Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: today the new EDD is 1/18-2/15. Definitely better than March!
Update: new EDD is 12/24-12/31. No VIN yet.

I'd like to get it on January 1st (just in case the bill passes...), but I don't want to lose priority so we will accept delivery whenever it's ready.
We need this car before the end of January: I was already looking for temporary alternatives in case the model 3 was delayed...

Reactions: CarlThompson
Mine just change again today. Now 12/24-12/31.
Same as my update this morning.

Just emailed my SA as something came up at my work and I will be unable to take Monday and Tuesday off (12/27-28).

Response:

Looks like we will have a better idea once we get closer to the 24th.

I'll still keep an eye on it but once we get a VIN we'll be in touch to schedule delivery.

Shouldn't be a problem to work around your schedule though.

Now on 12/09, when my EDD was still 12/16-31, I emailed my SA to check-in and this was the response:

I don't have much information as I see the same thing as you.

Hopefully, we hear something within the next couple weeks for a better date.

Once a VIN number appears, it shouldn't be too much longer.

Let me know if you need anything else

So I’m still getting canned responses even with a tighter EDD window. In other news, other SAs are able to look up when a car is supposed to be built and/or delivered.

In the mean time, I ordered pizza last night and I knew what time it went in the oven and what time it went out for delivery. And the pie even arrived ahead of time!

Geez!

Ok, rant over. Carry on… 🤣

Hi everyone! First post here,
Pearl White/Black, LR AWD, no FSD
OD: 12/5
First and only EDD since: 1/6 to 2/3

Already lost hope that my EDD would jump to the end of December but I’m hoping I end up taking delivery on or before my birthday at the beginning of the new year!
Hey you might still get a text or call if someone delays their purchase that is near SB. slight chance but still a chance mate! SB is a very good delivery center imo. good luck w your wait.

OD 12/13, White/White/18"/no FSD
EDD
12/13: February
12/15: Jan 13 - Feb 10
12/20: Dec 21 - Dec 31
12/22: Jan 13 - Feb 10

so frustrating!
I'm in a similar situation. I am in Canada and would prefer to take delivery in March.
OD 12/7
Feb was original EDD, then it went to Feb 7-Mar 7, now its Jan 14-Feb 11. I called the local Telsa shop and asked what my options are. I would prefer to delay, but nothing can be done until i get a VIN assigned.
He did say that some orders get newer and newer EDD, then it gets pushed back. I guess you saw something like this between 12/20 and 12/22.
Definitely frustrating if you want it asap. I still have to sell my ICE car ;)

That's interesting. Your EDD is the first one that I've seen that starts this year and extends into next. You could easily take delivery in Jan without having to risk losing your VIN apparently, in case you have any hope for BBB.

I haven't seen that either other than mine which is as follows, maybe it's a socal thing. Being able to take delivery the first few days of Jan would be ideal.

Ordered: 11/26/2021 - LR/Silver/Black/Aero no FSD
11/26 1st EDD: 1/21 - 2/18
12/4 2nd EDD: 12/31 - 1/28

Same as my update this morning.

Just emailed my SA as something came up at my work and I will be unable to take Monday and Tuesday off (12/27-28).

Response:

Looks like we will have a better idea once we get closer to the 24th.

I'll still keep an eye on it but once we get a VIN we'll be in touch to schedule delivery.

Shouldn't be a problem to work around your schedule though.

Now on 12/09, when my EDD was still 12/16-31, I emailed my SA to check-in and this was the response:

I don't have much information as I see the same thing as you.

Hopefully, we hear something within the next couple weeks for a better date.

Once a VIN number appears, it shouldn't be too much longer.

Let me know if you need anything else

So I’m still getting canned responses even with a tighter EDD window. In other news, other SAs are able to look up when a car is supposed to be built and/or delivered.

In the mean time, I ordered pizza last night and I knew what time it went in the oven and what time it went out for delivery. And the pie even arrived ahead of time!

Geez!

Ok, rant over. Carry on… 🤣
If I was getting pizza using timing estimates I've been getting from Tesla the last four months, I would have starved to death months ago.