Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My account seems to only ever update once per day in the morning. Anyone else have the same? I feel like everyone else is getting multiple date changes per day. I've see many people get VINs throughout the day but I'm expecting to just wake up one morning to one.
Over the past few weeks my dates only changed overnight each day. Then, yesterday afternoon I refreshed (as I was doing a number of times each day) and it refreshed to showing the Tesla Vision confirmation and then showed my VIN with a new EDD of June 19 (which was that same day, which is weird) am through June 24, I think.

Then, about an hour later I got a text with the link to schedule delivery, which gave me three days to choose from, June 24, 25, 25, and a number of time slots to choose from, basically every hour on the hour for most of the days, except the first day, which only have four times. It said that it should only take like 5 mins, so I assume they put a number of people in each slot since they’re only on the hours.
I'm new to the Tesla experience and am wondering if anyone knows the latest time a buyer can pick their car up. And with touchless delivery, what does one do if the vehicle has damages? who would you report that to?
I think it depends on how late the SC is open for sales. Despite just scheduling yesterday, I’m having a hard time remembering. I think the last time slot I saw available was 5pm each day with the place closing at 6pm, I believe.

I can’t speak on the touchless delivery yet (getting mine Wednesday) but from what I’ve seen online, I think you can still talk to people if they’re open. I’ve also seen people pick theirs up when the SC is closed and were directed to just report things with 24 hours (and a certain number of miles?) through the app and it’ll get taken care of.

06/18 - 9-13 weeks

06/19 - 8-12 weeks

Today - still at 8-12 weeks.

Anyone else move into the weeks last two days and still stuck here? 😓

Yep, I'm in your club as well. Moved to 9-13 a few days ago. Now stuck at 8-12. The best I had was Jun 17-30. I was kind of hoping that since I live in a fly-over state, Tesla would push more cars this way in order to increase market penetration here (there are very few Teslas on the roadways in STL relative to you coastal peeps). Ordered M3LR, MSM, 18' Aero, no FSD on 5/29. Have had my wall charger installed in the garage for a week now. Its glowing green light feels like it's taunting me every time I get out of my ICE car. I just shoot it the stink eye and walk away...

The ongoing trend that I'm seeing here is when the last day in the EDD timeframe shifts to the left, people get their VINs shortly after.

6/20 - 6/28 = VIN
V.S.
6/20 - 6/30 = NO VIN

I'm sure some of you already knew this, but I figured I'd voice it based on observation. I guess I hope to see the last day of my EDD shift to the left! 🤷🏻‍♂️ Current EDD: 6/21-6/30 😔
Didn't happen to me a few days ago when it shifted forward.
kOXPD5k.png

• Informative
Reactions: JoJa15
Yep, I'm in your club as well. Moved to 9-13 a few days ago. Now stuck at 8-12. The best I had was Jun 17-30. I was kind of hoping that since I live in a fly-over state, Tesla would push more cars this way in order to increase market penetration here (there are very few Teslas on the roadways in STL relative to you coastal peeps). Ordered M3LR, MSM, 18' Aero, no FSD on 5/29. Have had my wall charger installed in the garage for a week now. Its glowing green light feels like it's taunting me every time I get out of my ICE car. I just shoot it the stink eye and walk away...
Exact same configuration, I ordered the 5/30, but my profile was not "completed" until 6/2 I am told. Based on my SA up until Friday I was expecting my car some time late June to early July. My last correspondence was now probably closer to 8 weeks. "I can look for demo cars that fit my configuration" if I may want to get a car faster. Although my SA also said that they are seeing a lot of cancellations with switches to demo cars so maybe one of those cancellations is in my region and my configuration. :rolleyes:

So I got that going for me. I told my SA I am going to wait until my most recent EDD of July 10 to look at demo cars. One of the reasons that sold me on Tesla was less than ideal dealership experiences with my last two cars (sat at a dealership for 6 hours waiting for my new car to be ready every 30 minutes told it is just finishing detailing). I am not sure this process is much better.

Reactions: JoJa15
I feel you too. I'm still holding strong from 4/14. Hoping for VIN today or tomorrow
I'm thinking Tesla is waiting for some key chips to be delivered from the fab but has a supply of cars sitting in a lot waiting for the parts. When the chips are delivered there should be a supply of Teslas being shipped. At least that is what I am telling myself.