Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody in the Sacramento area know about home deliveries from Rocklin? When I ordered I was given the option for home delivery or pickup at Rocklin. Now that I’ve got a car on its way, my page says my delivery date is 6/29 between 9am-6pm and they’ll contact me when it’s ready. Wondering if I don’t get the delivery option since I got a car from existing inventory?

Finally!!! Update from Seattle. 62 days after submitting my order, I just got the Tesla Vision prompt, immediately followed by a VIN. Next phase of waiting begins...
Got a message this morning to schedule home delivery, so didn't have to wait for that too long. Scheduled for the 29th now, but I am itching to call my SA and see if I can just pick it up tomorrow 🤞. I didn't know that was an option.

I took delivery today (overall, it went great! Amazing car all is in great order overall, and I'm impressed with the process. I appreciated the service and genuine care). I'll take pictures and share what issues I've spotted (minor and nothing to stress about). I want to emphasize the excellent work the SAs did. There is a lot of shame thrown around here for them doing their best (and obliviously not an ideal ordering-to-delivery process (but they're doing their job and don't design the process)).

I witnessed this guy stroll up while I was signing paperwork (he had to wait a moment but became frustrated I was getting attention and chatting up the SA reps). He interrupted, explained he had a test drive appointment, and after numerous explanations that the "test drive" was not at the delivery center (it was across the highway at a different address -- he navigated to the wrong Tesla location), he continued to throw a red-faced fit that he and an appointment and criticized the SA for "not wanting his business."

No one deserves to be treated like that at their job, let alone for some moron who couldn't read a damn map. Be kind to people whenever you can. We all know the world needs it more than ever.

Order Date: 6/1/21 | LR | DBM | 18" Aeros | No FSD
Delivery: 6/26/21

Ordered a Tesla Model 3 on April 24 and it's been delayed a handful of times already.
First it said it would be delivered end of June
Changed to first week of July
Back to mid June
Further delayed to mid July
Then back to end of June with a tighter window
Again now delayed to end of July

This is ridiculous so I called the Burbank location and they said the North cal dealers are pulling strings and getting priority. What a stupid car purchasing experience.
Agreed. I’ve gone from end of June to September. ☹️

What's the software version everyone is coming with? Picked up mine yesterday and it's showing 2021.3.103

That seems old, everything seems like it's 2021.4.x.x

Says there's no updates though
I’m at 2021.3.103 too. If you go to the software update section and pick advanced does it give you a newer version? After seeing the unreliability of the backup camera on the model 3 I rented in April I figured I’d keep it on normal updates not advanced…

• Informative
Reactions: JoJa15
I’m at 2021.3.103 too. If you go to the software update section and pick advanced does it give you a newer version? After seeing the unreliability of the backup camera on the model 3 I rented in April I figured I’d keep it on normal updates not advanced…

Looks like 2021.3.103 is a new build. The entire 2021.3.x line didn't start appearing until May, so I'm guessing it might be specific to TeslaVision cars.

Is it true that if we don't get a car in June we are looking at an August/September delivery? I ordered 5/29. I want to be patient to get my exact configuration but if that's the case, I would consider something similar that might come up in existing inventory. I was expecting a July delivery.

Is it true that if we don't get a car in June we are looking at an August/September delivery? I ordered 5/29. I want to be patient to get my exact configuration but if that's the case, I would consider something similar that might come up in existing inventory. I was expecting a July delivery.
I was wondering the same thing. From what I’ve been told from others, they don’t really do deliveries in July. It could be possible in august. I ordered 6/11 and it’s showing July 07-27 as my estimated right now.

No, it is not, and I wish people would stop perpetuating this myth. Deliveries will still occur in July, but not at the same feverish pace that’s happening right now at the end of the quarter. That’s not to say that yours won’t show up in August, it may, but I doubt many orders from May would see a September delivery that wasn’t intentional from the customer. I saw a perfect match to my configuration with less than 50 miles in existing inventory and almost pulled the trigger. But I'm in no immediate MUST HAVE NOW position, so I held off.

Those who got theirs delivered at home, what proof did they ask? I paid my down payment but my financing institution is issuing the check on Monday for Tesla and my delivery got rescheduled to tomorrow. Would that be an issue? My SA is out for the day and probably won't be back until Monday.
They ask for the documents from the bank providing the financing. I had to move my date from yesterday to Monday because Bank of America doesn't finalize loans on the weekend. MVPA was only available Friday at 6PM EDT. Here's a screen cap of the text they sent me AFTER delivery was scheduled... annoying.

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 8.22.55 AM.png

They ask for the documents from the bank providing the financing. I had to move my date from yesterday to Monday because Bank of America doesn't finalize loans on the weekend. MVPA was only available Friday at 6PM EDT. Here's a screen cap of the text they sent me AFTER delivery was scheduled... annoying.

View attachment 678412
Yup. Was about to post an update to my question. My MVPA was only available yesterday and my bank couldn't generate the check yesterday so I had to move my delivery date to tomorrow instead.