Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3LR/MSM/Black/18"/No FSD
OD: Dec 9th
EDD: Jan 23rd-Feb 20th (Original)
EDD: Jan 16th-Feb 13th (on Dec 12th)

No update since, might do a hold to try and snag a Ryzen based processor if the assigned one is intel based
Might do the same but I think as of now the SA's are not able to verify if the processor installed is Ryzen or not. Looks like the current batches are all mix and match and might remain so for a while. So unless you put a hold for an extended time it will be more or less just a lottery which processor you will get.

Reactions: Paul4343
They are only okay for all seasons. The car has lots of weight and good AWD so you can get decent traction but braking is not great. You could get by but I would really recommend a set of snows for there especially considering how much snow the Sierras have been getting so far this year. Pony up and get a set of snows, they'll last many seasons and be so much safer.
Are these good?

Are these good?

Well those are chains, something you would be putting on for temporary use not full time all winter. Go to Tirerack.com and look for winter snow tires...

No snow chains. We live in SW Washington on a 1000' hill. We just had to drive up it twice this week and there is no bare pavement, currently ice with a little snow. This was in our AWD Ford Fusion and we took it slow going down but on the way up it climbed with very little slippage.

If I was gonna drive one of our mountain passes I would absolutely use chains though.

I guess I made it kinda confusing. If I was you I would just get chains for you trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: rams1981
Have seen many people talking about LFP in 2022 model. Did anyone found if it comes with LFP battery or not?

For those who are trying to figure out that how they can check if their car is equipped with LFP or not, here's the excerpts from Tesla Site:

To determine if your vehicle has a LFP Battery, open the charging screen on your touchscreen and then touch Set Limit, or open the charging screen in your mobile app and drag the slider.

• If the image of the Battery displays "50%" and "100%" then your vehicle is equipped with a LFP Battery.
  • If the image of the Battery displays "Daily" and "Trip" then your vehicle is NOT equipped with a LFP Battery. Disregard this section.

Last edited:
No snow chains. We live in SW Washington on a 1000' hill. We just had to drive up it twice this week and there is no bare pavement, currently ice with a little snow. This was in our AWD Ford Fusion and we took it slow going down but on the way up it climbed with very little slippage.

If I was gonna drive one of our mountain passes I would absolutely use chains though.

I guess I made it kinda confusing. If I was you I would just get chains for you trip.
Thanks

Vin on mine ends 349919 MYP confirmed with Intel Atom 😭. Was convinced since it was missing spoiler due to shortage and carried build date of 12/24 that it would have Ryzen and it does not. Sounds like it’s truly a crap shoot for next month or so and consistent Ryzen chips come out. That being said I’ve had no issues with the interface or speed of the UI. Perhaps I’m lucky. Loving what I’m seeing so far. Off peak begins at 9pm and ends at 5a in Sacrsmento so I have it slated to begin charging every night at 9pm on. 🤞🏻 🤞🏻

Had my M3LR come off hold December 28 and immediately got a January 2-5 EDD. I realized I wasn't quite ready yet to take delivery with some stuff still going on in my life, so thought I'd be smart and just make a change to my order. Everyone says you get pushed back to the end of the line. Went from white to MSM (a change I wanted anyways). Within 5 minutes of making this change, my EDD now says January 8 and the dealership confirmed they have found me a vehicle. Guess it's happening :)

Reactions: aljlin and Crany
It seems many times that after a hold comes off that the first "default" EDD is often times exactly ONE MONTH in duration. My hold was automatically removed late in December and replaced with a TBD designation. On January 1 the "TBD" was replaced with an EDD of February 16th to March 16. Based on earlier experiences - before putting a hold on my AWD blue/white/18" aero wheels - I would expect that new initial EDD interval to further narrow over subsequent days...