Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 LR
White on white. Aero wheels
No FSD

Picking up at Ownings Mills location.

What was your EDD and when did you get your ViN?

Grats on your car.
Seems like white interior is a hang up for a lot of people.

Ordered: 11/14/2021 - Maryland LR/Silver/Black/Aero no FSD
11/14 1st EDD: 12/08-12/31
11/24 2nd EDD: 12/17-12/27
12/01 3rd EDD: 12/13-12/27
12/04 - VIN received, Vision agreement signed. EDD: 12/16-12/22
12/10 - Pickup schedule for 12/17

Reactions: Floydsox
It sucks that they make you wait forever for the car and they give you only a 3 day pick up window. I get it, once they get the car they need to move it, but still.....
Unfortunately for me in NH, I can't get it delivered to NH or even MA. Have to take deliver in NJ which is over 7-8+ hour drive. So being able to just drop everything and get down to NJ is a stretch on a good day. Any other delivery date would have been fine, but we've committed to holiday plans with family and I can't just up and leave my family stranded while I go get a car.

Unfortunately for me in NH, I can't get it delivered to NH or even MA. Have to take deliver in NJ which is over 7-8+ hour drive. So being able to just drop everything and get down to NJ is a stretch on a good day. Any other delivery date would have been fine, but we've committed to holiday plans with family and I can't just up and leave my family stranded while I go get a car.
I'm totally with you on that. I was just saying that it sucks. Not everyone can just drop their lives and run to pick up the car.

It sucks that they make you wait forever for the car and they give you only a 3 day pick up window. I get it, once they get the car they need to move it, but still.....
I thought I read in their fine print that, while cars are expected to be picked up within 3 days of delivery, there is a 30 day period before order is cancelled. I think it shows a total disrespect for their customers to expect them to pick up a car within 3 days of a delivery date that is a moving target, especially for those of us who have to drive 100 miles to the nearest distribution center. They seem to expect customers to rearrange their lives to suit Tesla's needs, rather than the other way around.

That sucks.... I can pickup in Dedham. Is there a reason for no pickup in MA? Does it have something to do with sales tax?

Well it's happening. They're on their way to my house to drop off the car.

I was originally supposed to pick it up at Raintree in PHX but it went to Mesa and they decided to deliver it to me. NOTE: I ended up getting a vin assigned from a 2021 Demo because I really needed a second car - I couldn't wait until who knows when.

Delivery ETA: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Call Received from Gentleman Driving it here at 11:45pm w/ 40 minute ETA.

If anyone is curious I can post my knee jerk reactions to the at-home delivery.

Reactions: EvDoss

I was originally supposed to pick it up at Raintree in PHX but it went to Mesa and they decided to deliver it to me. NOTE: I ended up getting a vin assigned from a 2021 Demo because I really needed a second car - I couldn't wait until who knows when.

Ha I’m assuming I saw that one pop up on the inventory tracker.

That sucks.... I can pickup in Dedham. Is there a reason for no pickup in MA? Does it have something to do with sales tax?
I couldn't get all the details from the SA about why. I've bought cars in both Maine and Mass without issues of sales tax as sales tax isn't charged until you register the vehicle. I'm guessing that it has something to do with the dealership laws in New Hampshire and that delivering to NJ is the only work around Tesla has come up with? I could pay the extra to get it transported to NH but wasn't really interested in paying extra for transportation.

I was so close to calling an SA and having a 2021 Demo assigned yesterday. Only reason I didn't is that I was fearful of my wife's wrath if the BBB only includes post 1/1/2022 purchases. My order is for MSM, and there were demos available within a two hour drive of MSM, White, and Red...and the red looked so good it was hard to pass up. Curious to hear what type of shape it is in and how many miles.

I was so close to calling an SA and having a 2021 Demo assigned yesterday. Only reason I didn't is that I was fearful of my wife's wrath if the BBB only includes post 1/1/2022 purchases. My order is for MSM, and there were demos available within a two hour drive of MSM, White, and Red...and the red looked so good it was hard to pass up. Curious to hear what type of shape it is in and how many miles.
Agree, don't make your wife angry. Just 17 more days and we are in 2022 :)