Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
uh guys?

Attachments

• 4D1D1A57-8360-4455-9FF8-6213EE7D5A10.png
    4D1D1A57-8360-4455-9FF8-6213EE7D5A10.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 86
Good morning people, been lurking in this thread since I placed my order on 6/20, finally decided to register and share my timeline as well.

I haven’t kept perfect track of the estimated date ranges since it’s jumped all over the place, but I’ve had very similar timelines of users here, from the initial 7 week estimate to disappearing EDDs, to current EDD now showing the default November.

It seems my timeline is following similarly to those around me in Utah, and also the Colorado area, though contact with my assigned SA has completely died so haven’t had any additional updates in weeks.

Ordered LR AWD 6/20 Blue/Black aeros no fsd w/ pickup in Salt Lake City.

Can confirm. 2 mid July orders from my family. Both now have EDD of "November". I think this means that our cars will not ship in Q3 (end of october). Not a great sign, cause usually Q3 is the big push for end of calendar year. On a good note, the November deliveries should be considered a 2022 VIN.

Can confirm. 2 mid July orders from my family. Both now have EDD of "November". I think this means that our cars will not ship in Q3 (end of october). Not a great sign, cause usually Q3 is the big push for end of calendar year. On a good note, the November deliveries should be considered a 2022 VIN.
I don't put too much stock in the November date. I suspect it's just pulling it from the current default. It will probably jump around a ton more before settling on a narrower range. Hopefully somewhere within the original delivery estimate on the day we placed the order.

Is there any benefit to a 2022 VIN? I don't think Tesla updates each year like other manufacturers.

The car itself is excellent. I still have a bitter taste of everything from after the order was placed to the delivery center personnel took over. I feel confident in saying I know more about the order process than my SA. When he wasn’t available, and I would receive his out of office reply asking customers to reach out to two other SAs in his absence, they wouldn’t reply either. I’ll be writing a strongly worded email and saving bits of it when the customer satisfaction survey comes around.

On pickup, I had about half charge, which was plenty. I needed to run some errands, hoping to drain the battery enough to see how my Grizzl-e home charger would do. I was pleasantly surprised to see that on 40A, the max the Grizzl-e can output, it maintained a steady charge rate of 41 mi/hr. I was expecting somewhere in the mid-30 range, so to top 40, I was thrilled.

Lots of accessories are still left to install. Today I’ll do PPF on the hood and side fenders. I’ll drop it off at the shop to do the bumper, headlights, side mirrors, and tint on Thursday. If not today, then tomorrow, I’ll get around to painting the brake calipers and swapping to my summer wheels and tires.

Quick story, I enjoyed the driving experience yesterday when Prince William’s finest in an unmarked Explorer pulled up next to me at a stoplight and motioned to drop the window. He says, “you having fun? You blew my doors off.” I was immediately thinking, well, how’s that for a record-setting pace to getting a ticket. 12 yrs and haven’t been pulled over, two hours in a Model 3, and about to get the first ticket in over a decade. But nope, we chatted about the Model S Plaid, and he knew the specs, including the 9.xx quarter-mile time. I told him I just picked mine up about 3 hours ago, and he laughed. He didn’t even give the cursory, “slow down.” The light turned green, and we went our separate way.

Hah, that's awesome. I have been eyeing the speed limit part of the UI frequently and noticing that on any stoplight or turn onto a new road I am pretty much instantaneously there. I'm not used to getting attention in a car, and now I feel like there are many eyeballs on us despite the fact there are plenty of Teslas on the road in Northern VA. Glad you didn't get a ticket / glad you love the car!

I am dragging my feet on applying protective film to the headlights, and don't know what I'm going to do about PPF, but really should figure something out in a hurry. Having never once been a "car guy" my whole life it's wild I'm even now halfway familiar with any of these things, but have no experience installing stuff like that either.

Also, boy do I wish I had a garage! One day in the carport and that "new car look" went away in a hurry.

I saw a similar error on my phone this morning. In fact, I've checked so often that I've seen all sorts of glitches. The two I see most often are an "Access Denied" page and the account page just not loading. I've also seen the account page load but clicking the "Manage" link on my order just reloads the same page. Usually clearing my browser cache, or using a private/incognito tab works. In some cases with the Access Denied page I've had to switch to another device or turn on my VPN. I always have a faint sliver of hope that I'm seeing a glitch because they are updating my EDD, but it never works out that way.

Reactions: richieyim