Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright all, I got my M3LR delivered on Sunday, my time estimate was between 9am-6pm. To my surprise the guy showed up at 12:30, I was expecting it to show up at 6 because that's the kind of luck I have.

Other than some missing weather stripping, recessed door handle and a little bit of misalignment of the trunk panel, the car is in pretty good shape!

Hang in there to everyone else waiting, just as everyone else says, it's worth the wait.

View attachment 686351

Tint and wrap coming soon!
Wow that car looks great!!!

Reactions: SpriteM3
Hey all! I placed an order for an LR AWD, white/white, 18" aero, no FSD at the end of May, and my current EDD is 8/26 - 9/15.

I've talked to a few different advisors and none of them have given me an accurate estimate until today. Initially, he just said to go by the EDD, but I told him I'd seen someone here mention a way for advisors to provide more accurate dates. He said if you're far enough along in the process they have a "soft match" tool that shows when you've been matched to a car and when they expect it to be available. He used it to tell me that I've been matched and my realistic delivery time frame is early September, so in my case the EDD is pretty close. Unfortunately by that point it will be over 4 months from order to delivery, but at least now I can plan ahead. He also said it's possible I could be matched with a different car earlier than that, but I'm not holding my breath.

As others have mentioned here, he recommends completing the order steps ASAP and selecting cash even if you're financing, because they do prioritize orders with completed profiles. Unfortunately I was unaware of this and didn't complete everything until about a month after I ordered, so he said that probably set me back at least a couple of weeks.

I hope that helps! :)
I talked to an advisor the other day because I was concerned about my estimated date showing the default for over a week (still is today). She said that she has a tool she’s looking at to tell me that I have an anticipated delivery in august. Now whether that’s like the “soft vin” you mentioned, I’m not sure. If it is and actually accurate, then I’d be thrilled to get it before September. I’m just not sure. Im seeing June orders whether early or late in the month getting matched before may orders. I wonder why they select later orders first. 6/11 white/white aero wheels.

Hey all! I placed an order for an LR AWD, white/white, 18" aero, no FSD at the end of May, and my current EDD is 8/26 - 9/15.

I've talked to a few different advisors and none of them have given me an accurate estimate until today. Initially, he just said to go by the EDD, but I told him I'd seen someone here mention a way for advisors to provide more accurate dates. He said if you're far enough along in the process they have a "soft match" tool that shows when you've been matched to a car and when they expect it to be available. He used it to tell me that I've been matched and my realistic delivery time frame is early September, so in my case the EDD is pretty close. Unfortunately by that point it will be over 4 months from order to delivery, but at least now I can plan ahead. He also said it's possible I could be matched with a different car earlier than that, but I'm not holding my breath.

As others have mentioned here, he recommends completing the order steps ASAP and selecting cash even if you're financing, because they do prioritize orders with completed profiles. Unfortunately I was unaware of this and didn't complete everything until about a month after I ordered, so he said that probably set me back at least a couple of weeks.

I hope that helps! :)
I chose financing, but completed that the day of order. I was told 7-9 weeks when ordering so I assumed that would be OK, and also because my credit has gone up since the first check was run, I’m fine with another hit. However, I ordered July 1st so I hoped it wouldn’t take until too far into September.

first few EDD’s were in July, then August, then September, then back to August, and finally now early-mid September.

Reactions: jrmt23
I chose financing, but completed that the day of order. I was told 7-9 weeks when ordering so I assumed that would be OK, and also because my credit has gone up since the first check was run, I’m fine with another hit. However, I ordered July 1st so I hoped it wouldn’t take until too far into September.

first few EDD’s were in July, then August, then September, then back to August, and finally now early-mid September.
Thats my story - ordered mid may.
I chose financing; got approved but never accepted the rate. I switched over to cash early July. First edd was late july, then early july, then august, then late august, back to early august, then early September, now late September.

we will see where the roller coaster ends…

Thanks, they're 19" Ohm Protons!

I personally think the window gaps are excessive but after looking at other M3's maybe it's normal? See picture to see what I mean
View attachment 686368

Pretty sure that’s how the window is supposed to look…. It is a fairly large gap but seems ok.

I have read that people are getting their deposits on one car transferred to another car. As for your original order, you might consider keeping and flipping it. I know I would pay a little extra to get the car now rather than wait 2 months, and I'm probably not alone.
I considered that but it's a lot of credit to extend myself for maybe a few thousand dollars. Plus registration would be a bitch.

Yesterday after receiving the "Complete Your Insurance" e-mail, and actually going ahead and doing that my EDD shifted to the left by a day and now shows:

Estimated Delivery: July 26 - August 01

So close! Haven't heard back from my SA who I messaged on Monday, but would like to assume I will soon.