Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN! White/white, everything else base. Ordered 4/6 but didn't complete financing application until early June. Also just scheduled delivery for an existing inventory model the other day. Going to have to cancel that when my SA decides to pick up the phone.

And of course they just announced the infrastructure bill will be moving along :rolleyes:
Does the infrastructure bill include the provision for reinstating EV rebates for Teslas?

VIN! White/white, everything else base. Ordered 4/6 but didn't complete financing application until early June. Also just scheduled delivery for an existing inventory model the other day. Going to have to cancel that when my SA decides to pick up the phone.

And of course they just announced the infrastructure bill will be moving along :rolleyes:
Wait, what? So, if the bill goes through, those of us who are delayed may benefit from the tax rebate? Maybe I should do a new response to the text with "June --> DELAY" or just have my wife order one since she'll probably want her own as well? haha!

@JoJa15
Details aren't released yet; the EV credits may get pushed through separately as part of the budget reconciliation. On the bill Biden just announced, there's something like $7.5b for 'EV Infrastructure' and $21b for 'environmental remediation'.

@greymatter73
Depends, the Clean Energy for America Act had the tax credit retroactive to like May 26th, although this is the same date the bill was introduced to the Senate, and could easily be updated to be effective on the date of the passage. Or, they could just as easily make it retroactive for all of 2021. Nobody knows at this point. I'm planning on taking delivery and getting weekly Carvana quotes (good for 7 days) on my Tesla when I pick it up. If the bill is passed and it's not retroactive I can always just take the super inflated resale prices and buy a new one with the tax credit. I think the general consensus is that used prices will tank by an amount roughly equal to the tax credit, but that's where having a quote locked in for 7 days can help you out.

Reactions: es06m3lrawd
Just wanted to give y'all a look at this beauty. I'm so excited to have it and wish I could just sit in it all day instead of my office 😁
20210624_130023.jpg

Just wanted to give y'all a look at this beauty. I'm so excited to have it and wish I could just sit in it all day instead of my office 😁View attachment 677241
Congratulations! I noticed that you removed the Aero covers already. Were you able to do this yourself or did you ask them at delivery time? FYI, I ordered the same color, so looking forward to it..

Reactions: TexAlly5
Congratulations! I noticed that you removed the Aero covers already. Were you able to do this yourself or did you ask them at delivery time? FYI, I ordered the same color, so looking forward to it..
Yes I don't really do any highway driving during the week, so I didn't feel they were necessary, and I didn't really like how they looked. I was able to remove them myself, but took a bit of effort and patience. And I highly recommend tinting the windows. It looks great and you really notice a difference while in the car

Reactions: isaiahwalker
Have any of you inquired about electric plans? PG&E has an EV plan that seems pretty good, off peak 12am-3pm, medium cost 3pm-4pm and 9pm-12am and high cost 5pm-9pm. Right now I have a tier plan where the more you use the more expensive per kw it gets, I feel like an EV plan would make sense , any experience ?