Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally took delivery yesterday so my watch is over! Panel gaps are just a tiny bit wonky and imperfect all the way around, but we're talking milimeters ie nothing major and all would probably be considered in spec for this model. Same thing for the exterior door handles that are each recessed to different levels. It did have a few other cosmetic issues that do bother me and I scheduled for service though: one trunk taillight badly misaligned, one huge wrinkle/gap in an interior door trim, and some tiny red scratches on the paint of the roof pillar. All in all, this car is beautiful and worth the wait.

Today’s graduation day for a lot of us! Looking forward to the other side of this long journey to finally culminate with me driving off the lot and punching it on the freeway! Pickup is at Noon, so I obviously had to take the afternoon off of work! Next is to figure out what to name it… figure the name will come in due time! :cool:

And for those of you who are just now starting the EDD journey - I wish you all luck and, always remember - NEVER TRUST YOUR EDD!
ARGHHH!!! I think I jinxed myself! Just got a call from the SC. My car never got loaded onto the delivery truck so they are pushing my delivery to "hopefully tomorrow." Are you KIDDING ME??? So frustrating!

The one thing I haven't enjoyed about my current M3 is that the visibility, in the mirrors and from the driver's seat to the sides, is not good.

Agreed.

I think it helps to adjust the two side mirrors way out. My favorite way is to be on a three lane highway, in the middle lane, and adjust the side mirrors so that I have a clear view of the full lane on either side. When it's right I can't see the side of the Tesla at all.

I've tried to check the mirror, look and even check the on-screen display when changing lanes.

Agreed.

I think it helps to adjust the two side mirrors way out. My favorite way is to be on a three lane highway, in the middle lane, and adjust the side mirrors so that I have a clear view of the full lane on either side. When it's right I can't see the side of the Tesla at all.

I've tried to check the mirror, look and even check the on-screen display when changing lanes.
I have done this for years as well, as I believe it's how side mirrors are supposed to work anyway, but I know most people (my wife included) end up using half of the side mirror to see the side of their driver's side door.

That said, the issue I have with the lack of visibility for those mirrors has as much to do with the short height as it does the width. They are just really small mirrors, as is the rearview in the cabin, which doesn't really matter all that much since the trunk sits to high and the visibility to the back isn't good regardless.

And the mirrors don't really help much at all when it comes to seeing how close you are to a curb when you are leaving a parking spot or turning a corner. When people ask how I like my M3 I tell them I love it, but the only negative I can share with them is that visibility just isn't good all around. Otherwise, I have honestly had basically no complaints in nearly 3 years of driving it.

WhooHooo! I picked mine up yesterday! They sent out an Uber to drive me to the SC. We hit traffic and I was 45min late to my appt, but no big deal. Recessed handle, Panel gap on one side of trunk, and some rubbing of the driver side window that leaves a scratch looking mark. Hopefully these are easy adjustments. They told me to just submit service tickets for all 3 things, which I was fine to do.

Orders 4/26 - Delivery 6/29. So just over 2 months, which is right in line with the 8-12 weeks the SA told me when I ordered the car. Guess I can't complain even though EDD was all over the place.:)

• Love
Reactions: JoJa15 and Ace777
ARGHHH!!! I think I jinxed myself! Just got a call from the SC. My car never got loaded onto the delivery truck so they are pushing my delivery to "hopefully tomorrow." Are you KIDDING ME??? So frustrating!
OH CRAP. As you go... I go... I wonder if the whole fleet got pushed back...
And to top it off, the guy told me to hope to get it today or tomorrow, but my delivery appointment just got updated to July 3rd from 9am-6pm! I'm on vacation 300 miles away this weekend! At least that was my plan! WTF???

2021-06-30_09-44-33.png

Although I know blind spot mirrors aren't NEEDED especially if mirrors are properly adjusted, I still find them helpful.

I bought these adjustable stick on mirrors (Liberrway - $8) for now, but also considering these replacement mirrors (Suma - $160).
Personally, I the notion that blind spot mirrors aren’t needed is rubbish. Sure, I can make so without them, but why would I want to?

Suma is charging about double what the replacement mirrors cost - Wide angle side mirror glass for model 3/S/X/Y | Intelligentized Auto Parts | Hansshow

• Informative
Reactions: Ace777
And to top it off, the guy told me to hope to get it today or tomorrow, but my delivery appointment just got updated to July 3rd from 9am-6pm! I'm on vacation 300 miles away this weekend! At least that was my plan! WTF???

View attachment 679708
This is my fear - I am also out of town... If you complain I wonder if you could at least get free supercharging miles or something?

Andrew strikes again. I had an appointment today to pick up my car but last night at 10 PM I received a text saying that “Your vehicle has now been updated for July delivery. We apologize for the delay and will reach out to you as soon as your vehicle completes production.”
I called the SC this morning and apparently I’m not the only one as I overheard in the background other SAs taking on the phone with customers regarding the same issue. The SA I spoke with said they couldn’t finish the car and get it down to San Diego in time so the factory pulled all the VINs back. He said I’ll probably get another VIN and delivery date mid July.
I feel like a kid that was pulled out of the line at graduation and told I need to take a summer school class because I flunked my last final!

That said, the issue I have with the lack of visibility for those mirrors has as much to do with the short height as it does the width. They are just really small mirrors, as is the rearview in the cabin, which doesn't really matter all that much since the trunk sits to high and the visibility to the back isn't good regardless.

And the mirrors don't really help much at all when it comes to seeing how close you are to a curb when you are leaving a parking spot or turning a corner. When people ask how I like my M3 I tell them I love it, but the only negative I can share with them is that visibility just isn't good all around. Otherwise, I have honestly had basically no complaints in nearly 3 years of driving it.
You can actually have the mirrors tilt downward to see the tires when parking or coming close to a curb! Doesn’t solve your issue entirely but it definitely helps!

View attachment 679708
Just talked to SA about my new appointment being pushed out. Said if someone isn't able to pick theirs up today (they are delivering over 100!), they'd give me a call. Otherwise, I'm Sh#@ out of luck until they decide they want to load it onto a delivery truck... What have I done to deserve this???

Reactions: es06m3lrawd
Oh man - here comes the wave of over-promising and under-delivering on graduation day... Sorry to hear about these - I haven't heard either way yet - just wait for a call...
Good luck! They said they are delivering over 100 cars from Rocklin today! Kinda hoping someone isn't able to pick theirs up today and I can get a call to pick it up. I'm so over this game!

Andrew strikes again. I had an appointment today to pick up my car but last night at 10 PM I received a text saying that “Your vehicle has now been updated for July delivery. We apologize for the delay and will reach out to you as soon as your vehicle completes production.”
I called the SC this morning and apparently I’m not the only one as I overheard in the background other SAs taking on the phone with customers regarding the same issue. The SA I spoke with said they couldn’t finish the car and get it down to San Diego in time so the factory pulled all the VINs back. He said I’ll probably get another VIN and delivery date mid July.
I feel like a kid that was pulled out of the line at graduation and told I need to take a summer school class because I flunked my last final!
That’s a huge bummer man, I wonder if it’s an unexpected part shortage? Hopefully you’ll get another VIN soon! I’m still awaiting mine as well.

Reactions: stEVe91941
This is what I feel like today (and yesterday for that matter!)

2021-06-30_10-25-15.png

• Funny
Reactions: Ace777
Damn, sorry to hear that! With all this last minute rescheduling I see here, I guess I need to adjust my already low expectations a little bit lower. My car is supposed to be delivered at 4pm today, but I will mentally get ready to be disappointed. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: stEVe91941