Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like a lot of Sept 16-30 dates being generated. I have had that same date for about a week now. I wonder if this is the new default date or whether there is some big delivery coming?
I'm a firm believer at this point that the only reason we have the last 2 weeks in September is for them to work overtime to try and get all of these cars out the door and sold before the end of the quarter so they meet or exceed their stock projections. I'm getting more concerned each day that, if that is the case, we might all be having some significant quality issues to have to deal with after delivery. Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but I'd almost rather have one the 1st or 2nd week in October than a 'quarter-end-rush-job'. At this rate, that may very well be the case.

Did this require another credit inquiry to switch to Chase?
Typically, if you shop around applying for multiple car loans within a 45 day period, it will count as one hard pull on your credit.

Brand new to the forum.

Ordered M3LR White/Black Aero on 8/17. EDD was originally way out into November, then October, but has settled in at 9/16-9/30 for the past few days. No VIN yet.

I'll be accepting delivery in Colorado Springs, heading up from Albuquerque. It's a little unsettling not knowing a more exact date and trying to arrange transportation (air?, one way rental car?) in advance.

Reactions: hcdavis3
If you were planning to pick up from the Paramus NJ location tomorrow (like me), all deliveries have been postponed due to the heavy storm that came through last night. Heavy damage to the facility (per the email from them) and to expect a new delivery date info to come soon.
I know it’s just a car and more importantly nobody was injured, but I’m bummed. I just hope that if my car was on the lot that it made it through ok.
Got the same message this morning for my 9/4 pickup at Paramus. Definitely bummed. For all I know my M3 has floated away up 17N to NY. This storm definitely ripped us a new one.

Yesterday I picked up my Model 3 at the local service center. I looked very closely and only found two issues.

1) Rear door handles are not flush.
2) Frunk lid is not aligned where it meets the right fender. The fender sits higher.

The employee assisting me was very pleasant, BUT he said that was normal for the rear door handles. He assured me that they could not be adjusted and that “they’re all that way”. To his credit, all the new Model 3s awaiting delivery had rear door handles that were set too deep into the door.

Similarly with the frunk lid, all the new Model 3s were also poorly aligned on the right side. Some far worse than others. The SA pointed out my car’s frunk lid was centered left to right and the gaps were uniform all around. Attempting to make it flush on the right side could throw off alignment elsewhere.

Others on here have commented on the door handles. Have you been able to get them adjusted? What about frunk/fender alignment?

Thank you in advance.

Hi - 9/4 delivery appt for an SR+ and got the same email. Did any of you get calls with next steps yet? I spoke to someone who said the roof caved in on the showroom. Wondering if they’ll be able to switch to home delivery.
I had an 8/31 delivery that was delayed until 9/14 due to remediation of damage to the bumper in transport. I did not get contacted - I may not be immediately impacted as those expecting delivery within the next couple of days. I think I am going to take a ride over there later to see what's going on.

Well it looks like Tesla is really stepping up to get my 'vermin' car experience fixed. I have a new VIN now and delivery is set for 9/8 - 9/13. They were specifically looking for cars that were set for delivery that had passed the 3 days - so they must have found one. YAY. Ready to put this last month behind me. Hoping now that my lender can easily make the change on the VIN. I will also have $1,000 difference in price since I am now no longer paying a transport fee.

Got my car, very excited and did a quick test drive
PXL_20210902_173430423.MP.jpg
PXL_20210902_190013359.MP.jpg

Ha! well I think I am now finally done.

Well it continues - My SA emailed me on Sunday and said that the car was in Spokane and charged and would be all ready to go. I got the text to schedule my appointment. The first available was today and I took 5 so I would work from home and then go get it. Yesterday I confirmed that I would be able to pick it up as scheduled and they responded 'yes, please make your final payment'. (I replied that I was brining a cashiers check - which I have told them about 10 times). Just a few minutes ago I got a call from Tesla to tell me 'we won't be able to deliver your car today'. No reason at all - just that. She said that the store leader in Spokane would call me. I asked if she could please tell me the truth with this car and she just said "I know there have been mis-communication". No one from Spokane has called. So I wonder what kind of trouble it would have been if I HAD made final payment yesterday??? And still no car? At this point I can only think that maybe the car has issues and is getting worked on - or ??? I will see what they say if they ever call, but depending on how that goes I think I really am ready to just cancel it. I am afraid of what could be wrong with this car now. Well had not hit post reply yet - Spokane just called. Vermin have eaten through the wiring! I told her I am not taking that car. What an ordeal.
UN-believable!

So, so, sorry, I'm angry just imagining how this stuff could even happen!

Guys. This is a real story of my experience with Customer Service from the Tesla factory delivery today. Don't get me wrong. I still believe Elon and his company do make great products and making improvements to humankind.

(I placed my online order on 7/6/21, Finance offer 2.50% accepted with Chase, plus trade-in my 2020 Civic Si(offer $24500.00, accepted on 8/16/2021).

