Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, just some tidbit info from me:

My EDD is 11/28-12/30 and hasn’t changed since Oct order. I called Tesla a couple days ago and the SA stated that they are doing well with delivery and expect mid to late December.

On a second note I just test drove a LR yesterday here in Vienna. I liked the car but man was there a lot of road noise and wind noise. It does handle extremely well and it’s very fast. I think whatever tires on there are really exaggerating cabin noise.

That said the SA at the store says they expect mid to late December as well.

Thanks
I have the same exact EDD as you. OD 10/30. Has not moved....

On a second note I just test drove a LR yesterday here in Vienna. I liked the car but man was there a lot of road noise and wind noise. It does handle extremely well and it’s very fast. I think whatever tires on there are really exaggerating cabin noise.

That said the SA at the store says they expect mid to late December as well.

Interesting your experience about the road noise. I test drove a 2021 LR with Aero wheels 2 days ago, and was pleasantly surprised how quiet the road & wind noise was. Even at 80-90mph on the concrete highway.

Maybe I had read all the reports about road noise in the M3 and was expecting the worst. Current vehicle is a 2010 BMW 3 series, and I thought the M3LR was a bit quieter, though I currently have old tires on the bimmer. Also lately been renting a Nissan Rogue and the road noise in that thing is horrendous, so maybe my expectations were lower than most.

Will say I was a little disappointed in the state of the weatherstripping trim on the test vehicle, it looked imperfect & in worse shape compared to my 11 year old car’s, which has always been parked outdoors.

Still not sure if the test drive made my waiting worse, or better 😅. I’m
9/24 OD
12/1 - 12/29 EDD
White/white/18”/no FSD
Detroit

Found out today that my vehicle that was scheduled for delivery on the 20th in North Florida is delayed a day and a half. There is a delay getting to the hub in Birmingham apparently so I would expect some others in the Florida area will be getting the same news soon if not already.

Black exterior/interior
18" wheels

Reactions: bigchungus
Another one for Arizona... Pleased to report that delivery has been scheduled for 2 days from now. :D👍

As others have experienced, the only option given was home delivery. There seems to no option for dealership pick-up (unless you call them and make arrangements, I guess?). I'm assuming that they'll simply drive the new car here (from Mesa AZ), then drive away with our trade-in; which also means that they can't really complete delivery without actually speaking to us. Hopefully, this will give us a chance to inspect the car before they take off.

The wait is nearly over...

Order Date: 10/5/2021
Model 3 LR/Pearl White/Dark Interior/19"
Most Recent EDD: 11/17 to 11/23
Scheduled Delivery: 11/19/2021 (Total 6-7 weeks after OD)

Reactions: geekxism
So I got my agreements, notice to make payment, and VIN on 11/12 and my EDD updated to 11/23-11/29. I had previously selected cash so I reached out to my SA to open up the financing application. Got that submitted and approved on Monday. After that, the vision agreement and option to make the payment disappeared and they haven't come back up yet. SA said it should come back automatically. I also haven't received any notice to schedule delivery yet and it's been 5 days since receiving the VIN. Should I be concerned or is this pretty normal for any of you that have switched from cash to financing after getting a VIN?

So I got my agreements, notice to make payment, and VIN on 11/12 and my EDD updated to 11/23-11/29. I had previously selected cash so I reached out to my SA to open up the financing application. Got that submitted and approved on Monday. After that, the vision agreement and option to make the payment disappeared and they haven't come back up yet. SA said it should come back automatically. I also haven't received any notice to schedule delivery yet and it's been 5 days since receiving the VIN. Should I be concerned or is this pretty normal for any of you that have switched from cash to financing after getting a VIN?
I have same EDD as you and received VIN last Friday. No message to schedule delivery yet either.

I did talk with the KC store yesterday and they told me to not expect delivery until the week of the 29th. Hopefully it is sooner.

Reactions: TheSlyyGuy
Found out today that my vehicle that was scheduled for delivery on the 20th in North Florida is delayed a day and a half. There is a delay getting to the hub in Birmingham apparently so I would expect some others in the Florida area will be getting the same news soon if not already.

Black exterior/interior
18" wheels
Yep rescheduled yesterday from 11/20 to 11/21. Central FL

Another one for Arizona... Pleased to report that delivery has been scheduled for 2 days from now. :D👍

As others have experienced, the only option given was home delivery. There seems to no option for dealership pick-up (unless you call them and make arrangements, I guess?). I'm assuming that they'll simply drive the new car here (from Mesa AZ), then drive away with our trade-in; which also means that they can't really complete delivery without actually speaking to us. Hopefully, this will give us a chance to inspect the car before they take off.

The wait is nearly over...

Order Date: 10/5/2021
Model 3 LR/Pearl White/Dark Interior/19"
Most Recent EDD: 11/17 to 11/23
Scheduled Delivery: 11/19/2021 (Total 6-7 weeks after OD)
Jealous!

Same order date but my window just narrowed to 11/26 - 11/30 and SA said expect to pick it up in Toronto on the 30th

So close but so far

In the past, once you lift a hold on the order does anyone have a good sense if you get reassigned a VIN fast or at the same timeline as if you placed a new order.

I keep seeing conflicting reports, which may be the answer itself lol.

I think the main view/consensus is as follows:

1. If you put a hold before a VIN has been assigned, then you move to the back of the queue
2. If you put a hold after a VIN has been assigned (i.e., you reject the VIN and put the hold), then you maintain your place in the queue

Now there are others who claim that even if you put the hold before the VIN assignment, then you do not move to the back which I hope is true since I did put the hold before the VIN assignment but it is OK in my case since I could potentially wait until mid-2022 for delivery. I'll report back with my new EDD once I lift my hold on 12/31.

I think the main view/consensus is as follows:

1. If you put a hold before a VIN has been assigned, then you move to the back of the queue
2. If you put a hold after a VIN has been assigned (i.e., you reject the VIN and put the hold), then you maintain your place in the queue

Now there are others who claim that even if you put the hold before the VIN assignment, then you do not move to the back which I hope is true since I did put the hold before the VIN assignment but it is OK in my case since I could potentially wait until mid-2022 for delivery. I'll report back with my new EDD once I lift my hold on 12/31.
Awesome thanks. I put my hold after being assigned a VIN so I'll try and wait till the end of December to release the hold and see what happens. I'll update you guys too.

I'm located in CT but we are picking up in Mt. Kisco, NY. I've seen a few already on here with very similar(and same) set ups and same pick up location so it will be interesting to see how this all plays out!

We ordered our M3LR Black 18"Aero, No FSD on 10/5/2021 with EDD: 11/21/21 to 12/19/2021. The EDD has not budged since we ordered it. As of today we have not received our VIN.

The speculation is killing me but at the end of the day this is exactly what we signed up for. It said December est when we initially placed the order and the EDD has been consistent throughout. So really no complaints about that. Again if we miraculously can pick up in November that would be great but no big deal if we end up in December sometime.