Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They sent you a text after your Vin to schedule delivery and payment yes? My estimate says 21-25th but no text just a Vin today. Curious
Yes, it looks like this:

Attachments

• F201993A-593A-4905-A075-4586C4F6A883.png
    F201993A-593A-4905-A075-4586C4F6A883.png
    414.8 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: WhereismyM3
I've noticed a distinct change over the past week or two where there's more and more late orders complaining about waiting and the older guys have been more silent. So either the April orders have been beaten down and just don't lurk as much or they have gotten vehicles and moved on.

I do really enjoy the posts like one I saw recently. It was someone who literally ordered like three days prior and basically said "I got so tired of waiting I just bought a demo." LOL wat?

I ordered 5/1 so I feel in between both groups. I'm not quite as jaded as the April crew (who are rightfully jaded) but also get quite annoyed seeing late May/June orders complain about seeing July dates and beyond and being so impatient when they've only waited a few weeks.

All you late orders, get off my lawn! Lol

Edit: My EDD has moved one day right today to June 23 - 30.
Yup picking up my april order tomorrow, so wont be around here much anymore

Does anyone know about the taxes in colorado? I pick up my car tomorrow, and I am being told $3000-$5000 in taxes will be collected when I register the car. I have bought several cars before, and this has never been the case. No one has mentioned it up to this point. Anyone have any experience with this?

Does anyone know about the taxes in colorado? I pick up my car tomorrow, and I am being told $3000-$5000 in taxes will be collected when I register the car. I have bought several cars before, and this has never been the case. No one has mentioned it up to this point. Anyone have any experience with this?
Have you purchased cars in Colorado before? Every state is different but most collect at time of sale at the dealer. It could also be a Tesla specific thing to where that's how it has to be done. Just like Tesla can't sell vehicles in Texas. Automotive laws are crazy and archaic in some states.

Have you purchased cars in Colorado before? Every state is different but most collect at time of sale at the dealer. It could also be a Tesla specific thing to where that's how it has to be done. Just like Tesla can't sell vehicles in Texas. Automotive laws are crazy and archaic in some states.
I have, a Subaru and a Mazda. I assumed that everything was just collected at sale, because registration was just the registration fees. This seems like tesla should at least mention to people, because this is going to be a huge bill.

Based on the link I posted above, Tesla only collects state sales tax at time of sale and you owe the county and city tax at time of registration, which you have to do yourself after sale.
I have, a Subaru and a Mazda. I assumed that everything was just collected at sale, because registration was just the registration fees. This seems like tesla should at least mention to people, because this is going to be a huge bill.

I know in Texas its like 6% so im looking at about $3200. Normally when you buy cars from a dealership they roll the taxes into your loan. But not with tesla.

View attachment 676046
CA
29%​
NJ
73%​
FL
52%​
MO
36%​
IL
64%​
SC
40%​
TX
51%​
NM
0%​
CO
53%​
VA
85%​
MD
56%​
WA
49%​
NC
57%​
OH
50%​
AZ
65%​
MI
30%​
MA
62%​
ID
100%​
UT
63%​
NH
80%​
DE
0%​
OR
38%​
PA
77%​
OH
50%​
This is chart tells the story. We also have to account for the number of people that don't update the sheet with their final information becaus ethey are too busy driving their M3s!!

Thanks! But pretty sure that genetically engineered squirrel, who's name I shall not speak (yes, it's gotten to THAT point), will give me 999,999 just to mess with me.

But I'd be OK with that too!
For those either newer to this thread or reading these posts from the future about past order/delivery experiences and confused about why a genetically engineered squirrel is being blamed for shenanigans, THIS is what we have been reduced to as a coping mechanism in Q2 '21.

Reactions: miami2367