Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I feel the need to check it often, then I would get better components from the start. Who knows what may happen if I forget to check for some time. Worse, even if it’s plugged in all the time so there’s always some current draw. Mine is installed in old work, so if I had to remove that receptacle one time to check thick and rigid copper wiring, I would never want to do it again.

For me, the argument for mobile charger vs home charger for me was whether I wanted to take full advantage of the new circuit, which I do, so that basically knocks out the mobile charger and if I wanted something a bit more rugged than the mobile charger.
Do you know if the home charger has a good wire connection point or just the normal pull down type clamp? It’s not have something get plugged in and out so maybe the normal type pull down type clamp is good enough for that option. Just wondering. I tried looking at the install manual but it didn’t really have a good photo of that.

Have you completed all the requirements in the portal? I have heard that unfinished in the portal can delay delivery.
Ugh! I was reading another post about most finance offers only being valid for 60 days and my order was placed 81 days ago, so I rechecked my account order page and it showed financing as being completed. On a hunch I texted one of my agents and she said my financing offer had expired and she is working to get it refreshed. I am hoping this has not screwed up my place in the order queue. Thanks for your question as it made me think about it.

Apparently the factory in Freemont is shut down for 2 weeks for maintenance.... according to a post over in the SR+ waiting room. :-(

This post?

Ahhhh dang it. Well that could be why we haven't gotten updated delivery dates in a couple days now.

Maybe this maintenance will improve build quality a bit!

Reactions: scenicroadways
Do you know if the home charger has a good wire connection point or just the normal pull down type clamp? It’s not have something get plugged in and out so maybe the normal type pull down type clamp is good enough for that option. Just wondering. I tried looking at the install manual but it didn’t really have a good photo of that.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Are you talking about the wall connector? What is a pull down type clamp? You mean how are the wires terminated inside the wall connector?

Yeah, I've never received any communication at all from anyone after I placed my order on 6/16. The whole process is so haphazard; it's really pretty pathetic. It's good that Tesla makes amazing cars, because they would not make it based on their customer service, such as it is.

Reactions: Luminate
Hello all!

I have been reading everyone's EDD updates and wanted to contribute to the data:

## Location ##
Tampa, FL

*GO BOLTS!*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
## Car specs ##
* Pearl White
* Black Interior
* 18" Aero wheels
* Auto pilot (No FSD)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
## Dates ##
Ordered: 06/14/2021

EDD Update 1 (06/27/2021): July 07 - July 27
EDD Update 2 (07/02/2021): July 17 - August 06
EDD Update 3 (07/04/2021): 7-11 weeks
EDD Update 4 (07/05/2021): July 20 - August 07
EDD Update 5 (07/07/2021): 7-11 weeks

As of today, 07/08/2021, EDD = "7-11 weeks"

P.S.- Is there a post threshold I have to hit before I can change my avatar to a squirrel??

Thank you all!

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Are you talking about the wall connector? What is a pull down type clamp? You mean how are the wires terminated inside the wall connector?
So the big power wires that go inside the wall charger. Are they held in place with a U type clamp? Or do they have the better connection method that the Hubble type 14-50 plug on Amazon shows in the second photo. Just wondering if the wires are using a better quality type connection inside the home charger or a standard U screw down pressure clamp connection.

So the big power wires that go inside the wall charger. Are they held in place with a U type clamp? Or do they have the better connection method that the Hubble type 14-50 plug on Amazon shows in the second photo. Just wondering if the wires are using a better quality type connection inside the home charger or a standard U screw down pressure clamp connection.
On the 500 dollar House Tesla charger that is.. if anyone knows.

This post?

Ahhhh dang it. Well that could be why we haven't gotten updated delivery dates in a couple days now.

Maybe this maintenance will improve build quality a bit!

If someone were to place an order for a 2021 Model 3 AWD long range model; what build quality issues would they need to be on the lookout for? Given the age of the Model 3, I would be surprised if they are still making changes to the build process on a 5-6 year old vehicle. I would naively assume the improvements (as much as they can improve) in build quality would have been delivered by now.

I think I have decided on a Model 3 AWD long range (well, until your post reconfirmed that build quality is still a issue that even die-hard Tesla fans mention. And if a die-hard fan is willing to recognize the defect - then the defect isn't insignificant). So I worry when I read stuff like this.