Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:
Order Date: 10/27
VIN Received: YES!
Delivery Window: Nov.26 - Dec.02
Ordered: M3LR/M.Silver/Black/Sport/No FSD

Are they able to process/take delivery over the weekends as well? Still waiting on my texts/emails to schedule pickup and such since my window is getting closer. I'd be ecstatic if I'm able to get the car over the Thanksgiving weekend. Unlikely, but hey, you never know :D

Reactions: 7rugby
Ordered a 3 on 10/23/2021 delivery est 11/24/2021 then now a 1st delay to 12/14/2021. Will I get 1 of these delays every other week? Anyone order in NY area around 10/23/2021 having same delays? Anyone order on 10/23/2021 receive theirs?

Another Okie here, picking up in KCMO though. My order date was 9/20. Have VIN and Vision done, with a narrow Dec 1-6 pickup window now since last Friday. No updates since then or definitive pickup date. Last communication on Sunday from my SA was that it was train bound to Chicago and I would get final update when it was on a truck to KCMO.
OKC, if I remember correctly. I am in Muskogee. Good luck on your pickup.

Reactions: TheSlyyGuy
Update:
Order Date: 10/27
VIN Received: YES!
Delivery Window: Nov.26 - Dec.02
Ordered: M3LR/M.Silver/Black/Sport/No FSD

Are they able to process/take delivery over the weekends as well? Still waiting on my texts/emails to schedule pickup and such since my window is getting closer. I'd be ecstatic if I'm able to get the car over the Thanksgiving weekend. Unlikely, but hey, you never know :D
I picked my first one on a Saturday but I hear some are picking up even on Sundays. make me wonder if they are open over Thankgiving Holidays.

Just signed my loan agreement and made final payment...Delivery appointment still scheduled for Friday with no changes.

Now that the constant account refreshing/checking and phone calls/texts are over and the loan/insurance stuff is out of the way, I've moved on to stressing like crazy over paint protection film (which I'm starting to think isn't worth it for me)...It's always something. Maybe I'm just an anxious person? 🤔
Tesla on the brain. :)
Did a partial PPF and ceramic coat on the first Tesla. I promised myself, if I ever get a 2nd one, I wouldnt stress much about the PPF and just get ceramic and be done. YEAH RIGHT!!!! I am stressing about getting a full XPEL Stealth and ceramic on top of it. Ha!!!
Once I get the car, I will be stressing about FSD. Then the next software update... Its always something.

Just signed my loan agreement and made final payment...Delivery appointment still scheduled for Friday with no changes.

Now that the constant account refreshing/checking and phone calls/texts are over and the loan/insurance stuff is out of the way, I've moved on to stressing like crazy over paint protection film (which I'm starting to think isn't worth it for me)...It's always something. Maybe I'm just an anxious person? 🤔

Yeah.....At first I was like. I will just do a clear BRA. Now I am having the whole thing done in XPEL stealth....

So I got a VIN Nov 5, put my order on hold immediately, and my plan is to take delivery January-Mid Feb. How would you guys suggest I attempt to time this properly haha. LR wait time on Tesla.com is Feb 2022 now, but I heard a few people say that people who are on hold (especially if they already got a vin) are prioritized and get faster delivery. Should I just wait till the last week of December to lift the hold?

Have delivery scheduled for 12/1 in Clarkston, MI.
OD: 9/24/21
VIN: 11/20
White/white/18”/no FSD

Some things that might be interesting:

The tile in the app “we’re building your car” never changed, until after I selected a delivery time & date today. Now that tile just has the delivery appointment listed.

Yesterday while speaking to my SA & finalizing financing, the SA told me my car was in Cleveland, had been there for 3 days (I guess beginning on the date I received my VIN). I felt some pressure from the SA to get the car paid for ASAP, citing the 3 day hold limit (even though the car was not at my actual delivery center yet). Which led to me then putting pressure on my bank to get the loan finalized and the car paid for.

Choosing cash payment during ordering possibly got my car sooner, compared to financing, but it did lead to a bit of a time crunch the past few days, as I didn’t apply for financing until I got my VIN.

Not sure if I’d do it differently in the future though. The EDD bounced around many times, and I didn’t want multiple credit pulls. The lame MI law about pre-paying also contributed to this annoying pressure, and it does feel a bit odd to pay $50k+ for a car I haven’t even seen any actual photos of yet!

Still beats the crappy dealership experience, at least for me. SA have been responsive in my case, no complaints so far.

Original EDD during ordering was “December” so it looks like that’s coming true! Glad I eventually calmed myself to mainly ignore the EDD & it’s changes, they are more of a rough guideline, not 100% accurate.

Now on to figuring out front nose PPF, tint, and a possible vinyl wrap!