Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting development here. I've received no word from Tesla since my failed delivery yesterday and yet...

View attachment 697385
I'll keep an eye on it over the next day or so, but I may already be scheduled for delivery day #2. I am concerned about the rear bumper repair if this date holds. If the car is truly ready this quickly, that tells me they had a MSM bumper ready to go at the location. I'm not sure how I feel about that depending on when it was sprayed. If they repaint the bumper, I'm pretty confident it will not match. Maybe I'm being too pessimistic but I want to be sure the car is equivalent to new.

This could also be a placeholder that will change. Time will tell. The saga continues! 😆
Rear bumper ICE attacks are probably the #1 repair request that currently exists for Tesla. Tesla reflexes are strong, but they're vulnerable when standing still.

Interesting development here. I've received no word from Tesla since my failed delivery yesterday and yet...

View attachment 697385
I'll keep an eye on it over the next day or so, but I may already be scheduled for delivery day #2. I am concerned about the rear bumper repair if this date holds. If the car is truly ready this quickly, that tells me they had a MSM bumper ready to go at the location. I'm not sure how I feel about that depending on when it was sprayed. If they repaint the bumper, I'm pretty confident it will not match. Maybe I'm being too pessimistic but I want to be sure the car is equivalent to new.

This could also be a placeholder that will change. Time will tell. The saga continues! 😆
Or they swapped yours onto someone else’s MSM and hope they won’t notice 😬

So I picked up M3 today after being called numerous times to see if I could pick up early which I was pleased about. I picked up at the Costa Mesa location and for those of you who pick up there, good luck finding parking. They don’t allow you in their parking lot and the street is filled with employee vehicles.

I arrived approximately 30 minutes early to watch a couple pick up their MY and observed one employee shuttling cars to the front for deliveries. I stood behind my car for that time after I verified my vin and proceeded to walk around it.
I observed a scratch on the front passenger bumper but nothing I was going to lose sleep over. It didn’t matter anyhow as no employee ever asked if there were any issues. They just gathered my paperwork and check and disappeared. Pretty underwhelming experience but there’s clearly worse experiences out there and I’m just happy to have a car again.
From order to delivery it took 50 days.
0F8BFB9F-1644-462F-AFF9-3FDD9B9E417D.jpeg

So I picked up M3 today after being called numerous times to see if I could pick up early which I was pleased about. I picked up at the Costa Mesa location and for those of you who pick up there, good luck finding parking. They don’t allow you in their parking lot and the street is filled with employee vehicles.

I arrived approximately 30 minutes early to watch a couple pick up their MY and observed one employee shuttling cars to the front for deliveries. I stood behind my car for that time after I verified my vin and proceeded to walk around it.
I observed a scratch on the front passenger bumper but nothing I was going to lose sleep over. It didn’t matter anyhow as no employee ever asked if there were any issues. They just gathered my paperwork and check and disappeared. Pretty underwhelming experience but there’s clearly worse experiences out there and I’m just happy to have a car again.
View attachment 697389
Congrats... You're giving us all hope.

View attachment 697389
Nice. Did you wait to sign the agreements before you got a chance to inspect the car? I just got email notice that my agreements are ready.

Reactions: knobnd1
the included cable does not covert AC to DC. There is an internal adapter in the car. The superchargers convert the AC to DC to provide the fast charging.. Im hoping you dont have a bigger issue with the internal adapter.
So it was a bad charging cable (bad right out of the box unfortunately). The Tesla Service center gave me a new one today, tested that it worked, and didn't charge anything. Although annoying, problem solved.

Reactions: MagicMidnight
Nice. Did you wait to sign the agreements before you got a chance to inspect the car? I just got email notice that my agreements are ready.
The only document it had me sign was the $1,500 credit from SCE and it didn’t let me sign until an hour before delivery. So I did sign before inspecting but they have more documents they have you sign in your car. DMV paperwork, and final bill of sale and such.

also, I’m having EV-pros come install my Tesla charger for $395 also in OC area if you’re interested

Finally got my VIN. Below is my EDD journey, with order date being 6/28
7/7 to 8/6
7/12 to 8/1
7/16 to 8/5
7/23 to 8/12
7-11 weeks
7/23 to 8/12
7-11 weeks
9/16-9/30
11-17 weeks
8/08-8/28
11-17 weeks
7/28-8/17
9/1-9/21
9/15-9/30
9/16-9/30
9/1-9/21
8/25-9/14
9/8-9/28
8/25-9/14
9/8-9/28
9/1-9/21
November
9/2-9/22
8/16-9/2
8/17-9/2
8/18-8/31
8/19-8/29
8/20-9/7
8/21-9/7
8/22-9/7
8/23-9/7
8/24-9/7
8/25-9/4
8/26-9/4
8/27-9/4
8/28-9/4
8/25-8/31 VIN

How does that go? Click, Click, Click, Click... Click, Click, Click, Click... Click, Click, Click, Click... Click, Click, Click, Click... *REPEAT*
It was one last random click/refresh post dinner. The page was sluggish to re-load then BAM! Final Payment Ready Email showed up (Saw my update prior to seeing it in inbox) Within 60 seconds of me seeing that my SA texts me the congratulatory message and said my car is scheduled to arrive the 28th or 29th and asked if I wanted to schedule week of 30th. Prelminary stats:

Order Date: June 23rd, Colorado.
Order to VIN: 54 Days
Original EDD at order : 7-11 Weeks (Aug 11th was 7 week mark)