until you accept delivery. I had a "contactless" delivery and wasn't able to unlock the car until I clicked accept delivery on my Tesla account.