Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all!

I'm new to the Tesla community. I've been dreaming about getting one for years and finally decided to make the leap after selling my 2018 Mercedes E-Class. I ordered the Model 3 Long Range in late October and received my VIN declaring it to be a 2022. I haven't heard of anyone else sharing their 2022 car's delivery and even had to work with my insurance company to create a new option for the 2022 model year. My delivery date has finally been set for the 26th so the big question is...Is this the first 2022 Model 3 to be delivered? In Florida? In the US? In the World? Probably not, but I'm curious to hear other peoples stories!
getting a 2022 delivered to Atlanta on Black friday!!

Welp...First day of my original EDD is coming to a close. I feel like I should celebrate! Lol. Still no VIN, though...
Saturday will be a week out from the new EDD, so maybe something will happen this weekend or early next week...🤞

Already got my outlet installed and ordered a bunch of accessories the other day...I am so ready.
Yes accessories should be here before delivery would be a good start

I’m getting nowhere fast in trying to figure out what is going on. I have a VIN and an EDD of 11/23 to 11/29, have uploaded insurance but have not received the vision agreement or been asked for $$$$. Seems odd since I’m 6 days away from the low side of EDD. I’ve tried to contact Tesla but get bots in the chat and no return to messages.

I’m getting nowhere fast in trying to figure out what is going on. I have a VIN and an EDD of 11/23 to 11/29, have uploaded insurance but have not received the vision agreement or been asked for $$$$. Seems odd since I’m 6 days away from the low side of EDD. I’ve tried to contact Tesla but get bots in the chat and no return to messages.
that's odd, it's usually the other way around. Accept vision agreement then receive vin with EDD changes.

Reactions: noline
Interesting your experience about the road noise. I test drove a 2021 LR with Aero wheels 2 days ago, and was pleasantly surprised how quiet the road & wind noise was. Even at 80-90mph on the concrete highway.

Maybe I had read all the reports about road noise in the M3 and was expecting the worst. Current vehicle is a 2010 BMW 3 series, and I thought the M3LR was a bit quieter, though I currently have old tires on the bimmer. Also lately been renting a Nissan Rogue and the road noise in that thing is horrendous, so maybe my expectations were lower than most.

Will say I was a little disappointed in the state of the weatherstripping trim on the test vehicle, it looked imperfect & in worse shape compared to my 11 year old car’s, which has always been parked outdoors.

Still not sure if the test drive made my waiting worse, or better 😅. I’m
9/24 OD
12/1 - 12/29 EDD
White/white/18”/no FSD
Detroit
Currently I have an ID4. After the test drive I noticed the ID4 was silent. The sound deadening in that cabin was way better. But the ID4 stereo is horrendous. The model 3 stereo was actually quite good, sub and all. I’m on the fence.

Found out today that my vehicle that was scheduled for delivery on the 20th in North Florida is delayed a day and a half. There is a delay getting to the hub in Birmingham apparently so I would expect some others in the Florida area will be getting the same news soon if not already.

Black exterior/interior
18" wheels
I got notified last thursday that mine would be delayed as well, i'm in Orlando. I was originally supposed to get it tomorrow the 18th, now im scheduled to get it saturday the 20th

I’m in Herndon, so driving the same roads as you. Didn‘t have much opportunity to test the speed much due to road work on 7, but it does handle well on the twisties. Can really feel the bumps too, but that doesn’t bother me coming from a GTI.
Yeah that part sucked cause I didn’t want to jump on 267 to get it up to speed and have a toll issue. Around town it was a little noisy - I drove the blue one. Overall it’s just a sportier suspension, would be similar to a GTI. The noise though wouldn’t. Had a concreteish sound, like loud tires. Reminded me of really low profiles on an E60.

that's odd, it's usually the other way around. Accept vision agreement then receive vin with EDD changes.
Yes it’s a very odd process - I really don’t care when it arrives but a little communication goes a long way with me - just some human interaction would be nice. The guy who I pay $50/month to fertilize My lawn follows up with me more

So I got my agreements, notice to make payment, and VIN on 11/12 and my EDD updated to 11/23-11/29. I had previously selected cash so I reached out to my SA to open up the financing application. Got that submitted and approved on Monday. After that, the vision agreement and option to make the payment disappeared and they haven't come back up yet. SA said it should come back automatically. I also haven't received any notice to schedule delivery yet and it's been 5 days since receiving the VIN. Should I be concerned or is this pretty normal for any of you that have switched from cash to financing after getting a VIN?
I think this is normal. I’m on about the same timeline as your, except delivery window 3 days back. I expect they won’t schedule delivery until the vehicle is closer to arriving at your pickup location

I think the main view/consensus is as follows:

1. If you put a hold before a VIN has been assigned, then you move to the back of the queue
2. If you put a hold after a VIN has been assigned (i.e., you reject the VIN and put the hold), then you maintain your place in the queue

Now there are others who claim that even if you put the hold before the VIN assignment, then you do not move to the back which I hope is true since I did put the hold before the VIN assignment but it is OK in my case since I could potentially wait until mid-2022 for delivery. I'll report back with my new EDD once I lift my hold on 12/31.
Well, the wording on my hold is promising since I put the hold before the VIN was assigned:

"Your delivery is on hold until December 31, 2021. If your circumstances have changed and you’re now ready to take delivery, tap “I’m Ready” and complete your pre-delivery tasks. You will then be notified when the next Model 3 with your configuration is available."

This sounds like that you do not lose your place in the queue. Well, I will see after 12/31 :)

Yes it’s a very odd process - I really don’t care when it arrives but a little communication goes a long way with me - just some human interaction would be nice. The guy who I pay $50/month to fertilize My lawn follows up with me more
This is a lot of how I’ve felt as well. I’d tolerate a 4 month wait better than a 2 month one if every week or 2 I got an email saying “we haven’t forgotten about you, you’re in the queue, and if you have any questions call us at this number.” But it seems because they don’t have to provide service, due to the demand for their product, they don’t provide it. I’ve heard from a few people who seem to have really good SAs but most seem to be MIA.

And yeah, my garbage man who I tip at the holidays interacts with me more haha

Reactions: noline
Welp...First day of my original EDD is coming to a close. I feel like I should celebrate! Lol. Still no VIN, though...
Saturday will be a week out from the new EDD, so maybe something will happen this weekend or early next week...🤞

Already got my outlet installed and ordered a bunch of accessories the other day...I am so ready.
My next edd is 11/20 -12/4 on a Red LR aero black int. OD 9/9. Been shopping also. Screen protector, floor mats, cup holder, mud flaps and polish on the way. My 14 / 50 plug is installed and waiting to be connected to the breaker. May this end soooon!