Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Igot a VIN yesterday too. Completed surprised me because I just made the change to an LR on 7/28, but bi guess in the system my order is still 8/08.

Anyway, unless I can get out of my high-residual BMW lease early, I'll m have to delay and put my order in hold.

So jealous of everyone here getting VIN's and updated EDD's. I only ordered on 8/23 but am still holding out hope I get lucky for a change. Though its looking like its going to be a long wait.

Originally I asked for a switch with another bank, preferably Chase. The change from Wells Fargo to Chase at 2.49% was done immediately.

The following day I sent a separate email with a copy of the loan agreement documents DCU had sent for review to [email protected] simply asking if Chase could match the offer. Instead of 65 months, they gave me 72 months as 1.24%.
Did this require another credit inquiry to switch to Chase?

Guys. This is a real story of my experience with Customer Service from the Tesla factory delivery today. Don't get me wrong. I still believe Elon and his company do make great products and making improvements to humankind.

(I placed my online order on 7/6/21, Finance offer 2.50% accepted with Chase, plus trade-in my 2020 Civic Si(offer $24500.00, accepted on 8/16/2021).

8/31/2021- Morning. I had received a call from Tesla factory delivery about the delivery will be on 9/2/2021 and asked my preference to pick up in the morning or afternoon. I choose the afternoon and confirm the document needs and the trade-in process. Great news, happy boy for the rest of the day.
8/31/2021- Evening Tesla calls again. They state that the title status is unclear. They can't take my trade-in. Then I made calls to the current loan institution to find out what's going on. However, it is an east coast bank. Not able to do anything until the next day 6 am.

9/1/2021 - Morning. I called the bank, got the evidence of the DMV document, and sent it toTesla to keep the same delivery schedule.
9/1/2021- 11 am Tesla return my call; they claim that they can't take my trade-in, the car title still unclear, and I said I have to make some phone calls to find out whats was going on. That Customer service lady was fuxking pushing and pushing like, "you can't hold or reschedule the delivery, once you hold, you will back to the line for the next delivery batch. . Then she keeps saying either pay the final with cash or sell my car somewhere else, and never give me a minute to find out what the hell is going on. She did really made me angry on the phone, what a bitxh!!
Then I asked her why Tesla just telling me they can't take the trade-in at the last minute, why not 2 months or 2 weeks ago? The offer was accepted. And I had 2 month waited. She replies I didn't expect the title is unclear from your current loan institution. Then she fuxking push again, "so will you pay the remaining amount with cash or check payment to keep the schedule, or we can't hold the call for too long."

Then I decided to go back to the line and wait for the next delivery until my bank figure out what's going with my title status.

Sorry for the long story guys, the customer service from Tesla I had an experience today just messed up my mood. I guess I m overestimated the talent and the level of customer service that Tesla had.

For any future Tesla owner, if planning to do a trade-in, please confirm the document by yourself. These intelligent Customer Service agents or Loan officers are clicking machines. They don't even look at the terms and conditions until the last minute. Good luck Guys.
to be honest you should just go and sell your car at carmax or something. they will probably give you a better price then dealers. i sold my car at carmax and the price was always better then dealers like 3-5k difference.

I'm a long term lurker of these forums but I thought I'll share a funny pre-delivery story for all you thirsty Tesla owners/pre-owners.

Around August 1st I noticed that Tesla was giving a trade-in of $49500 for my 2018 PM3 Red with White interior. Two days later I ordered a new 2021 White with Black AWD because it was basically the same price + tax and my current P3D car is near 50K miles on the odometer.

I just got my new VIN today and I almost fell out of my chair...

OLD VIN : 5YJ3E1EB5JF055383
NEW VIN : 5YJ3E1EB0MF055893

Thanks Elon!

Call the Charlotte SC. I have read that they will usually give you up to 5 days to accept or they put you back at the end of the list. Just observations. Not necessarily what they do. Looks like each SC varies in how they approach.
This whole put you at the back of the list is not true. There is no list. The vin numbers are assigned at total random by location of car and the specs on that particular car. Multiple buyers who put there orders on hold and then removed got a vin shortly after. Tesla SA told me the same thing when I put my order on hold after getting a vin three weeks after my order was placed. Specifically said do not click off hold button unless you are ready to take delivery. A vin could be assigned the next day off hold.

• Helpful
Reactions: MagicMidnight
Just got an updated date from 9/16-9/30 from my november date. Oh man, I was expecting a little more time. Good thing carvana was offering me a good price on my lease. I guess I should call tesla to get my financing in order huh.
Looks like a lot of Sept 16-30 dates being generated. I have had that same date for about a week now. I wonder if this is the new default date or whether there is some big delivery coming?

If you were planning to pick up from the Paramus NJ location tomorrow (like me), all deliveries have been postponed due to the heavy storm that came through last night. Heavy damage to the facility (per the email from them) and to expect a new delivery date info to come soon.
I know it’s just a car and more importantly nobody was injured, but I’m bummed. I just hope that if my car was on the lot that it made it through ok.

• Informative
Reactions: Extant
For all the Charlotte people with a delivery soon: Just got a text that my car arrived at the showroom, and I can pick it up early - Waiting for them to call me with a date.

Update: 09/03 6PM it is.
I called them. :( car will not arrive until 9/8. Sooooo next Friday it is then. I really hope you have a great pickup experience and enjoy your car. Soooo looking forward to mine.

Reactions: DrIvan