Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh man, half the fun of this waiting process is buying all the goodies and holding the pieces in your hands imaging how they are going to look in the car. My wife has been gracefully putting up with my constant 'look what I got' show and tells, and 'did you know that...' commentary, embracing my enthusiasm 😄

Here's my list of goodies I have piling up...
All-Weather Trunk & Frunk Liners
Set of jack pads
Center console organizer set
Cupholder spring insert
Wind noise reduction trim for top glass
Door lock/latch covers
License plate frames
HVAC air intake leaf guard
Trunk grocery bag holder
Frunk screw hole covers
Foot pedal slip on pads + left foot rest cover

Which all weather mats did you get? I have the 3D max spider in my MY, and they're nice but they don't look clean anymore and I can't get them to look clean no matter what I do. I was looking at TuxMats because they look so good, but I don't know a lot of people who have them.

Oh man, half the fun of this waiting process is buying all the goodies and holding the pieces in your hands imaging how they are going to look in the car. My wife has been gracefully putting up with my constant 'look what I got' show and tells, and 'did you know that...' commentary, embracing my enthusiasm 😄

Here's my list of goodies I have piling up...
All-Weather Trunk & Frunk Liners
Set of jack pads
Center console organizer set
Cupholder spring insert
Wind noise reduction trim for top glass
Door lock/latch covers
License plate frames
HVAC air intake leaf guard
Trunk grocery bag holder
Frunk screw hole covers
Foot pedal slip on pads + left foot rest cover
Please share your source for “wind noise redux”. That one sounds interesting…

Reactions: c00sebookpro
Which all weather mats did you get? I have the 3D max spider in my MY, and they're nice but they don't look clean anymore and I can't get them to look clean no matter what I do. I was looking at TuxMats because they look so good, but I don't know a lot of people who have them.
I went with the Basenor ones on Amazon, mainly for price, reviews seem good, they don't come in until Thursday but I'll let you know how they after I have them in-hand.

Please share your source for “wind noise redux”. That one sounds interesting…
There are a bunch of different types on amazon, some are full kits to do the doors and such as well, but this one is for just for the top glass surround. Before I recommend it to anyone, I'm going to try it out as I'm not convinced it'll stay on at 80+ mph. I may try tacking it down in places with double-sided tape but we'll see!

There are a bunch of different types on amazon, some are full kits to do the doors and such as well, but this one is for just for the top glass surround. Before I recommend it to anyone, I'm going to try it out as I'm not convinced it'll stay on at 80+ mph. I may try tacking it down in places with double-sided tape but we'll see!
I found no reduction in noise from these kits (big rubber band kind of thing) and they also push against the glue that attaches the roof. I strongly doubt its enough to harm the glue, but I choose to not risk it for the little to no benefit the 'kit' can provide

I got an EDD update!

Ordered 9/10, the day the EDD on the order page changed to December. The next day, it went to 11/5-12/5 (which would’ve made a birthday weekend pickup possible!!). I just checked and it updated to 10/11-10/31!! 😀
Nice. Must be helpful to be close to the US source of supply :). I check my EDD about 3 times a day, maybe more....

You gotta get those up, those are rookie numbers.

I'm ashamed to say I refresh my page like every 5 minutes

This was my first thought when I saw the reply haha. Refreshing the page has taken over my life.

Wake up, refresh. Drive to work, refresh. Sit down at my desk, refresh. Answer an email, refresh. Make coffee, refresh. Take a sip of coffee, refresh. Walk to the conference room for my meeting, refresh. Walk back to my desk, refresh. Refreshing every 5 minutes while at work. 😂

Hello Everyone,
New to here, have been reading through the posts, fun time!
M3LR, Whiter exterior and Black interior
Placed Order on 8/12 at Newport Beach CA
Received email from my SA on 8/14
Initially I thought my EDD is going to be November, but when I checked my tesla account it gives me EDD 9/15 to 9/30.
I was excited so I emailed my SA to ask if I should finish financing information on 8/17…
No reply to this day. I figure the tesla account should be trustworthy so I finished my finacing infor. Only question I have is since my SA is not responding, does it mater? Or should I ask to have my SA replaced?
thanks!
Typically, these SA's provide no value to the transaction and I think that Tesla sales operations is figuring that out. In fact, I was told that Tesla is going to be shuttering some of their high-end retail locations in favor or just having the service centers. In turn, I would imagine that they would be "re-purposing" some of the existing SAs.

During my sales process, whenever I had a question on the Tesla chat, I was inevitably directed to reach out to my SA. Of course, these messages went un-returned without fail. Nonetheless, with a little legwork on my part, i got my questions answered, took possession of my vehicle and all is good.....But it does beg the question...how much more money could Tesla save (increase stock price)...if they just dumped these useless SAs.

This was my first thought when I saw the reply haha. Refreshing the page has taken over my life.

Wake up, refresh. Drive to work, refresh. Sit down at my desk, refresh. Answer an email, refresh. Make coffee, refresh. Take a sip of coffee, refresh. Walk to the conference room for my meeting, refresh. Walk back to my desk, refresh. Refreshing every 5 minutes while at work. 😂
i'm about to isntall the chrom extension for auto refresh. and set it to like 60 seconds. gettign tired of clicking the refresh button manually.