Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I completely concur.

About 10 days before my delivery, my EDD went from a narrow window to, all of a sudden, 9-13 weeks. Then it went to 8-12 weeks a couple of days later. Then I got a narrow window again. Finally got a VIN with a narrow delivery window. Then got an email congratulating me. I simultaneously got a call asking for confirmation of delivery on 6/24. So I got insurance effective 6/24. Then around 12:00 noon on 6/23, I got a text saying that my car is unexpectedly arriving in a few hours (one day earlier than they told me). Don't get me wrong. I didn't really mind that the car was early and that it was in great condition. It's just that I had to call my insurance again to set up a new effective date just so I could drive my car upon arrival.

All this to say that I agree with many Tesla owners who have taken delivery of their cars after exhaustion from refreshing their account page ..... the EDD is almost an entirely separate system from reality. Andrew works on the EDD. Mediocre SA's read your account page that Andrew is in charge of. Great SA's go into some system and tell you when your car will be manufactured, shipped, and delivered. Unfortunately, I had to go through Andrew and a couple of mediocre SA's before I found a great SA that nailed my manufacture date, ship date, and delivery date (off by one day).
Interestingly, the two SA’s have been more helpful than any other SA I’ve talked to along this journey both (at different times) shared that their internal forecasting tool estimated production date in line with website EDD.

My experience has been being stuck between a rock and a hard place. I want to believe that EDD means nothing based on your comment but then on the other side when I’ve been told twice their production forecast shows within website EDD… what do I actually believe is true? I really just don’t understand this convoluted process.

1624636989229.png
1624637050157.png

I got this email and I thought "hmm weird because I already did this" then GOT A VINNNNNNNNNNN!!! Then the EDD changed...

I have a check from a credit union where I took out a loan for my M3 I am picking up tomorrow. I had it marked that I was paying cash until I got a vin then I texted Tesla and the original person I test drove with got back to me and was able to change my purchase agreement to reflect the loan in less then 1 hour.
If you had the check then why did you have to change it back to loan? Do they really care where the money is coming from? I marked cash as well, so do I need to do the same thing? 1/2 cash from me, 1/2 with check from USAA. Thanks!

I hope your SA is right. This one day slide every day is killing me lol. The joking around is what keeps me sane. I don't know how the people with April order dates have been holding up this long lol.
It hasn't been easy... I've seen things! 😳 😜

Still can't tell if imagining stories about a genetically engineered squirrel (thanks again @ytfsic!) controlling things is a good or bad sign of how I'm holding up.

• Funny
Reactions: ytfsic and JoJa15
If I remember right, after placing order, one of the steps is "Financing" where you select between 1) Applying for loan with Tesla partner, 2) Providing your own financing with 3rd Party Bank or 3) Paying cash.

Have you done that yet?

If so, if you want to make any changes, you'd need to contact [email protected] to make changes.

For me, I waited until 45 days before the far end of my EDD to apply for Tesla Loan. Since the approval (as I was told) is good for 60 days, I didn't want to apply too soon and have it expire before delivery if it was delivered close to the far end of EDD (Which mine is now) and also a couple weeks buffer if it's late. (Still not sure if this decision has cause a delay for my VIN.)

After getting the original 2.49% approval from Tesla, my account page was updated with that info and I could not make any changes. After getting the PenFed 1.99% approval and sending it to [email protected], they updated my account to show the new 1.99%.

If you meant you want to change from loan to cash or vice versa, I have read others saying they contacted their SA.
Oh man ok thanks so much for all this info - yeah I was just hyped and wanted to get on board ASAP (partially because I also don't have a car at the moment) so I took Tesla financing.

I may go look for a 2% rate now and see if they'll still match the rate - appreciate all this.

Reactions: JoJa15 and Ace777
To those who've ordered in June and are trying to figure out their EDDs, I'm one of the few who ordered in early April and still don't have a VIN. My EDD went from June 1 - June 30 to its current state at June 28 - June 30. At this point, no idea if I'm getting a car. I'm starting to wonder if once we get into July, my EDD will start showing July 5 - June 30...

To those who've ordered in June and are trying to figure out their EDDs, I'm one of the few who ordered in early April and still don't have a VIN. My EDD went from June 1 - June 30 to its current state at June 28 - June 30. At this point, no idea if I'm getting a car. I'm starting to wonder if once we get into July, my EDD will start showing July 5 - June 30...

