Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having the same experience as we speak....I was excited about joining the tesla crew. So far I'm just annoyed at their lack of ****s given. I would almost rather haggle at a stealership than deal with this. It's almost like they think they are too good for their customers. No wonder some people hate tesla so much. Never in my life been talked to in such a condescending tone trying to spend 50k on a car I don't need.

Tax credits appear to be off the table at least until Christmas according to the New York Times.

Thanks, I also saw that later on :(

Well, it is what it is but I will take delivery after 1/1/2022 without waiting on this and just keeping my fingers crossed that it will apply to vehicle purchased after 1/1/2022 once the bill passes; i.e., I do not plan to extend my hold beyond 1/1/2022.

The point is you're all speculating when you should hold your deliveries until when you really have absolutely no idea when/if the bill will pass and what date the rebate will be set at.
Agreed, it is speculating and we do not know but if you are able to wait and not in a hurry, I think it does not hurt to take delivery in 2022 instead of December 2021 since the bill sent from the House to the Senate has the after 12/31/2021 purchase date mentioned.

Don’t have my VIN yet and OD was 11/27. What is the procedure for placing a hold until 1/2/22? Where does the VIN show up on the app? EDD is 12/17-12/31.

Thanks in advance.
You will most likely receive a text first. VIN showed up under a drop down menu in the upper right corner. My app changed so can't provide a screen shot. Once I got the text the VIN showed up in the source page.

Reactions: Floydsox
Le sigh, but oh well, at least its a smaller date range.

Minneapolis, MN

LR AWD/White/Black/18"/NO FSD
Order Date: 11/10
Original EDD: December 2021
EDD (11/14): December 8 - December 31
EDD (11/29): December 12 - December 26

EDD (12/13): December 26 - December 31
Well, yay! Vision and VIN tonight. Checked before bed and it was there, no text or email yet.

Minneapolis, MN

LR AWD/White/Black/18"/NO FSD
Order Date: 11/10
Original EDD: December 2021
EDD (11/14): December 8 - December 31
EDD (11/29): December 12 - December 26
EDD (12/13): December 26 - December 31

VIN and new EDD (12/15): December 29 - December 31

Hoping the delivery jumps up a little, but exciting.