Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a sad. Just got an update to my EDD moving it out quite a bit.
  • Order date: July 28
  • Initial EDD: November
  • (9 days later) August 6th EDD updated to Sept 7 - Sept 30
  • (12 days later) August 18th EDD updated to Sept 14 - Sept 30
  • (20 days later) aka today - EDD updated to October 06 - November 05

I have a sad. Just got an update to my EDD moving it out quite a bit.
  • Order date: July 28
  • Initial EDD: November
  • (9 days later) August 6th EDD updated to Sept 7 - Sept 30
  • (12 days later) August 18th EDD updated to Sept 14 - Sept 30
  • (20 days later) aka today - EDD updated to October 06 - November 05
Damn that sucks. Looks like your barely going to miss the CA EOQ push.

Ouch, that sucks. Hope it drops back down again.

Carvana offered me a pretty good price for my car so I'm hoping I get mine in the estimated window I have (9/18-9/29). I don't really want to risk the prices pulling back. Or just the milage increasing on my car causing it to drop a bit.

Just got another roll back! Wow.
Ordered July 22nd
September to end of September range
Then swapped to Oct 16 to Nov 17
Then today moved to Nov 4th to Dec 4.

Model 3 LW AWD. BLACK
WHITE INTERIOR.
No rims.

This intense!
Oh wow...I am surprised it got pushed back to almost end of year....Mine is still showing Sept 10th - 30th. Hasn't changed for two weeks since I made the change from SR+ to LR. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed back to Nov-Dec.

Just got another roll back! Wow.
Ordered July 22nd
September to end of September range
Then swapped to Oct 16 to Nov 17
Then today moved to Nov 4th to Dec 4.

Model 3 LW AWD. BLACK
WHITE INTERIOR.
No rims.

This intense!
I think a lot of people will be happy by the end of this week….and a lot of people will be unhappy.
Personally I’ve had no movement for two weeks. Hoping for news this week…good or bad.

My EDD changed back to September 10 - September 30 on 08/19 and stayed there until today. I checked just a few minutes ago and it narrowed to September 17 - September 27. Now back to refreshing my account like a madman at a slot machine waiting for my VIN.
Update:
VIN received today (9/6)
Delivery update: 9/17 - 9/23

This past week, the big three announced that they were shutting down plants in the US due to the chip shortage and lack of parts. I wonder if the sudden delays are due in part to supply issues.

Sorry the delay seems to affect you Californians more than others because you were queued at the end of the quarter production push. It's just my speculation, but it would look like this was unexpected.

In any case, and whatever the source, it sucks to get delayed at this point.

Is their updating pretty random or does it seem to happen around the same time everyday? I feel like it’s normally been morning times for me. Now I can be anxious every morning!

I sometimes get updates in the morning but have gotten them in the evening as well. I have heard of a few people getting them in the afternoon too, so I think it is a few times in the day. I just refresh my order page every 20 minutes cause why not!

Ouch, that sucks. Hope it drops back down again.

Carvana offered me a pretty good price for my car so I'm hoping I get mine in the estimated window I have (9/18-9/29). I don't really want to risk the prices pulling back. Or just the milage increasing on my car causing it to drop a bit.
I got a good offers from Carvana and Vroom but I decided to check out Carmax even though they have not been as good in past deals for me. They came in almost 2K higher! I’m thinking like you that prices could pull back or something else could lower the price. My EDD hasn’t changed in two weeks 9/17-9/30 order date 8/16. I‘m hoping is doesn’t slip too much. Meanwhile I will miss driving my model 3 until the new one arrives.