Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a VIN number last night around 11pm! I'm super stoked. I just uploaded proof of insurance and am waiting to schedule pick-up in Burbank, CA!
Would anyone happen to know if I should be expecting a phone call or text to schedule pick-up? Or do they have a link to do it online?

My EDD is Sept 10 - 12, which is relatively soon... so hopefully I hear something from Tesla.

I also haven't been able to sign or review the agreements yet either. Do those usually pop-up relatively soon after uploading proof of insurance?

I got a VIN number last night around 11pm! I'm super stoked. I just uploaded proof of insurance and am waiting to schedule pick-up in Burbank, CA!
Would anyone happen to know if I should be expecting a phone call or text to schedule pick-up? Or do they have a link to do it online?

My EDD is Sept 10 - 12, which is relatively soon... so hopefully I hear something from Tesla.

I also haven't been able to sign or review the agreements yet either. Do those usually pop-up relatively soon after uploading proof of insurance?
Congrats!

For me it was a text and an email to schedule delivery. But I think it varies by location.

Agreements weren't available for review until 24 hours before my delivery appointment.

Picked up my car yesterday and the process was very smooth.

One defect: the right tail light is off by about a 1/4". They said they could fix it there but I would have to wait about half an hour and after spending close to 45 minutes inspecting the car and doing paperwork I was getting hungry and I decided to have it done at home. Today after scheduling my home service I got a notification that I had to take it in to a service center. At least it is a lot closer than the delivery center but if I had know I would have done it yesterday.

One tip: my Tesla phone app didn't become available. I was told it could take about an hour after they entered the sale into the system. That may be because I paid by check instead of bank transfer. When I got home my tesla.com web page didn't update either and still showed the same info from before the pickup. I refreshed the page several times with no change and after about 2 hours I figured enough time had elapsed. I logged out of my account and logged in again and then my page showed the updated information. I then did the same thing with the app on my phone and that also got it working so I could connect it to my car.

I don't see my 1000 referral miles in the Loot box (app and website) or Charging (website).

Got vision agreement today and VIN! Very exciting.

Estimated Delivery: September 17 - September 23

I've been with Geico forever and have their safe driving plan etc. I imagine they will at least be competitive, but does anyone have any good insurance coverages / rates, I just want to make sure I am not getting ripped off on insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDD just narrowed to 9/18 - 9/24 with the VIN drop today. Was 9/17-9/27.

With that said, part of me is hesitant to put these updates up when there are people who have been waiting a lot longer than me (some significantly longer than me) and it feels like I'm saying "I'm gettin' mine!" The other part of me like to see others post up when they are getting closer and closer, sharing the excitement of their approaching delivery. After years of driving Chevy Bolts and being dismissive of the stark interior of the M3/Y, a test drive completely changed my mind and I'm truly psyched for my M3. All this because GM and LG dropped the ball on their batteries. As much as I loved my Bolts, if that wouldn't have happened, I would have never, as I have said on Bolt forums, "gone over to the dark side." ;-)

I honestly think it's the blue / black / aeros, and I think they pump these out in color runs... from everything I am seeing as you have the exact same config as me and our dates are eerily similar.... main difference is I am a 7/29 order. My 17-23 ( indiana ) is about the same as your VA date now too give 1 extra day for the extra trip to the east coast for you... Our cars are probably right next to each other IRL right now!

Got vision agreement today and VIN! Very exciting.

Estimated Delivery: September 17 - September 23

I've been with Geico forever and have their safe driving plan etc. I imagine they will at least be competitive, but does anyone have any good insurance coverages / rates, I just want to make sure I am not getting raped on insurance.
I have had Geico for over 20 years and they have been good to me BUT their rates for Model 3s and Ys are way high. We are switching to Progressive when we take delivery of out Model 3. Their quote was like $800 less a year than if I added my Model 3 to my Geico policy, with the same deductibles and coverage. (I have had no accidents or tickets in many many years and am in my late 40s so I'm not sure why the rates would go so high.)

Reactions: sbizzle
I have had Geico for over 20 years and they have been good to me BUT their rates for Model 3s and Ys are way high. We are switching to Progressive when we take delivery of out Model 3. Their quote was like $800 less a year than if I added my Model 3 to my Geico policy, with the same deductibles and coverage. (I have had no accidents or tickets in many many years and am in my late 40s so I'm not sure why the rates would go so high.)
After getting a quote from Progressive I will be doing the same it looks like, much cheaper than Geico.

Last edited:
I just went with the same company for insurance I have always used. Interestingly enough, they quoted me about ~$20 a month cheaper than my volt (despite the M3 being around 25k more expensive). Must be the impressive safety rating and active driving safety features. I was honestly shocked at how low the rate ended up being. I was half expecting my new rate to be 1.5-2x the volt's rate.

If I got any notification it has been my email thus far. I have heard the delivery process is different and those are usually text and phone calls. Honestly, I am not sure what to expect between the VIN and delivery stages. I just uploaded my insurance information this morning after I got an email asking me to do that now.
Thanks, that’s good to know. I’m assuming I won’t have any delivery info for at least a week or so, so I’m not too worried about it. I refresh my account page enough as it is.

EDD Still at 9/18-9/30. OD: 8/18
What are the chances I get it in that time frame vs getting a new date like other people? I hope I get my VIN soon! Maybe I will if I attain the squirrel power but I don’t know how to change my profile pic. 😭
You are not alone. I ordered July 20th my EDD is 9/12-9/31 still. My financing finally expired and asked my SA if I should redo that now or wait. I was told to wait. 👀 Did you get white interior? lol

Reactions: ArturoM

When did you order?

I just got a response from my SA in Charlotte:

"Your account is showing the referral was applied. It might just be an issue with seeing them in the app, but the miles are there."

Idk what that means lol...if I show up to a SC they won't charge me for the first 1,000 miles?
The Customer Support says "It is on your account. Just go to a Super Charger and it should be ok. Might just be a bug on the app" ...

Reactions: c00sebookpro
Ditto.

The Customer Support says "It is on your account. Just go to a Super Charger and it should be ok. Might just be a bug on the app" ...
Update: Miles are now in my loot box. Expire 6 months from my delivery day.

I emailed [email protected]. "Thank you for contacting the Tesla Referral Program, congrats on your new Tesla! Your account has been updated. Please see the Loot Box section of the Tesla Mobile App for available miles and expiration date."

Took a good 3-4 hours before they showed up but I'm good to go now.

Reactions: DrIvan