Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The SA I was dealing with out of Tysons (VA) started off pretty great and responsive. Then he just fell off. The last time we spoke, he said I’d know more about when the car would arrive than him. Who knew he’d be spot on, because when I emailed him to say, “Hey, the VIN is now available,” I received an out of office reply 😂. Everyone deserves time off!

• Funny
Reactions: nyudoc04
My EDD has formed a pattern over the last few days:

7/17 was 7/31 to 8/19
7/18 was 8/1 to 8/19
7/19 is 8/2 to 8/19

At this rate I guess I should expect the car on 8/19. Heh. I do appreciate the “two weeks” gap from today’s date to the start of the EDD window. :)

Got my VIN this morning! 0201xx
Ordered 6/12
M3LR, white/white, 18” Aeros
EDD now at July 29-Aug 4

Time to go get that loan applied for!
Got my VIN this morning too! 6/16 order, exact same specs as Formina (no FSD) and exact same delivery window. Didn't get any email or other notice; just checked my account like I do every morning.

For those who've waited longer than me, I truly am sorry. I feel a little bit bad about getting my VIN 33 days after order, but given how many VINs have been assigned since mid/late last week, I'm hoping the floodgates open for everyone very soon. For those who haven't heard from their SA (which, when I ordered I never got one) I'd just suggest reaching out to your local service and delivery center directly and seeing if someone there can act as your SA. I had great luck with the KC folks, though it sounds like it's incredibly hit and miss around the country.

And to a previous poster's point about EDD and expectations and being angry; I completely agree that the way Tesla does things can be infuriating. The bouncing around is absolutely absurd, BUT, if you got a delivery range (say, 9-13 weeks) when you ordered, and you are still within that range, they haven't broken any promises to you. Again, it's absolutely stupid that they give such wildly varying ranges day after day, as it creates expectations that are unrealistic (but completely understandable) and it just causes people to get excited, then let down, then mad, etc. Unless there is actual new information to share, they shouldn't change the EDD at all. However, having owned a 2018 and now getting a 2021, I can tell you that yes, it IS worth the wait. And again, as noted above, the chip shortage is causing all sorts of production and delivery issues for nearly every company. If you want to cancel the M3 order and buy a currently existing car, I'd recommend waiting for the Tesla but I understand if you choose not to. However, a more fair comparison would be if you ordered a specific build from any other automaker and tried to see what kind of delivery window they might have. I'm guessing for most it would be a similar experience, albeit without the fluctuating EDD maybe, as you're having with Tesla.

Good luck to all!

April 17th Order Date
Model 3 Performance
Blue Exterior
White Interior

No holds or missed deliveries--have yet to receive a VIN. Profile Completed from the 17th of April. My "assigned SA" has practically been a ghost with absolutely abysmal customer service.

Customer Service from this company has been nothing short of vile & putrid. It's an absolute joke, with a myriad of promises met with copious amounts of under-delivery. From "By the end of May".. to "mid June for sure!" to "Definitely by the end of June, end of Quarter push!", all information relayed from... you guessed it.. not my SA of course!

I'm on the verge of canceling, hanging on by a literal strand. If it wasn't for Jesus from Burbank, who has been working tirelessly to at least keep some form of communication with me when I'm not even a 'client' of his (nor is he getting a commission) and personally monetarily obligated since I've already gotten a Wall Connector installed in my garage, I would've canceled and never looked in the direction of this company ever again.

"I've honestly never met anyone as patient as you. I'd completely understand if you cancelled, I don't know how some SA's just leave their clients in the dark and can't respond to a simple question. We're paid to do this--you haven't been nasty or been blowing his phone up. I feel extremely bad for you" - Jesus to me~

If any Tesla employee's ever see this, just know this: Jesus, you deserve a raise at the LEAST. Lucas, my "assigned SA", you absolutely deserve to be fired. Lord knows how many people you've dealt with in the same exact manner as me and had them cancel. What an absolute horror show of an experience.

Tesla has forever been marred & tainted in my eyes.
My April 2 order is in the same state, profile complete since the day it was ordered, no VIN, and in Canada we pay a $2500 deposit. It seems incredible that with your LA location and the "Quart push" they couldn't get you a car. I haven't put any blame on the SA's, I think it is beyond their control. I think the order of car deliveries is operating in a state of confusion and disorder. I'm sure 100's, maybe 1000's of Model 3 Performance Blue Exterior White Interior car have gone out to others who ordered after you just like the Black/Black AWD Model 3 I ordered. In the second quart they did make a record number of Model 3's.