Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, everyone. First time poster, long time reader. Looking forward to joining the club!

Model 3 LR AWD
Red/Black, Sport wheels, FSD
Paying cash

OD: 12/3/21
EDD #1: February 2022
EDD #2 (received later on 12/3/21): 12/20-12/31
EDD #3 (received 12/8/21): 2/2-3/2

Flew over the factory on my way into SFO last night, no sign of my car 🤣 oh well...the wait continues!

Reactions: EvDoss and EV70
M3 LR AWD in white ordered 13th October 2020 in the UK
Will be getting it wrapped in a different colour post delivery
Confirmed by Tesla that I have a 2021 M VIN and it is a refreshed model

No delivery date thus far, except verbally told by Tesla "late November"
Collected mine LR today from bluewater, ordered 24th October. Needs wireless charging and USB ports retro fitted.

Hey, everyone. First time poster, long time reader. Looking forward to joining the club!

Model 3 LR AWD
Red/Black, Sport wheels, FSD
Paying cash

OD: 12/3/21
EDD #1: February 2022
EDD #2 (received later on 12/3/21): 12/20-12/31
EDD #3 (received 12/8/21): 2/2-3/2

Flew over the factory on my way into SFO last night, no sign of my car 🤣 oh well...the wait continues!
seems like quite a few red M3s reporting quick turnaround

With tax credits for 1/1/22 likely now off the table, I really hope my 12/21-12/31 delivery estimate is pre 12/28 or else im seriously considering giving a friend a POA and having him pick up the car so i dont lose it as I will be traveling.

With tax credits for 1/1/22 likely now off the table, I really hope my 12/21-12/31 delivery estimate is pre 12/28 or else im seriously considering giving a friend a POA and having him pick up the car so i dont lose it as I will be traveling.
As long as the date in the bill does not change, the credits will still be the same if the bill does get passed next year. They would specifically have to change the date to xx/xx/xxxx.

I got quoted 3M tint all around(incl. windshield) $1,150 and $450 or so for front bumper PPF
Yeah - the place in Tempe people recommend cost about $1,000 for full tint for best quality tint with 98% UV protection. About $800 for the doors and rear, then an additional $250 or so for the windshield. Tint seems to be getting more expensive, or maybe it's the demand since I'm in Phoenix? Either way, it's rough.

And they will change it, as first Senate version had a different date, then House changed it.
Maybe, maybe not. For tax purposes and the IRS, it is easier if there is a blanket date that covers the whole fiscal year. If they want to save money, they very well can change the date as they can change the vehicle limits. Imagine eliminating all vehicles over 50K. It would bump a lot of LRM3 holders off the cut line.

My car also came via Cleveland before delivery in MI. I guessed that Cleveland was a sort of regional distribution center, or maybe where MI deliveries go first. Could be wrong. Enjoy your car! I’m relieved to hear you are finally getting delivery soon! Got mine back from the PPF & tint the other day and am VERY happy with it.
Could make sense since Michigan doesn’t allow the vehicle to be in the state unless they get their payment in full

I think you are correct here. The original bill from the Senate had an effective date that was retroactive to May 2021. It could be they just leave it for Jan 1, they could also push it out to be effective when the bill is signed into law
Trying to argue semantics here is silly. Either take delivery or don’t. Trying to argue what date will be the cutoff for tax incentives is silly.

Reactions: AmyS76