Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Data point:
OD: 9/24/21
EDD during order: December
EDD showing until yesterday: 11/4 - 12/4

Woke up today to EDD: 11/23 - 12/7
No VIN yet
No contact with SA or anyone at Tesla since the initial text I received the day I ordered.

Config: white/white, 18”, no FSD

Every time I start to get salty about seeing people get VINs who ordered weeks after me, someone posts that they STILL haven’t received a VIN from an August order, and I calm myself. I am pretty sure I’ll get my car before the end of the year. These cars certainly seem to get batch produced and shipped depending on region.

Not planning on trying to delay to 2022. I have a suspicion many many orders will attempt this, if EV credit get passed, which could lead to more delays for delivery, maybe March?? Just a hunch though.
Wow I’m in SE Michigan as well with the exact same config. I ordered 9/15 and my EDD is 12/7-12/31. Makes no sense lol

Wow I’m in SE Michigan as well with the exact same config. I ordered 9/15 and my EDD is 12/7-12/31. Makes no sense lol
Yea pretty crazy, I assume we are both picking up from Clarkston?

I will add that I filled in all possible paperwork as soon as I could. Cash payment (until I get a VIN), entered my current insurance (which will need to get updated, but figured it was better to have “something” in their system ASAP), and entered a trade-in as soon as I could.

Your info makes me more wary that both of our cars will arrive on the same truck shipment and that it will get here sometime in December.

Another update. I think this one is +/- a week the final EDD window for me.

m3LR black/white/19
order date is 9/3

EDD progress:
9/5: 11/8 - 12/8
9/20: 12/6 - 1/5
10/27: 11/20-12/18
10/29: 12/11-12/31
10/30: 11/27-12/25
11/1: 12/30-12/31
Now: 12/19 - 12/31

Yea pretty crazy, I assume we are both picking up from Clarkston?

I will add that I filled in all possible paperwork as soon as I could. Cash payment (until I get a VIN), entered my current insurance (which will need to get updated, but figured it was better to have “something” in their system ASAP), and entered a trade-in as soon as I could.

Your info makes me more wary that both of our cars will arrive on the same truck shipment and that it will get here sometime in December.
Interesting, my SA said it doesn’t matter if I pick cash or loan to speed up the process and I did pick loan to begin with, so maybe that was the trick.

Just joined today, kicking myself because I had planned to order yest prior to $1k bump 😩

LR AWD White/White Aero. I am actually NOT waiting for it, I am waiting for the tax credit bill to be signed into law and for Jan 1st to roll around, then I will start proper waiting 😂 If bill doesn't pass, I may still get it or I may get something else and eat the $250 (at which I'm still upset that it's both so high now and an additional hidden cost to the car not a pre-payment toward the cost of the car).

This would be the 4th Tesla delivered to us, 5th ordered (early CT rez holder).

Howdy! 😎

I've also been reading without posting for a while (meaning ever), but my EDD just shifted later after a period of no change, so I thought I'd add my stats. I'm a bit outside of Chicago (close to the Highland Park location), OD 10/5/21, M3LR DBM/Black, 18" no FSD. From order date until today EDD 11/11/21 - 12/9/21, but now it's 11/21-12/5.

As someone not planning to push delivery to 2022 and very ready to pick up my M3LR.. This morning was my 5th EDD change to 11/14-11/28. Later this afternoon I checked again to find the Vision agreement & immediately I had matched a VIN (2022)! They will reach out to schedule my delivery between 11/15-11/21. Here’s hoping for a smooth ride to the finish line!

white/black, 18”, no FSD
OD 9/25
(1st) EDD December
(2nd) EDD 11/02-11/22
(3rd) EDD 10/08-10/19
(4th) EDD 11/08-11/28
(5th) EDD 1 1/15-11/21 w/ VIN

Looks like lots of new edd today, including myself
OD: 9/20
M3LR white/black/aero/no fsd
1st EDD: 11/1-11/21
2nd EDD on 10/31: 11/13-12/11
3rd EDD on 11/5: 11/19 - 12/3
No VIN
Pickup: Mt Kisco, NY
I have same pick up location and ordered on 8/15, still have EDD of 11/14-12/12. Spoke with SA from Mt Kisco tonight, and he informed me that no August orders have been delivered from there yet. They are due to start getting cars in early December and he said my vehicle is slotted for that shipment. They must be getting a butt load of cars rolling in then.