Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would the source code show a VIN? I've tried looking but can't find anything... I ordered 4/9, LR MSM black int for pickup at Burbank, CA. No VIN, EDD showing June 20-30 and I got the email.
Nope, don't think so. The SA can't even see a VIN so I think its been assigned somewhere, but it's not showing up in the normal systems. No idea how their systems work but I'd assume there would be some back end system the factory uses that would talk to a front end system the customer sees. So the factory has likely built the cars and assigned the VINs, their systems just aren't talking to each other as they should. Strange the SAs wouldn't be able to see everything though.

Nope, don't think so. The SA can't even see a VIN so I think its been assigned somewhere, but it's not showing up in the normal systems. No idea how their systems work but I'd assume there would be some back end system the factory uses that would talk to a front end system the customer sees. So the factory has likely built the cars and assigned the VINs, their systems just aren't talking to each other as they should. Strange the SAs wouldn't be able to see everything though.
I don’t really see how a SA would know getting the email means VINs were assigned, since it seems they literally know no more info then the EDD before you get a VIN, but I am very hopeful of course

Reactions: ytfsic
So I got an email this morning like everyone else it seems, but my email said to "Complete your insurance" to prioritize my delivery. I was planning on purchasing Tesla insurance, which says to return once I have a delivery date for my new vehicle. I called the Tesla Insurance and said I wanted to purchase the insurance, but the agent said I shouldn't purchase until I have a delivery date. They also said as long as I have insurance for my current car I should be fine, and I can upload my current car insurance onto the order page.

Which insurance have people been uploading to the order page? It doesn't sound right that I should upload my old insurance, since it specifically says that the Tesla VIN should be listed on the policy...

So I got an email this morning like everyone else it seems, but my email said to "Complete your insurance" to prioritize my delivery. I was planning on purchasing Tesla insurance, which says to return once I have a delivery date for my new vehicle. I called the Tesla Insurance and said I wanted to purchase the insurance, but the agent said I shouldn't purchase until I have a delivery date. They also said as long as I have insurance for my current car I should be fine, and I can upload my current car insurance onto the order page.

Which insurance have people been uploading to the order page? It doesn't sound right that I should upload my old insurance, since it specifically says that the Tesla VIN should be listed on the policy...

You are in CA which doesn't require the insurance to have the Tesla VIN on it. Current policy with your current car is fine.

Reactions: wbatt
I don’t really see how a SA would know getting the email means VINs were assigned, since it seems they literally know no more info then the EDD before you get a VIN, but I am very hopeful of course
While my SA certainly doesn't have magic access there *IS* some sort of system that they have access to with slightly more info than the EDD. From what I've intuited off of what she said, if you were supposed to get your VIN within a week they might know it but that's as far as I could intuit. What she specifically said is that she's certain I won't be getting my VIN within the next week (this was Wednesday, so I may get it on Wednesday of next week).

Maybe that's what we haven't considered. Has anyone consulted a medium to find out their delivery status? Can the medium contact Andrew?

• Funny
Reactions: stEVe91941
While my SA certainly doesn't have magic access there *IS* some sort of system that they have access to with slightly more info than the EDD. From what I've intuited off of what she said, if you were supposed to get your VIN within a week they might know it but that's as far as I could intuit. What she specifically said is that she's certain I won't be getting my VIN within the next week (this was Wednesday, so I may get it on Wednesday of next week).

Maybe that's what we haven't considered. Has anyone consulted a medium to find out their delivery status? Can the medium contact Andrew?
Who’s Andrew lol?

Who’s Andrew lol?
Oh sweet summer child, you haven't been here long... Andrew is the genetically engineered squirrel that is connected to Tesla's website via Neuralink to manage Tesla deliveries. Sometimes he takes away the website when we've been bad, showing us images of someone else's Tesla. Sometimes he takes away our EDD or makes it 7-11 weeks or 8-13 weeks or whatever depending on how cranky he is... When he's really upset he sends your Model 3 to Mars.

we need to get insurance before we get the car? my insurance expired on 6/10 and I am not longer insured. Do I need to purchase insurance before I get the car even though I am not driving?

In your case yes, you will need to obtain insurance in order to take delivery of your car and upload it prior to delivery. Now I have no clue if insurance not being uploaded plays into the VIN pairing game, but once you obtain the VIN, obtain insurance ASAP in order to upload it. Now you can have the policy go into effect day of delivery. Tesla just needs to know you will have insurance for the car.

we need to get insurance before we get the car? my insurance expired on 6/10 and I am not longer insured. Do I need to purchase insurance before I get the car even though I am not driving?
Proof of insurance is required to take delivery for sure. If you're registering in California insurance can be provided for an existing car without using the specific VIN for your car, which doesn't totally help you.So if you don't have an non-owner's policy I'm not sure if you need to get the insurance to get the VIN (not sure how that'd work). I assume you just need to get insurance once you have the VIN.

If you're planning on purchasing Tesla Insurance, you can do so by calling them at the number on the insurance quote page. I was advised to not purchase the insurance yet, since I would be paying for coverage on a car I don't have, but if you aren't insured currently you can probably just purchase it now.

Screenshot_20210618-094516_Yahoo Mail.jpg
Screenshot_20210618-094516_Yahoo Mail.jpgno VIN yet but most be close? My order was may 2nd. Phoenix AZ