Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just left the Rocklin dealership. I saw a ton of white Tesla‘s, but they were all for the state of California. On a sidenote, I saw one of the SAs parking across the street and he was driving a Mazda. There’s a bad omen for the value of a Tesla overall?
Did you see ANY blues? ANY?!?!?!?!?! Haha, I am worried we are in the back of the line and my pickup is in Rocklin...

As for the Mazda, my guess is they aren't getting paid enough to afford one even with some sort of (maybe) discount? Or... their EDD is trash too haha

• Funny
Reactions: hcdavis3 and Ace777
This morning (6AM)I had the loan documents to review and accept! I finished those and about 3 hours later (9AM), I got an automated phone call from Tesla confirming tomorrow for pickup at Carlsbad. There was no specific time, but it seems like I’ll be getting a call from a Rep today to solidify a time tomorrow. WOOOO!
Congratulations on the arrival of the new car! I noticed that you ordered the exact same, EVERYTHING, that I did! haha. I ordered on May 8, and will be picking up at Carlsbad, as well! So just know, there will be 2 (AWESOME) white model 3's. Don't drive off in mine ;) lol

BTW, I see you're a scientist. You don't, by chance, work at TFS, do you?

Reactions: MissScientist
I would agree. Supposedly it takes three hours to build a car. You then need to load it on a transporter (say an hour or two??), transport it to your location (hour to 8 hours depending on location in CA), unload the cars (hour), prep/inspect/detail car (1-2 hours???). So you have at least 12 hours in delivery to the SC location. If they need to book a car delivered on the 30th to count for the quarter then manufacturing it in on the 29th, and then later delivery on the 30th would be possible.
You changed your profile pic back?

Nice - can I change my financing options after I've ordered (and once I get my VIN to open up the payment portal again)?

Right now on my dashboard I don't have any option to change anything w/ my payment
My delivery appointment is tomorrow afternoon. Today my wife informed me she wasn't going to be able to make it with me and she is on the registration/loan so required to be there to get the car... ARGH!!!

I called the Tesla location and let them know what was going on and I was able to redo the loan and just take my wife off so it's just me. So.... yeah, you can change it. Even the day before. Now I don't need my wife to go with me ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Ace777 and JoJa15
It hasn't been easy... I've seen things! 😳 😜

Still can't tell if imagining stories about a genetically engineered squirrel (thanks again @ytfsic!) controlling things is a good or bad sign of how I'm holding up.
Look, Tesla has innovated their ordering process. No other company in the space has a genetically engineered (malevolent) squirrel responsible for the company's web page, training Sales Advisors, and delivering product.

• Funny
Reactions: Ace777 and hcdavis3
Did you see ANY blues? ANY?!?!?!?!?! Haha, I am worried we are in the back of the line and my pickup is in Rocklin...

As for the Mazda, my guess is they aren't getting paid enough to afford one even with some sort of (maybe) discount? Or... their EDD is trash too haha
The other two SAs I have talk to both have newer Tesla’s. According to them the only discount they get is full self driving for free.

• Informative
Reactions: Ace777 and JoJa15
When my order was first placed, it said that Home Delivery was not an option due to location. So I had to pick a Service Center. (FYI, although I'm a few miles closer to Buena Park, I chose Costa Mesa based on more positive reviews of the SC.)

But, based on the experiences of others who also were told Home Delivery was not an option, I've seen that Tesla is now pushing for Home Delivery (even though it was previously not an option) instead of picking up at SC.

My unconfirmed and unsupported theory is that because of the unusually high volume of cars being delivered at the end of the quarter because of the backlog due to the factory "containment hold" (which we now think was for TeslaVision) last month, the SC's have limited space to store cars waiting for people to come pick them up. My thought is that they are now driving the cars to our homes to free up space and to be able to record more deliveries by EOQ.
Do they actually physically drive your car to your location (i.e. higher miles on your odometer) or do the flat bed it to your location?

You changed your profile pic back?
Yeah with a slight modification. I now have white model 3's flying over my head lol:
1624643388883.png

I have no proof but if you ordered FSD I believe that it would put you ahead of people that did not order FSD and have a similar build/order date/location. Given all other things being equal I think having FSD gives you priority.
For shits and giggles I asked my SA if ordering FSD would bump me up in the queue. Waiting on his answer.

Reactions: JoJa15