Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back to August 02 - August 22 after 11-17 weeks yesterday. What does it mean? Nobody knows!

I continue to basically expect late September but will be glad if it ends up earlier. Seems all but guaranteed I'll have to re-apply for the chunk I'm financing, which is really the only part that I'm actually miffed about- I understand everything is slow and takes time (and I don't actually mind the wait... it'll be rad whenever the day comes), just hate that they kind of push you to apply up front and then can't deliver on their estimates (or even get close to it). That part is actually ****ing with people's credit, and that's not cool at all.

Ordered M3 LR AWD white/white no FSD on 6/29 for delivery in Cleveland, OH. EDD updated this morning from 11-17 weeks to August 20 - September 09. This is my latest EDD so far with the earliest being July 19th - August 2nd when I first ordered.
I'm in Columbus OH. Ordered the same config you did on 5.23. I have just gotten out of the constant 7-11w lock and have updates daily. This am, I had a VIN assigned and a 7.20 - 7.26 range.

I'm in Columbus OH. Ordered the same config you did on 5.23. I have just gotten out of the constant 7-11w lock and have updates daily. This am, I had a VIN assigned and a 7.20 - 7.26 range.
Congratulations! When I spoke to someone at the Cleveland location last week she basically told me they don't expect any cars in July. So I'm guessing I'll get mine sometime in late August.

Back to August 02 - August 22 after 11-17 weeks yesterday. What does it mean? Nobody knows!

I continue to basically expect late September but will be glad if it ends up earlier. Seems all but guaranteed I'll have to re-apply for the chunk I'm financing, which is really the only part that I'm actually miffed about- I understand everything is slow and takes time (and I don't actually mind the wait... it'll be rad whenever the day comes), just hate that they kind of push you to apply up front and then can't deliver on their estimates (or even get close to it). That part is actually ****ing with people's credit, and that's not cool at all.
Same here, and i'll probably loose value on my trade in as well.

This right here. It’s not the wait for the car as much as it’s the requirement for getting financing then not being able to make that pre-approval window. Reapplying for another credit approval could lower scores, something I’m not happy about. I shouldn’t have to hope that my score won’t drop. I should have the car or have my credit check done once I know I’m within that 30-60 day window.

For anyone that’s done a second credit check, has it changed your approver? I’ve got Chase atm, which I’m fine keeping and would prefer not to have someone else unless it lowers my rate (highly unlikely since I have their best offered rate already).

This right here. It’s not the wait for the car as much as it’s the requirement for getting financing then not being able to make that pre-approval window. Reapplying for another credit approval could lower scores, something I’m not happy about. I shouldn’t have to hope that my score won’t drop. I should have the car or have my credit check done once I know I’m within that 30-60 day window.

For anyone that’s done a second credit check, has it changed your approver? I’ve got Chase atm, which I’m fine keeping and would prefer not to have someone else unless it lowers my rate (highly unlikely since I have their best offered rate already).

I have no idea if such a thing is an option, but I plan to call our lender and explain the situation and ask if they can extend the approval period out (expires 7/29, and I expect no such miracle car to arrive before then... but as usual would love to be wrong!). I expect them to say no, but I'll at least give it a shot.

We have the same expected delivery surprisingly since we are on opposite sides of the U.S. Utah for me. That, however, is always subject to change though.

Reactions: hcdavis3