Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, hypothetically speaking. If one were to add FSD is there any evidence that it speeds delivery time? I would think the substantially higher margin may motivate Tesla to fulfill it more quickly (similar to how performance models are handled)

This isn’t for my 3. I’m close enough I can wait. For my Y order. I’m thinking of adding it and then removing it immediately before delivery. :)

Last edited:
So, hypothetically speaking. If one were to add FSD is there any evidence that it speeds delivery time? I would think the substantially higher margin may motivate Tesla to fulfill it more quickly (similar to how performance models are handled)

This isn’t for my 3. I’m close enough I can wait. For my Y order.
I assume you have an MYLR order. How about switching it to MYP if you're in a hurry? That should move up the delivery date per the website estimates, you'll get a tangible upgrade, and it's cheaper than FSD.

Reactions: BnGrm
Hi

FYI
ordered 10/26. I am in south Florida

M3 LR. White/White, Aeros - (I have my own lightweight 19” Enkei (Japan) wheels)
I will sell the Aeros with the tires, then mount my Enkeis with Bridgestone Quiets.
First EDD on order date was Dec 1-Dec 15. Incrementally shorter EDDs since order date.
Now, EDD between Nov 13-Nov 24.
But, no VIN yet, as of 11/6

Ordered 10/30 - M3LR Deep Metallic Blue / Black Interior / 18" Aero Wheels
EDD: 11/21 - 12/19

Fingers crossed EDD doesn't slip, and I actually get this bad-boy before the end of the year!
EDD Updated today:
Ordered 10/30 - M3LR Deep Blue Metallic / Black Interior 18" Aero Wheels
OG EDD: 11/21-12/19
Updated EDD: 11/22 - 12/06

Trending in the right direction, hopefully I'll see a VIN soon.

Hi

FYI
ordered 10/26. I am in south Florida

M3 LR. White/White, Aeros - (I have my own lightweight 19” Enkei (Japan) wheels)
I will sell the Aeros with the tires, then mount my Enkeis with Bridgestone Quiets.
First EDD on order date was Dec 1-Dec 15. Incrementally shorter EDDs since order date.
Now, EDD between Nov 13-Nov 24.
But, no VIN yet, as of 11/6
Wow! You ordered exact configuration as me, over a month after I did, and your edd is 2 weeks better than mine. Congrats 👏

Just watched a vid by The Bearded Tesla Guy speculating that folks who are putting their cars on hold to take delivery in early 2022 may be waiting until March, something about how Tesla historically allots much of first quarter production to out of country markets.

What say you all who are planning to do this?

In my case, if I don’t take delivery by Jan 1, I will have to pay sales tax on the car ($~3,473) since more than 60 days will have elapsed since I sold my previous car, but if the BBB passes as it currently is, I could recoup $7500 during my next year’s tax filings so net a positive ~$4k. I just wouldn’t see it for a year since, as the bill is currently, cars sold in 2022 will have to receive it at tax filing time in 2023, whereas cars sold thereafter will see it as an immediate discount at the point of sale. And it would mean continuing to drive an old beater and bum rides for potentially months longer.

Decisions, decisions….and all basically moot anyway until Congress acts on BBB.

Reactions: Paul4343
I also ordered on 10/30. Only difference is I ordered 19s. My delivery is 11/29-12/27. No change..
I somehow quoted the wrong person and can't edit my post
EDD Updated today:
Ordered 10/30 - M3LR Deep Blue Metallic / Black Interior 18" Aero Wheels
OG EDD: 11/21-12/19
Updated EDD: 11/22 - 12/06

Trending in the right direction, hopefully I'll see a VIN soon.
This is who i meant to respond to.. I also ordered on 10/30. Only difference is I ordered 19s. My delivery is 11/29-12/27. No change

So, I have an order in for M3 LR here in Utah. I've completed the Delivery and Registration portions of the onboarding process but have not submitted the trade-in and payment options. I realize that once I submit all 4 of these, I'll be given next steps (such as Insurance) but will also be officially "in the queue" for a VIN.

My SA had had told me that while there are no guarantees, if I submitted everything ASAP, my associates VIN/ car would be estimated to get here around or before December 18 (which is a short turnaround). With the potential EV tax credit, I was hoping the car wouldn't be ready until January anyways but that doesn't sound like it'll be the case. I believe I read somewhere that Tesla has changed verbiage in the order agreement so that you can really defer delivery for that long anymore.

So my question was, can I sit on filling out these steps for a couple of weeks in hopes the date gets pushed? Or if I'm "inactive" for a period of time will Tesla just flat out cancel?

Just watched a vid by The Bearded Tesla Guy speculating that folks who are putting their cars on hold to take delivery in early 2022 may be waiting until March, something about how Tesla historically allots much of first quarter production to out of country markets.

In my case, if I don’t take delivery by Jan 1, I will have to pay sales tax on the car ($~3,473) since more than 60 days will have elapsed since I sold my previous car, but if the BBB passes as it currently is, I could recoup $7500 during my next year’s tax filings so net a positive ~$4k. I just wouldn’t see it for a year since, as the bill is currently, cars sold in 2022 will have to receive it at tax filing time in 2023, whereas cars sold thereafter will see it as an immediate discount at the point of sale. And it would mean continuing to drive an old beater and bum rides for potentially months longer.

I mean I'm just going to keep a close eye on the delivery date estimates on Tesla's site and click ready on my order once it lines up with Jan/Feb. Having to wait till March if need be to save $8k is worth it imo

In my case I could wait until March or even June for delivery since I am fine with my current daily driver. Also tax-wise it is actually better if I take delivery later since I have paid property taxes on my current car until June and it is a hassle to get the prorated taxes back if I sell the car sooner. Let's see what happens to the BBB, Congress is planning to wrap it up by Thanksgiving but of course we cannot be sure at all.