Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This confused me too. Mine is on the page showing my car and Next Steps/Completed Tasks. It is on the right just below and in the same font as the RN number (I know that is redundant).

To expand on my experience (my delivery day is tomorrow). My SA sent me a message when I first created an account to try and get a test drive. I have not heard anything from his since even though I have sent him 2 or 3 questions. The folks at the "store" in the mall where I went for my test drive were very helpful and responsive (they confirmed who my SA was).

I never received an invitation for a workshop or any other meeting; virtual or IRL.

I did not receive any notice when my VIN was assigned. I received both a text and email message to schedule my delivery and went to check on my account and saw the VIN.
On the other coast. None of that here either.

Got my VIN today,baby! Woohoo! 19 days from order to VIN. I'm feeling spoiled. I ordered a MYLR this past week and that delivery is so far out that there isn't even an EDD so getting the M3 VIN is helping ease the pain of a 4+ month wait for my MYLR. Will update the spreadsheet.
Congrats. My EDD is like a day off from yours. Hopefully that means a VIN soon as well. I keep expecting it to push back for some reason though.

Congrats. My EDD is like a day off from yours. Hopefully that means a VIN soon as well. I keep expecting it to push back for some reason though.
Keep the faith! Your VIN will be here soon.

I had just sworn off checking the Tesla website for a few days to give myself a break from EDD anxiety...especially with my MY EDD being non-existent. An hour later, my wife yells from the other room, "We've got a VIN!" So here I am...again! Just waiting for our EDD to narrow enough to know when it will likely arrive. We're going to our local SC on Thursday to test drive a MY. (Yes, I ordered one before the test drive but I've been in one in person and drove a M3 so I think I know what I'm getting.) I'm going to see if a SA can hook me up with some more accurate information while I'm there.

Keep the faith! Your VIN will be here soon.

I had just sworn off checking the Tesla website for a few days to give myself a break from EDD anxiety...especially with my MY EDD being non-existent. An hour later, my wife yells from the other room, "We've got a VIN!" So here I am...again! Just waiting for our EDD to narrow enough to know when it will likely arrive. We're going to our local SC on Thursday to test drive a MY. (Yes, I ordered one before the test drive but I've been in one in person and drove a M3 so I think I know what I'm getting.) I'm going to see if a SA can hook me up with some more accurate information while I'm there.
Yeah, I did not get any notification to check my account for my accept Tesla Vision/get my VIN. I wonder if an email would have eventually generated to alert me to check, or if this would have just delayed my delivery date. Thankfully, I generally refresh the page at least 20 times throughout the day, so I caught it fairly quickly I think.

Yeah, I did not get any notification to check my account for my accept Tesla Vision/get my VIN. I wonder if an email would have eventually generated to alert me to check, or if this would have just delayed my delivery date. Thankfully, I generally refresh the page at least 20 times throughout the day, so I caught it fairly quickly I think.
My son uses some type of “auto-clicker” for some game he plays. Maybe I need to look into that, and refresh every five minutes….

Do they typically email or is it by text? I’m going to be without my phone for a few days so I’m hoping nothing is explicitly needed with that. Hopefully I’ll have it back by the end of the week.
If I got any notification it has been my email thus far. I have heard the delivery process is different and those are usually text and phone calls. Honestly, I am not sure what to expect between the VIN and delivery stages. I just uploaded my insurance information this morning after I got an email asking me to do that now.