Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s an interesting situation:

Currently AD military in TX. My home of record is SC. I want to register in SC with a delivery in TX.

I was told by SAs on the phone about how “ohhhh it’s impossible and can’t be done” and of course the usual “we will email you when I reach out to a manager” which they never did. I went to the store and they told me that as long as I have a temporary plate from SC that we would be good to go!

My registrant address on my account is SC, but I confirmed my delivery is in TX. Ordered 7/30 and have an EDD of 9/11-9/30. Nothing updated since 8/7.
Specs are Red/Black with 18” wheels, no FSD
How did this end up working out for you? Have a MY on order, am a FL resident and will register it there (no sales tax). Currently live in UT and my SA told me it wasn't possible to allow me to register it myself (asked for a temp tag and the sales docs). If they deliver to UT, they will collect sales tax, so told her to switch it to Las Vegas, NV delivery, where I've done the 'no sales tax, just get a temp tag' progress on my percious car. Haven't heard back from the SA in 2+ months, so not even sure if it going to NV or UT at this point (don't have a VIN yet either).

DM me is you want.

San Diego here.

MSM/Black/19's No FSD
OD Nov 19.
At the time my EDD was January.
I'm not in a big hurry. I have a leased 2019 due back July '22 in the same config +FSD. My plan is to take delivery next year when hopefully BBB is in effect, then turn in my 2019 early.

M3LR White/White, 18"
OD: 10/11
Current EDD: 12/14-12/28

Entered my EDD window last week, so I assume I was gonna get my VIN, but then the EDD window was pushed from 12/11-12/28 to 12/14-12/28

Called the Irvine location and they've been telling me I will get my VIN this week or next... fast forward to this week and they still have the same feedback "this week or next"

My assumption is people in Cali are at the bottom because there's lesser lead days to fulfill their orders, and they're pretty confident that they can push it back but still make the delivery window. Just kinda sad that people from other states who ordered much later than me have already received their vehicles lol.

M3LR White/White, 18"
OD: 10/11
Current EDD: 12/14-12/28

Entered my EDD window last week, so I assume I was gonna get my VIN, but then the EDD window was pushed from 12/11-12/28 to 12/14-12/28

Called the Irvine location and they've been telling me I will get my VIN this week or next... fast forward to this week and they still have the same feedback "this week or next"

My assumption is people in Cali are at the bottom because there's lesser lead days to fulfill their orders, and they're pretty confident that they can push it back but still make the delivery window. Just kinda sad that people from other states who ordered much later than me have already received their vehicles lol.
Agreed 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: lazololo
Le sigh, but oh well, at least its a smaller date range.

Minneapolis, MN

LR AWD/White/Black/18"/NO FSD
Order Date: 11/10
Original EDD: December 2021
EDD (11/14): December 8 - December 31
EDD (11/29): December 12 - December 26

EDD (12/13): December 26 - December 31
Just had Tesla text and ask a second time if I was trading in anything, maybe that means things are at least getting close... First time was when I got a quote from them late Nov. Carvana beat them by $5.5k though, worth the tax savings hit.

Picked up today and not gonna lie… she looks good.

936283C7-40E9-4385-B748-2FA8F00EBF0A.jpeg

Overall a little over an hour with paperwork, trade in, and some work they had to do to the door trim.

Trim looked jacked on the passenger door (wavy and distorted) and the rear passenger door handle seemed recessed (ever so slightly). They didn’t fix that as it was “within spec”.

Otherwise my wife and I waited a bit for everything above. The woman helping us was nice and wanted to show us everything but we were starving and asked to skip the tutorial.

Wife and I drove around for a bit. Picked up and surprised the kids from school. Then immediately enabled “emissions” from the toybox and they effin’ lost it.

Drove around some more and she’s now charging in the garage peacefully.

Overall I’m pretty pumped and appreciate the emotional and positive support from this thread.

Happy to answer any questions about the process… and @EV70… the blue is TOTALLY worth it 😉❤️

Pick up my car today. Found one gap that might be slightly wider than others. Otherwise, didn’t find any other issues. Wireless charger works. Rep came out and greeted me. I signed paperwork and he brought me to my car. Since this is my second model 3, he just said ok let me know if you find anything and I’ll be inside.
Good luck to you all with your new ride or soon to be new ride.
@EV70 your time is near!!!
89467959-8F4D-4411-9960-2EB5B72F052A.jpeg

Anyone having issues making the final payment through the app?

We can link to account in Capitol One but when we authorize the payment, the whole thing crashes. Tesla thinks its Capitol One problem and the bank says the problem is the security of the Tesla/Plaid apps.

Our delivery date is Friday so anxious to get this fixed

View attachment 743990

Overall a little over an hour with paperwork, trade in, and some work they had to do to the door trim.

Trim looked jacked on the passenger door (wavy and distorted) and the rear passenger door handle seemed recessed (ever so slightly). They didn’t fix that as it was “within spec”.

Otherwise my wife and I waited a bit for everything above. The woman helping us was nice and wanted to show us everything but we were starving and asked to skip the tutorial.

Wife and I drove around for a bit. Picked up and surprised the kids from school. Then immediately enabled “emissions” from the toybox and they effin’ lost it.

Overall I’m pretty pumped and appreciate the emotional and positive support from this thread.

Happy to answer any questions about the process… and @EV70… the blue is TOTALLY worth it 😉❤️
Beautiful...hopefully my Blue Model 3 will be in my garage on Friday!

Did you have to send all of the trade-in documents a few days ago?

View attachment 743990

Love it. It looks great. Now I’m happy I picked the blue too!! Glad it worked out well for you. And I too appreciate the support on this thread. Without folks like you, chewy and a host of others to share my pain with I would have lost my mind last month for sure. Good luck with it!!

Pick up my car today. Found one gap that might be slightly wider than others. Otherwise, didn’t find any other issues. Wireless charger works. Rep came out and greeted me. I signed paperwork and he brought me to my car. Since this is my second model 3, he just said ok let me know if you find anything and I’ll be inside.
Good luck to you all with your new ride or soon to be new ride.
@EV70 your time is near!!!
View attachment 744009
Beautiful. And no dents! As I told Plum, it’s been a fun ride, and now you shift to a much more rewarding ride. Congrats. Best of luck with it!!

That’s my exact EDD and OD too! MSM 19” white interior, no FSD. Rockville, MD. So Cal and mid Atlantic appear to be clogged.
Where were all these SoCal posts all this time 😭 12/14-12/28 over here, seems like I have an irregular EDD. OD 11/4
Must have jinxed myself. Just got my VIN on Tesla app. EDD now 12/25-12/31. Figures, I may be out of town. Hope they can push to 1/1.

Reactions: HarpoonS