Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First, why do you need to wait until after Jan 1?
They try to get every car placed and delivered before the end of each quarter because of stupid, myopic, Wall Street. By making your VIN available, someone else might scoop it up, just like you were trying to.
If you don't want to take delivery this year, let them know and take delivery early next year instead.

If you can (which is tomorrow) go ahead. 😃

Exception would be if you are a member of the small group of people who keep delaying taking delivery.

Welcome to Tesla service, or lack thereof. Unfortunately, they are selling everything they are making with a massive backlog of demand, so they hold all the cards here. They always push to deliver stuff to make quarter end delivery numbers.

Hopefully you can pick it up tomorrow. Otherwise you go back in the queue. They really don't care because someone else will buy it. It's the absolute worst attitude a company can have, and it will backfire on them someday, but it hasn't yet.

My own delivery experience was a complete nightmare. They comped me the all-weather floor mats for wasting 12 hours of my day. However, the car has been great. I try to separate the car from the company as much as I can. The company is very bad. The car is very good.

Tesla has so many customers and not enough cars to satisfy the demands.

I feel your frustration but if you want your car bad enough, you may want to overlook the way Tesla is treating you.
I feel you. But they shouldn't make people put down $250 and enter into a contract if they're not going to uphold it. Just let in-stock inventory be first-come, first-serve; or, update the contract to reflect having 1 day to pick it up. It's the false sense of my $250 buying me a three-day window that is unnecessarily gross. Appreciate the comment!

First, why do you need to wait until after Jan 1?
They try to get every car placed and delivered before the end of each quarter because of stupid, myopic, Wall Street. By making your VIN available, someone else might scoop it up, just like you were trying to.
Someone else already did! But then it was re-released back into in stock inventory. Because yes, now I'm refreshing the page watching for "my" car, haha!! I personally want the transaction to happen Jan 1st or later so that it is in the 2022 tax year. Just in case the proposed or new EV credits come into play. So I thought (and was told twice) that my $250 bought me a three day window.

Order date: 11/15
Removed Jan hold 12/19
Delivered 12/28
MSM/Black/No FSD

I picked up at the Spring/N. Houston service center. It was an excellent experience. The local advisor even bumped my time up for me on delivery day.

271070E3-68FE-4926-81FB-B5CDC9CBDD90.jpeg

7BB67CC2-7F40-45F8-8F74-81F76FC92539.jpeg

Last edited:
If you don't want to take delivery this year, let them know and take delivery early next year instead.

If you can (which is tomorrow) go ahead. 😃

Exception would be if you are a member of the small group of people who keep delaying taking delivery.
I placed my first and original order today after confirming twice I'd be able to pick up Jan 1st. I guess that makes me sort of part of the group purposely delaying their order, but I was attempting to buy in-stock inventory within the three day window THEY offered. Turns out they can still reassign the VIN before that three days. So, we shall see what happens. I need a car for my husband to commute in within at least the first few weeks of Jan. So if it weren't an in-stock vehicle, I wouldn't have put down a deposit. I don't have time to wait for a custom one to be delivered. :/

Ours already shifted. Our EDD went from Dec 27-31 to Dec 31-Jan 14 yesterday. OD: 11/25, MSM/White LR 19" wheels. SF Bay Area.
Ditto Order with a hold till 31st Dec. Now, the EDD shows as TBD like many others in this group. I'm also in Bay Area. just 2-3 miles away from Fremont Factory. Hope I could get mine before 14th Jan. I'm traveling on business from Jan 14th again.

Last edited: