Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6/28 Order, White/White, Aero, No FSD

EDD has been slowly closing a day at a time from 8/16 - 9/8 for the last week and as of yesterday was 8/22 - 9/8.

Today: 8/24 - 9/5

Still a two week window, but showing progress.

Any other Vegas peeps getting VINs or seeing similar progress?

Ordered a 2021 LR in white on 8/9, currently showing estimated delivery Sept 16 - 30, which has remained unchanged for the last 2 weeks. When I first ordered it said estimated was November, but changed to September after I went through finance approval and uploaded all pertinent documentation. I called my local gallery and the advisor there said for Texas, they typically see delivery about 2 weeks after a VIN is assigned. So, best case scenario, it'll be next month!
Sounds about right! I’m in Austin and ended up with a 12 day window after VIN assignment. VIN received on 8/13 and delivery scheduled on 8/25. You should be getting your car soon! 🙂

• Helpful
Reactions: MagicMidnight
Delivery day #2 has come and gone. More of the story below (sorry for the long posts here).

It's been a ride. My wife and I get there (she's been a trooper through this whole thing) and I came to a determination in about 15 seconds that I was going to refuse delivery. They repaired the bumper alright, then proceeded to scratch the heck out of it in other places near the repair. One was down to the bumper again. The rest were surface. While I inspected the car further, my wife went to get the Tesla rep.

The Tesla rep got a bit of an earful which I was apologetic about. I told her that this is 100% not her fault, I know she's just the customer interface, but I'm shocked to see the car sitting here with more scratches. Is no one paying attention at the body shop to the work they're doing? She was very understanding, apologetic, and proceeded to give me two options. I can refuse delivery and get put back into the queue. I can also accept delivery but before I do she'll confirm with the service manager that they will be able to fix these. I said to please find out what they can do.

She came back with the news that they will absolutely take care of it for me even if I accept delivery. They will also take care of anything else I find. I talk to my wife quick and go ahead and accept delivery. The rest of the issues with the car were addressed from before. The only other new issues I found were the steering wheel off center (the car doesn't pull) and the driver's interior a-pillar piece is a bit off. Easy fixes really. I go through the rest of the paperwork and go into the delivery office.

While I was in there, waiting on a new registration to be printed for my temp tags, I saw these...

View attachment 699290

All three of those are Plaid. I didn't want to get closer to spread my bad "luck" to them. 😆 Gorgeous cars. Absolutely gorgeous.

I forgot how much I love driving this car. Even with this experience, which has been poor, the car is amazing. I can feel the acceleration difference between the LR and the SR+. I only got time for a quick side pick before backing into the garage. Say hi to Sylvie.

View attachment 699291
Sylvie is a beautiful car! I hope that you enjoy her in good health! 🦚

Reactions: Arqos
Hey all! Been lurking for a while and appreciate everyone sharing their experiences here as I’ve been waiting with excitement like everyone else.

I just happen to get that precious VIN email about an hour ago and I have a similar issue as some of you here with delivery/being away conflicts..

SO, I placed my order for an M3LR, pearl white, white/black interior, 18” aero wheels, no FSD on 7/10 at a showroom on Long Island. Back then, the estimated delivery was 11-17 weeks. After my rep explained the delivery process, I told him I can’t have it come Labor Day weekend as I will be away, and quite confidently he said’ “With that window? Don’t worry, it won’t come Labor Day weekend.” So I said alright, let’s do it. And what did my window just narrow down to after getting my VIN? 9/3-9/6 - EXACTLY while I’m away (just previously it was 9/2-9/10).

So obviously this is why I don’t play lotto, but I’m really hoping something can be done, especially after that “assurance” he obviously gambled on.. I’ve already sent him an email asking for help. Hoping he can have the scheduled delivery center hang onto the car until I can grab it when I get back like a similar experience posted here previously (thanks for the advice!). If anyone has any further tips on avoiding losing out on this delivery I’m definitely all ears.

I’ll keep you posted if anyone is interested in how it turns out. Best of luck to all of you getting yours and thanks!
So for anyone that may find this helpful, I was able to speak to the delivery location directly and they worked with me to pick up the car the day after I get back without issue, 9/7, which would have been a day outside my delivery window. And if the car happens to come early, we can setup to pick up prior to me going away. So anyone with delivery date concerns, it looks like there’s some flexibility if you speak to a rep at your delivery location. The countdown is on!

Reactions: moyism and Ormond
FINALLY!
No, I'm not excited about a VIN, that would be too generous of Elon. Im excited because after a month of my 20 day range moving to the right, it FINALLY narrowed instead!!!

08/24 - 09/13 to 08/24 - 09/05.

I have a roadtrip to PHX planned on labor day weekend, hope it lines up with my delivery day!
We both have the same EDD as of today and I wonder if there's a push for Nevada/Arizona deliveries in the next week or so. Hope so!