Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hah, that's awesome. I have been eyeing the speed limit part of the UI frequently and noticing that on any stoplight or turn onto a new road I am pretty much instantaneously there. I'm not used to getting attention in a car, and now I feel like there are many eyeballs on us despite the fact there are plenty of Teslas on the road in Northern VA. Glad you didn't get a ticket / glad you love the car!

I am dragging my feet on applying protective film to the headlights, and don't know what I'm going to do about PPF, but really should figure something out in a hurry. Having never once been a "car guy" my whole life it's wild I'm even now halfway familiar with any of these things, but have no experience installing stuff like that either.

Also, boy do I wish I had a garage! One day in the carport and that "new car look" went away in a hurry.
My new one is going in day one for PPF. My SR+ had PPF and it was an absolute life saver. There were a few minor bumps on the film on the front bumper where a rock hit the car but it was unnoticeable to someone looking at it.

Another time I got saved was when I drove over fresh line paint. The PPF I put on the lower panels was where the paint hit (along with the black plastic underneath and in the wheel wells) and I was fortunate I could rub it all off. The PPF protected the car very well, especially with some of the cruddy road conditions here in the NoVA area.

I’d highly recommend PPF. It’s an unfortunate up-front cost but well worth it.

• Helpful
Reactions: Ormond
My new one is going in day one for PPF. My SR+ had PPF and it was an absolute life saver. There were a few minor bumps on the film on the front bumper where a rock hit the car but it was unnoticeable to someone looking at it.

Another time I got saved was when I drove over fresh line paint. The PPF I put on the lower panels was where the paint hit (along with the black plastic underneath and in the wheel wells) and I was fortunate I could rub it all off. The PPF protected the car very well, especially with some of the cruddy road conditions here in the NoVA area.

did you get your whole car wrapped?

A vin for what configuration, he asks?
My
We have a vin folks! Spokane, 5/23 order. Got the email for final payment (need to change to loan not cash) but EDD now says November? Must update after I get in touch with SA. So excited. Curious if it’s coming on the same truck as the previous poster from Idaho picking up in Spokane?
Hope your car is on the same truck - I was told it would be here Friday but that the inspection would take the weekend and probably pick up the following week - I hope pickup is quicker :)

Reactions: Ormond

Appreciate the post! I guess I need to figure out how much to protect (and how I want to protect it, PPF/ceramic coating/wrap/etc) as I understand there's a lot of options there.

Since you're also in NoVA, do you recommend anywhere I should look at for this work?

I've seen Exotic Vehicle Wraps recommended a few times, as well as Detail Authority. Had found a good thread on that in the past and need to dig it back up I guess.

edit: after a bit of research, probably going to go with Detail Authority in Fairfax and given my lack of a garage am probably going to splurge for the complete PPF as birds really enjoy our carport. Thanks birds!

(this car is expensive, holy geez)

Last edited:
Reactions: Arqos
I don't put too much stock in the November date. I suspect it's just pulling it from the current default. It will probably jump around a ton more before settling on a narrower range. Hopefully somewhere within the original delivery estimate on the day we placed the order.

Is there any benefit to a 2022 VIN? I don't think Tesla updates each year like other manufacturers.
As far as resale goes, your car would technically be 1 year newer.

I don't want to spend too much on all this and go down a rabbit hole, so I'm only going to do my front bumper. I had a Model 3 for 2 years and all my rock chips were on the front bumper.
I too will be getting some ppf installed once I receive my M3. I think one area to consider (after reading other threads) are the rocker panels (panel that runs the length of the vehicle below the doors). Seen some nasty chips/paint peeling in that area on some M3s.

I wish my edd would line up with what Tesla is claiming. I just think it’s odd they’re saying mid to end of august but I’ve only seen September and now November. But yours has been lining up like it may be accurate.
I sure do hope so but we'll see how it is. You stated it's showing November for you, when did you order again?

Appreciate the post! I guess I need to figure out how much to protect (and how I want to protect it, PPF/ceramic coating/wrap/etc) as I understand there's a lot of options there.

Since you're also in NoVA, do you recommend anywhere I should look at for this work?

I've seen Exotic Vehicle Wraps recommended a few times, as well as Detail Authority. Had found a good thread on that in the past and need to dig it back up I guess.

edit: after a bit of research, probably going to go with Detail Authority in Fairfax and given my lack of a garage am probably going to splurge for the complete PPF as birds really enjoy our carport. Thanks birds!

(this car is expensive, holy geez)

I used Detail Authority, and will be using them for round two. I was really thrilled with their work. They have also done work to my wife’s vehicle as well (tinted windows and partial PPF wrap).

They have a decent price on the full wrap for the M3. I was talking to them (John, who’s been awesome to work with) about that just a little while ago. I’d go full wrap as well if my car wasn’t in a garage.

Are you planning on any ceramic?

I used Detail Authority, and will be using them for round two. I was really thrilled with their work. They have also done work to my wife’s vehicle as well (tinted windows and partial PPF wrap).

They have a decent price on the full wrap for the M3. I was talking to them (John, who’s been awesome to work with) about that just a little while ago. I’d go full wrap as well if my car wasn’t in a garage.

Are you planning on any ceramic?
How much did they quote you for a full wrap?