Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may be trivial but I am second guessing spending 53,000 for a car when you get such crappy (or no) service from Tesla. My SA is pretty much completely silent - even when I text, call, or message I get no reply. The only time I got a reply was when I contacted someone on chat and they elevated it to his lead. The place I am to pick up the car is just as bad. We stopped in there on Saturday and they offered us a car to drive for the weekend. We didn't take them up on it, but after they cancelled my delivery appointment today and changed it to Saturday I called this morning to see if we could take a car until then and they stated they don't do that ma'am. Wonder what it will be like if I have any warranty items etc.

I sold my car elsewhere. Got a feeling that the used car market my new going back to normal. I wanted all I could get now lol. I’m taking ubers here and there but it was worth me selling my car earlier
i will try Carmax this weekend. I think I waited to long and missed the used car values. also, i'm at least 6 weeks from delivery, too bad its too hot to ride my Harley. im in AZ.

Ahh another STL buyer in the waiting game! I ordered mine on 7/20 and as of today my delivery date is Sept 12-Sept 30th. About a week ago the EDD was late October. I am hoping this date moves up again! How long do I have to wait for the VIN? LOL Ordered M3 LR Deep Blue / White Interior w/FSD

Welcome! Love the build on your ride!!!

Pretty safe bet you'll get yours before end of Sept. I suspect. Based off what I've read here, and from what (our likely shared) SA said, VIN will probably arrive 2 weeks (give or take) before the day of delivery. Typically you'll start to see your start date shift later a day, each day, but your end date hold fixed. A VIN comes shortly thereafter, and the car ~2 weeks after that. I've been tracking my EDD range since early June. I'll post an updated figure tomorrow or Friday when I'm working from home again.

Nice on the VIN! Did you see some of my earlier posts about accepting financing "non-traditionally" and letting Tesla send the dealer funding request form (which you'll get when you accept your financing from your lender) to the lender sometime after the final day you have to accept the financing? Worth calling your lender and saying "I am definitely taking delivery of this vehicle but it looks like it'll be arriving sometime past the 20th" to see if they'll effectively tell you the same thing.
Thanks!! Exactly what I needed. Going to do that now

Welcome! Love the build on your ride!!!

Pretty safe bet you'll get yours before end of Sept. I suspect. Based off what I've read here, and from what (our likely shared) SA said, VIN will probably arrive 2 weeks (give or take) before the day of delivery. Typically you'll start to see your start date shift later a day, each day, but your end date hold fixed. A VIN comes shortly thereafter, and the car ~2 weeks after that. I've been tracking my EDD range since early June. I'll post an updated figure tomorrow or Friday when I'm working from home again.
Thanks for the reply! Love yours too! These newer models for me really popped with the drop of the chrome (personal preference)! With the uptick in the range of the long range model I went from there I'm not buying electric car to I'm madly in love with these things LOL.

I am really hoping for a miracle and the delivery dates move up. I don't know if I will last that long with the current EDD! Feels like being a kid again waiting for that gaming system to come out and feeling like you are going to die if you don't have it now. :)

I sold my car elsewhere. Got a feeling that the used car market my new going back to normal. I wanted all I could get now lol. I’m taking ubers here and there but it was worth me selling my car earlier
Yes, I heard from friends in the Automotive industry that wholesale prices are starting to drop which means used car prices are slowly dropping. Very glad that I sold my model 3 to carmax early July. Sold it to them for the same price I bought it for new! Doubt I would get that high of a price if I waited until today. Luckily I got another car I can drive while I wait.

EDD has closed in another day on the front end... Getting there... Maybe not in the direction we want, but it's getting there.

Order Date: 7/8
8/1: Estimated Delivery: August 22 - September 11
8/9: Estimated Delivery: August 23 - September 11
8/10: Estimated Delivery: August 24 - September 11
8/11: Estimated Delivery: August 25 - September 11
I’ve had the same recent EDD history. 7/7 order but to NJ.

I submitted a renewal odometer reading for my trade in this weekend as the 30-days had expired, and no word yet on the new trade in price. Based on the above, wonder if there is a hold on quotes to see if/when the market prices drop. Especially since my EDD is 2-4 weeks out.

I submitted a renewal odometer reading for my trade in this weekend as the 30-days had expired, and no word yet on the new trade in price. Based on the above, wonder if there is a hold on quotes to see if/when the market prices drop. Especially since my EDD is 2-4 weeks out.
I just recieved my new tade-in which was the same as before. Granted its a 2010 corolla with 180,000 miles on it. But 4K for that thing...Ill take it.

Reactions: NJBiggie
Thanks for the reply! Love yours too! These newer models for me really popped with the drop of the chrome (personal preference)! With the uptick in the range of the long range model I went from there I'm not buying electric car to I'm madly in love with these things LOL.

I am really hoping for a miracle and the delivery dates move up. I don't know if I will last that long with the current EDD! Feels like being a kid again waiting for that gaming system to come out and feeling like you are going to die if you don't have it now. :)

My biggest regret was not ordering sooner. Foolish me thought there was a chance incentives came back for Tesla. Should have known better. Could've been done with squirt-squish-boom-fart by now...

Reactions: DocHolliday