Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time reader, first time poster. Ordered my M3LR on Turkey Day for Indianapolis delivery....

OD: 11/25/21 (Indianapolis)
M3LR / Silver / White / Aero Wheels / No FSD
1st EDD: 2/01 - 2/28/22
2nd EDD: (11/26) 12/15 - 12/31

Hoping Elon might slow that down a bit, I dont have the charging infrastructure on contract for installation yet, and the possible EVTC doesnt kick in until January. Lol.

Gotcha. Can you tell me what you did to place it on hold? This is the reason I logged in, to see if there's a VIN to place it on hold. I heard you should ideally wait till there's VIN before you call in to place it on hold — is this the accepted way?
If you wait for a VIN you can only hold for 30 days max, or at least I havent seen anyone that was able to do it for more.

Gotcha. Can you tell me what you did to place it on hold? This is the reason I logged in, to see if there's a VIN to place it on hold. I heard you should ideally wait till there's VIN before you call in to place it on hold — is this the accepted way?
I just reached out to my SA to put it on hold. From what I have read here people seem to get reassigned a VIN quicker if they put a hold after receiving a VIN, but not sure how accurate that is.

Also, I was able to put my order on hold for the full 90 days even though I had a VIN. Seems like all of this varies depending on your SA though.

Update for the Phoenix area. EDD changed
Yea mine just changed also this morning. From 11/24-12/22 to 11/26-12/10. We shall see. If it is anything like our Y it will happen quickly. We got our VIN for our Y on 9/26 and delivered to our house on 9/30. Funny how we weren’t expecting until EED of December. Amazing part was the manufacture date was 9/25.
Update for the Phx area folks. EDD updated on 11/26. Went to 11/30-12/10. In the middle of the night got VIN and vision agreement, today got text to schedule delivery date. Home delivery set up for Friday 12/3. Not bad at all for order date of 10/20. Also we sold our 2019 Model 3 SR+ with 22,000 miles to Carbuyerusa for $42500, $3500 more than we paid.

Update for the Phx area folks. EDD updated on 11/26. Went to 11/30-12/10. In the middle of the night got VIN and vision agreement, today got text to schedule delivery date. Home delivery set up for Friday 12/3. Not bad at all for order date of 10/20. Also we sold our 2019 Model 3 SR+ with 22,000 miles to Carbuyerusa for $42500, $3500 more than we paid.
Awesome! Gives a fellow AZ resident with Order date of Oct 28th with a current EDD of December 1-16th some hope. I want to reach out to my SA to get an update on everything but don’t want to be “that guy” until at least reaching my EDD window.

Awesome! I’m in AZ and haven’t seen any movement. EDD is still 12/6-12/30