Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call from Carlsbad JUST as I got on a work call. I checked the voicemail and they said it was ready today too. I called back to tell them I could come at 3PM, and they said “you know what, let’s just deliver it to you at work (La Jolla).” I sold my Civic 4 days after I bought my M3 so I have been car-less for a while. I am tired of driving my husband’s truck so I took the delivery option gladly lol. I think it’s on the way! SO EXCITED!!!
Congrats!

1624906954630.png

Is this someone's car from here? LMAO

received my car today! Couldn’t be more happy. Had to make an appointment with service to fix some issues of course.

Getting my windows tinted a little over CA legal
Getting new springs and sway bar from unplugged hopefully next week when they get them in, and wheel spacers (all work done by them)

and shopping for new wheels. And hopefully get the boost too. Just have to convince my self to spend the $2k

but I want to order a new model 3 just so I can hang out here m
Congrats! Where are you getting your tint done? I'm also in LA and looking for recommendations.

Reactions: hcdavis3
Got a call from my SA today after several ignored texts ONLY because they have a similar make as mine with upgraded wheels available today - we're projected for Wednesday (car still being built he said) so we are holding off and not paying the extra 1500 for wheels.

I was able to confirm they are actually delivering to my house despite originally saying they can't -

As of now I should be getting it on the last day of Q2 -- praying for no major issues.

Just got a call from SA with an update - kind of a different answer than what I had earlier. Basically car is still in Fremont and waiting to be loaded onto a carrier, but now expecting home delivery for Wednesday instead of tomorrow. Disappointed, but at least I'm not getting it in the middle/late July as originally estimated when I ordered! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just got a call from SA with an update - kind of a different answer than what I had earlier. Basically car is still in Fremont and waiting to be loaded onto a carrier, but now expecting home delivery for Wednesday instead of tomorrow. Disappointed, but at least I'm not getting it in the middle/late July as originally estimated when I ordered! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sounds like our cars will be on the same truck!!! Yeah I wonder if that's faster for some reason so they are calling an audible and doing home deliveries... Doesn't make sense but oh well...

One thing that sucks is I can't test drive because the driver won't wait for me - so hopefully all is well with ours.

My car was still in production, I'm told though... I'm terrified.

Reactions: greymatter73
Really glad it wasn't damaged and needing repairs. Really hoping you get your car on Wednesday and it is perfect. Hang in there.

Sounds like our cars will be on the same truck!!! Yeah I wonder if that's faster for some reason so they are calling an audible and doing home deliveries... Doesn't make sense but oh well...

One thing that sucks is I can't test drive because the driver won't wait for me - so hopefully all is well with ours.

My car was still in production, I'm told though... I'm terrified.
Yea - I'm just thankful that I got some news today with forward momentum! Here I thought all the anxiety would be gone the second I got my VIN!!! WRONG!!!
Really glad it wasn't damaged and needing repairs. Really hoping you get your car on Wednesday and it is perfect. Hang in there.
Still not confirmed if that was the case or not, but at least it sounds like it's making movement! Of course, it could have been a canned "just calm our customers down" answer.

Can't wait to get my butt in the driver's seat, though! I'm planning to drive to my office in San Francisco from Sacramento Thursday morning and then driving from Sacramento to Mendocino County on Friday for the weekend! Going to be a punch in the gut if neither of those happens!

Reactions: JoJa15
I got a text this morning telling me that I was supposed to have gotten an email last night with instructions on where to go to accept my delivery. The overflow lot was down the street from the Pond Springs Service Center, in the Gateway Church parking lot.

I replied to the text, and a few hours later they sent me the email. Got a text saying the car was ready for pick up. Got there and one of the people helped me find the car. It was next to several other MSM model 3s.

Went through the checklist. Really dirty car, and some dirty fingerprints. They took off the film on the display. Gaps were really good. Door handles sunken in a bit but functional. Only real problem was one of the door seals.

Took it for a drive and then went to get food so I could eat while I tested supercharging.

Attachments

• 705E2DD4-3EE3-4D55-A5D1-CEDE6071CBD3.jpeg
    705E2DD4-3EE3-4D55-A5D1-CEDE6071CBD3.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 50
  • 554C0B5B-4BC4-402E-ACE1-C5CB34779401.jpeg
    554C0B5B-4BC4-402E-ACE1-C5CB34779401.jpeg
    436.4 KB · Views: 48
I got a text this morning telling me that I was supposed to have gotten an email last night with instructions on where to go to accept my delivery. The overflow lot was down the street from the Pond Springs Service Center, in the Gateway Church parking lot.

I replied to the text, and a few hours later they sent me the email. Got a text saying the car was ready for pick up. Got there and one of the people helped me find the car. It was next to several other MSM model 3s.

Went through the checklist. Really dirty car, and some dirty fingerprints. They took off the film on the display. Gaps were really good. Door handles sunken in a bit but functional. Only real problem was one of the door seals.

Took it for a drive and then went to get food so I could eat while I tested supercharging.

They took the film off the display? You didn't reject it?

Peeling the plastic off a new cell phone or especially a car is like your key to ownership

They did the same to me. When I was like 5 minutes away they text saying the car was at the service center lot and not the church over flow

Yea - I'm just thankful that I got some news today with forward momentum! Here I thought all the anxiety would be gone the second I got my VIN!!! WRONG!!!

Still not confirmed if that was the case or not, but at least it sounds like it's making movement! Of course, it could have been a canned "just calm our customers down" answer.

Can't wait to get my butt in the driver's seat, though! I'm planning to drive to my office in San Francisco from Sacramento Thursday morning and then driving from Sacramento to Mendocino County on Friday for the weekend! Going to be a punch in the gut if neither of those happens!
We're the same person - commuting to SF also -- but until I get EV/HOV capability I'll prob stick to the ferry...

Good luck!!

Reactions: greymatter73