Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got another EDD update this morning. Moved-up considerably...

LR AWD, Blue Exterior/White Interior, 18" Aero Wheels, NO FSD
Order Date: October 25, 2021
Location: Martinsburg, WV (with our proximity to Washington, DC/Baltimore, the car will be picked-up at Tesla's Rockville, MD Service Center)
1st Estimated Delivery Date: 11/25-12/28
2nd EDD: 11/16-12/14
3rd EDD: 11/29 - 12/5
VIN Assigned: 11/23
Original Delivery Window: 12/2-12/4
Order placed on Hold: 12/4
Hold Removed by Tesla: 12/30
1st EDD Post-Hold: 3/12-3/31
2nd EDD Post-Hold: 1/18 - 2/1

Location: Martinsburg, WV (with our proximity to Washington, DC/Baltimore, the car will be picked-up at Tesla's Rockville, MD Service Center)
I have the exact same config. This gives me hope.

So I have currently picked out the Tesla I want and now I'm waiting for the car which Tesla says march is the delivery month but I'm not holding my breath for them to be on time.

Here are some worries I have currently I have the 250 deposit down I currently have a 2020 Honda Accord and it's the white sport with 12k on it will Tesla give me a good deal to trade it in to them or should I sell it for a profit somewhere else so far I have only made money on the car with it's worth going up. The car is on a current loan.

Please help anything helps I have been looking also at my state rebates.

Just worried about the trade in deal Tesla will give me a good price like car max which quoted me on sight they would give me 33k which is more than my loan currently.

So I have currently picked out the Tesla I want and now I'm waiting for the car which Tesla says march is the delivery month but I'm not holding my breath for them to be on time.

Here are some worries I have currently I have the 250 deposit down I currently have a 2020 Honda Accord and it's the white sport with 12k on it will Tesla give me a good deal to trade it in to them or should I sell it for a profit somewhere else so far I have only made money on the car with it's worth going up. The car is on a current loan.

Just worried about the trade in deal Tesla will give me a good price like car max which quoted me on sight they would give me 33k which is more than my loan currently.
In Missouri we have sales tax and pay only on the difference of the new purchase and once you sell your current car. I'm not sure if CA works the same way. As with all my finances, I maximize return anyway I can get it. I would recommend selling private party but if that's outside your comfort zone, hand the keys to Carmax, Carvana, etc. Below is Tesla's link to incentives but there are other websites that do a much better job explaining per your state. I've heard Tesla is typically lower on trade-ins but I haven't personally dealt with them. If a form of the Build Back Better plan passes, there is a chance of a federal rebate on your 2023 taxes, see how this year goes.

Speaking from more recent experience Tesla was the highest compared to local dealers for my accord, which is several years older and 60K plus more miles than yours. After the first 30 day period ended (I previously had a Vin and went on hold that has since been taken off), they did a re-appraisal and actually increased the offer by 600. I have not gone back to CarMax, but pretty safe they will come in near the ball park.

Reactions: FelixORiley

Good to hear the 2nd EDD. Hoping mine gets updated as well to similar time slot. Currently as of this morning, mine says March 19th-29th (just got that EDD today). (White LR AWD, Black interior, 19" Sport Wheels, No FSD, Houston, Texas)