Email your SA, i emailed mine and i didnt get much detail except that I was for sure getting it this month barring something unusual

Reactions: hcdavis3
(Noob/novice here).....When they say delivery, do they actually delivery to your home? I picked a specific spot (Marina del Rey) for the delivery date. The SA kept telling me that when Tesla texts you about "home delivery" just reply you perfect to pick up at the service center instead....is this still correct?

I completely concur.

About 10 days before my delivery, my EDD went from a narrow window to, all of a sudden, 9-13 weeks. Then it went to 8-12 weeks a couple of days later. Then I got a narrow window again. Finally got a VIN with a narrow delivery window. Then got an email congratulating me. I simultaneously got a call asking for confirmation of delivery on 6/24. So I got insurance effective 6/24. Then around 12:00 noon on 6/23, I got a text saying that my car is unexpectedly arriving in a few hours (one day earlier than they told me). Don't get me wrong. I didn't really mind that the car was early and that it was in great condition. It's just that I had to call my insurance again to set up a new effective date just so I could drive my car upon arrival.

All this to say that I agree with many Tesla owners who have taken delivery of their cars after exhaustion from refreshing their account page ..... the EDD is almost an entirely separate system from reality. Andrew works on the EDD. Mediocre SA's read your account page that Andrew is in charge of. Great SA's go into some system and tell you when your car will be manufactured, shipped, and delivered. Unfortunately, I had to go through Andrew and a couple of mediocre SA's before I found a great SA that nailed my manufacture date ship date, and delivery date (off by one day).
How did you end up contacting the good SA? Did you call different service centers or just keep trying your local one?

Same here

And there it is…2 hours later I now have an option to pay and my delivery appt!
6/26 9-6PM window, Carlsbad
This morning (6AM)I had the loan documents to review and accept! I finished those and about 3 hours later (9AM), I got an automated phone call from Tesla confirming tomorrow for pickup at Carlsbad. There was no specific time, but it seems like I’ll be getting a call from a Rep today to solidify a time tomorrow. WOOOO!

This morning (6AM)I had the loan documents to review and accept! I finished those and about 3 hours later (9AM), I got an automated phone call from Tesla confirming tomorrow for pickup at Carlsbad. There was no specific time, but it seems like I’ll be getting a call from a Rep today to solidify a time tomorrow. WOOOO!
YEAH!! Happy for you! :) Thanks for sharing your experience so far since I'm picking up in Carlsbad too.

I just left the Rocklin dealership. I saw a ton of white Tesla‘s, but they were all for the state of California. On a sidenote, I saw one of the SAs parking across the street and he was driving a Mazda. There’s a bad omen for the value of a Tesla overall?
haha, so people who work for Caterpillar (CAT) drive a fork lift to work every day?

Realistically i think that the latest they could build a car for this quarter would be June 29th right? Like there's no way you build one June 30th, deliver it and inspect it before customer picks up.
I would agree. Supposedly it takes three hours to build a car. You then need to load it on a transporter (say an hour or two??), transport it to your location (hour to 8 hours depending on location in CA), unload the cars (hour), prep/inspect/detail car (1-2 hours???). So you have at least 12 hours in delivery to the SC location. If they need to book a car delivered on the 30th to count for the quarter then manufacturing it in on the 29th, and then later delivery on the 30th would be possible.

Oh man ok thanks so much for all this info - yeah I was just hyped and wanted to get on board ASAP (partially because I also don't have a car at the moment) so I took Tesla financing.

I may go look for a 2% rate now and see if they'll still match the rate - appreciate all this.
No problem. I'm just helping to pass on the info I've received and used from others before us (who I'm sure are having fun out on the road right now!).

I forgot to mention that according to info in FAQ section at the bottom of Best Rate Guarantee, you can have the rate matched within 7 day AFTER delivery.

"Send proof of your third-party loan approval to [email protected], within seven days of delivery, along with your reservation number (RNXXXXXXX)."

FYI, I got the 1.99% approval from PenFed Credit Union which was easy, quick and Tesla accepted their approval for the match. You do not need to join them just to apply. After Tesla matched the 1.99%, I just sent an email to PenFed to let them know I would not be accepting their offer.

Reactions: scenicroadways