Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today was the day, after waiting 40+ days for this thing.. it finally happened! The delivery process took 30 mins, and that was with trade in. I had aftermarket exhaust and spoiler on my trade in and they literally inspected the car with their eyes closed. Super fast and easy!
OK so this car drives soooo goood. I just cannot get enough of it! The wait was totally worth it :) TINT scheduled for this weekend!
Thank you everyone for keeping my mind from going insane through this whole thing. Good luck to all the new orders, wishing you a speedy delivery!!

IMG_1067.jpg
IMG_1069.jpg
IMG_1068.jpg

Just going from my experience. I called the local SC and the person I spoke with told me to upload my current insurance card. An hour later, I got an updated EDD
From the Tesla portal:

Proof of insurance is required to take delivery, and must be valid for the next 60-90 days. If you're registering in these 12 states, insurance can be provided for an existing car. In all other states, insurance must be provided for the Model 3.
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Ohio
  • Oregon
  • Tennessee
  • Virginia
  • Washington
In any case, it would be awesome if the steps were different based on delivery location. So if you're in one of those 12 states it prompts you for insurance right away, and in the other 38 states it asks once you have your VIN assigned. But what do I know, I'm just a squirrel.

Today was the day, after waiting 40+ days for this thing.. it finally happened! The delivery process took 30 mins, and that was with trade in. I had aftermarket exhaust and spoiler on my trade in and they literally inspected the car with their eyes closed. Super fast and easy!
OK so this car drives soooo goood. I just cannot get enough of it! The wait was totally worth it :) TINT scheduled for this weekend!
Thank you everyone for keeping my mind from going insane through this whole thing. Good luck to all the new orders, wishing you a speedy delivery!!

View attachment 700430View attachment 700431View attachment 700432
How was the build quality? Ordered the same as you.

Nice Zebras my dude ;)

• Love
Reactions: ss71 and GasWho
Update: I actually found a somewhat massive panel gap between the glovebox and the dash trim so I scheduled a mobile service appointment to get that looked at! Should be pretty seamless and I doubt they'll charge me anything because it isn't my fault. After noticing that, I tried to look around a little more to be cautious, yet trying to make sure everything stays perfect and I found that the weather trim on the left rear door was creating a bubble shape and also pointed that out for the mobile service appointment. Everything else is as great as it can be! I'll keep y'all up to date once that appointment is finished (scheduled for 8/31).

From the Tesla portal:

Proof of insurance is required to take delivery, and must be valid for the next 60-90 days. If you're registering in these 12 states, insurance can be provided for an existing car. In all other states, insurance must be provided for the Model 3.
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Hawaii
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Ohio
  • Oregon
  • Tennessee
  • Virginia
  • Washington
In any case, it would be awesome if the steps were different based on delivery location. So if you're in one of those 12 states it prompts you for insurance right away, and in the other 38 states it asks once you have your VIN assigned. But what do I know, I'm just a squirrel.
Interestingly, my SA told me that my current insurance info was fine even though I am in Wisconsin because I am picking up in Illinois. 🤷‍♂️

Congratulations on the new ride! I have the exact same configuration on order and the wait is only getting harder as the potential delivery day gets closer!

How was the build quality? Ordered the same as you.
Absolutely flawless panels. No gaps. Few things I noticed:
-Headlight had some weird rubber, almost like gum sticking out... I assume it glues the headlight into the panel or something. Ended up using my nail to scrape it off.
-Interior seats were sort of muddy or dirty. I did notice some of the detailers were wearing old painters clothing that's probably super dirty when they go under the car or something. No worries, wiped it off with a rag.
-Tesla app doesnt work till you sign the papers and get copies.

Otherwise, super simple delivery and build quality looked good on other Tesla's. I think 1 out of the 5 people picking up had some weird paint complaint and ended up chillin in the waiting area while they took their car to the back.

Very nice.. and haha, looks like you temporarily snaked some power cords from your home to the car huh?

• Love
Reactions: GasWho
Oh forgot to mention, and not sure if it's just due to the center or if it's normal, but I got a text over the weekend from the Tesla location I'm picking it up at asking to confirm the pickup date. Based on the text, car still on the way over here LOL