Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm really hoping that us folks on the east coast get our cars at the end of this month/very beginning of next. From what I've read, people say that Tesla usually focuses on the east coast towards the beginning of a new quarter. I feel like my estimated delivery of 02/07-03/07 is just a placeholder for now and will go back to the Jan/Feb I used to have, at least I hope... OD: 12/04

I'm really hoping that us folks on the east coast get our cars at the end of this month/very beginning of next. From what I've read, people say that Tesla usually focuses on the east coast towards the beginning of a new quarter. I feel like my estimated delivery of 02/07-03/07 is just a placeholder for now and will go back to the Jan/Feb I used to have, at least I hope... OD: 12/04
I hope they concentrate on the East Coast as well. They can get the last of the Intel cars out to the East and then send the AMD ones to the West Coast 😎

From what I've read, people say that Tesla usually focuses on the east coast towards the beginning of a new quarter.

Previously, tesla focused on international sales at the beginning of a quarter, not "east coast". Tesla has more factories now though so I am not sure what they do now, with the exception that cars delivered in Jan are normally ones that others didnt pick up in Dec for some reason, in the US.

Is the trade-in offer from Tesla usually way off compared to Carvana for example? Any feedback?
Since tesla doesnt care about the car you are turning in (its going to auction), from what I have read here, they tend to be lower than other used car sites that actually sell the cars.

Trading in a car to tesla is because its convenient, or because you want to save on taxes if your state allows the trade in to be applied for tax purposes.

Reactions: Paul4343
Interesting tidbit here. Got a note from a Virginia Tesla SA letting me know they were getting a test drive fleet at the end of the month and asking if I still wanted to come in. Not in the state anymore so I passed, but decent indicator of current projections for fleet/delivery.

When asked about my reservation (early NOV) he mentioned a delivery in FEB but couldnt see anything more specific. Said to give it a few more weeks. So basically, exactly what the app says…