Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From 9-13 weeks yesterday to 8-12 weeks today. Decided that if I don’t have a vin by EOM I’m going with a demo with <1k miles.
This is the route I just went, despite my previous attempt for folks to sober me up here. Found a demo unit in Kansas City with my specs and 711 miles. Free shipping to Raleigh. VIN is 94XXXX so it's a recent build.

I've got trips I'd like to take before summer fades away and I'd rather deal with any minor cosmetic flaws than to not be able to make plans because I don't have a vehicle. Maybe if I was waiting to trade one in and could still drive I'd feel differently.

Reactions: JoJa15
Personal experience with my m3 delivery today.

1)I asked the delivery center the day my VIN was assigned (6/16) if it was possible my car would arrive at the delivery by 6/19 (I am local to Fremont). I was told this was very likely.

2) all communications by phone, chat and email attempted to tell me that my delivery would MOST like be around 6/25 and that my vehicle was still in the factory.

3) 6/18 I insisted that they release to me the MVPA so I could secure my financing -- and I am glad I did, it took the better part of a day to wrap everything and go pick up the cashiers check and nail down the final trade in details with Tesla. They continued to tell me I most likely wouldn't receive the vehicle until around 6/25 and that it was still in production. When asked how a unit that had a VIN 2,500 units after mine was being delivered out of state 6/19 they didn't have an answer.

4) early morning 6/19 I receive a text to schedule a HOME delivery, the earliest appointment was 6/23. I called Tesla and asked why are they forcing a home delivery when I specifically asked to pickup from a local delivery center and they agreed to change the appointment and gave me 3 slots for 6/20. I took one of the slots, and wrote them again asking that I be notified if something opened up earlier (crickets)

5) At noon today, I drove to the delivery center and an advisor approached and I mentioned I had an appointment scheduled for tomorrow, but was hoping they could squeeze me in today. "OH WE'VE BEEN CALLING PEOPLE ALL DAY ASKING IF THEY WANTED TO TAKE AN EARLY DELIVERY". He had my car ready in 1 hour.

All of this really pissed me off. The people over the phone/email either lied consistently over the last days or just don't give a *sugar*. On the other hand, the folks at the delivery center went over board to accommodate AND their statements were accurate. They also told me it is a strategy to push the home deliveries out.

What I took from all this is that local deliveries are around 2-3 days to the service centers and once it's there, just ask they'll probably give it to you in short order if you have ducks lined up.

The ongoing trend that I'm seeing here is when the last day in the EDD timeframe shifts to the left, people get their VINs shortly after.

6/20 - 6/28 = VIN
V.S.
6/20 - 6/30 = NO VIN

I'm sure some of you already knew this, but I figured I'd voice it based on observation. I guess I hope to see the last day of my EDD shift to the left! 🤷🏻‍♂️ Current EDD: 6/21-6/30 😔

The ongoing trend that I'm seeing here is when the last day in the EDD timeframe shifts to the left, people get their VINs shortly after.

6/20 - 6/28 = VIN
V.S.
6/20 - 6/30 = NO VIN

I'm sure some of you already knew this, but I figured I'd voice it based on observation. I guess I hope to see the last day of my EDD shift to the left! 🤷🏻‍♂️ Current EDD: 6/21-6/30 😔
Interesting observation. I wonder if there is anyone on here that had a 6/30 end date that did get a VIN. It would be great to be able to understand some small element of how the EDD works.

Reactions: WhereismyM3
Hopefully soon. I just got a text today to schedule delivery to the raintree site. The soonest I could schedule was this Wednesday. So maybe your is coming really soon.
That's good to know. I'm in a rental so everyday is more money I'm spending. I'm hoping for a VIN tomorrow or Monday and to get a similar pickup date to you. Might be wishful thinking though.

Reactions: PsyD and JoJa15