8/31/2021- Morning. I had received a call from Tesla factory delivery about the delivery will be on 9/2/2021 and asked my preference to pick up in the morning or afternoon. I choose the afternoon and confirm the document needs and the trade-in process. Great news, happy boy for the rest of the day.
8/31/2021- Evening Tesla calls again. They state that the title status is unclear. They can't take my trade-in. Then I made calls to the current loan institution to find out what's going on. However, it is an east coast bank. Not able to do anything until the next day 6 am.

9/1/2021 - Morning. I called the bank, got the evidence of the DMV document, and sent it toTesla to keep the same delivery schedule.
9/1/2021- 11 am Tesla return my call; they claim that they can't take my trade-in, the car title still unclear, and I said I have to make some phone calls to find out whats was going on. That Customer service lady was fuxking pushing and pushing like, "you can't hold or reschedule the delivery, once you hold, you will back to the line for the next delivery batch. . Then she keeps saying either pay the final with cash or sell my car somewhere else, and never give me a minute to find out what the hell is going on. She did really made me angry on the phone, what a bitxh!!
Then I asked her why Tesla just telling me they can't take the trade-in at the last minute, why not 2 months or 2 weeks ago? The offer was accepted. And I had 2 month waited. She replies I didn't expect the title is unclear from your current loan institution. Then she fuxking push again, "so will you pay the remaining amount with cash or check payment to keep the schedule, or we can't hold the call for too long."

Then I decided to go back to the line and wait for the next delivery until my bank figure out what's going with my title status.

Sorry for the long story guys, the customer service from Tesla I had an experience today just messed up my mood. I guess I m overestimated the talent and the level of customer service that Tesla had.

For any future Tesla owner, if planning to do a trade-in, please confirm the document by yourself. These intelligent Customer Service agents or Loan officers are clicking machines. They don't even look at the terms and conditions until the last minute. Good luck Guys.
As others have said, if Carvana or other places offer you more, go with them. In my case Tesla was actually the highest (not by much but also get the tax savings) so I went with them. They were a pain in the butt about title stuff. Like you I had a loan and they asked for a copy of the title from the bank. I got that and uploaded it. Then on Saturday (about 7 days after uploading) I got a text that they would not accept it since it was black and white... they demanded color. I pushed back and called the guy and they eventually relented. It was not, however, anyone at the Tesla shop (I don't think anyway). This kept going into Sunday with them asking for more info (which, thankfully, my bank had in my online account) and then Monday. My pickup time was 4:00 and things were not settled until about 2 hours before.

I will say, once I arrived at the Tesla location, things were very easy. I gave them my two fobs, signed a few papers, and then drove off in my new tesla!

So I am starting all over with a new countdown. Ordered today Long Range MSM / Black. Estimate is sometime in November.

Original Order was 7/22 and then on 7/31 I found my exact model in inventory in Costa Mesa. I ordered it, got the VIN and then the fun began. It has been one month and there have been many delivery appointments that have come and gone.

Some things I was told. Car is on a broken truck that can't be fixed. Battery is dead on car so we don't know where it is. Car is in transit. Last Friday I was told it was 200 miles from Spokane. Saturday I was told it still wasn't there (by 5 pm) but would be there that night.

Delivery scheduled for today at 5.

This morning I got a call from Natalie at Tesla - she just wanted to call me to tell me that they could not deliver the car to me today - and she couldn't tell me why. The leader of the Spokane store would call me.

The Spokane store leader called me and told me that the car would not hold a charge. They opened it up and 'WIRING HAD BEEN CHEWED UP BY VERMIN"

They say they will do everything possible to make it right. They were spending the day searching for a show room car - those would have not been driven but maybe have someone sit in it - I told them that would be ok.

They called me at 4. All show room models are SR+ no long range. They do have a test drive model 3 in my configuration in Seattle with 1000 miles on it. I really want a new car. They put a new order in for me and will continue to watch for an inventory car.

We do still have the test drive Model 3 they gave me to drive since I have sold my car. They haven't said anything about returning it so I assume we can drive it until November if needed.

I am almost relieved now because as time went on we kept thinking something was wrong with that car - or something had happened to it.
You are so overdue for a lucky break with your order. This one better be flipping perfect!
Good luck!!!

Finally got an appointment for next week. They said my car is in a train about half way here, and then there's the truck part.

I am hoping they call to say it arrived early, but really I just want the delivery to go well. No paint chips, no paint swirls, hopefully no dents.

Good luck to everyone waiting to get VINs this week. And to all of you California peeps, consider that we get earlier VINs but have to wait over ten days for actual delivery, hoping the car didn't get banged up on the way here, instead of getting delivery the next day or so. Maybe the certainty that the car didn't suffer in transit makes up for the extra wait for the VIN!

Reactions: Vincent T