Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only good info on this forum is people reporting the OD and delivery timelines! can't wait for my ride

Moving from ICE to EV is already a big step for me
- $115/mo saving on gas
- 334 miles range
- No emissions
- Cool ride with state of the art technology

I don't care about which processor is gonna freaking play the music or Netflix LOL

No movement and no VIN in my case although my EDD window start date is eight days from today. I had received the trade-in text on Saturday so I was expecting some development during the week, but nothing so far.

M3LR White/Black 18" Aero
OD: Oct 23
EDD #1: Nov 21 - Dec 23
Order put on hold until Jan 1
EDD #2: March 11 - March 31
EDD #3: Jan 21 - Feb 4

(moderator note)

I already said this in the last few pages (this thread moves fast), but I am going to "suggest" more strongly that people stop commenting on other peoples desire, or lack thereof, to get "the latest chip".

By "suggest more strongly" I mean, since In general we dont usually edit peoples posts but remove them entirely, that is what I am going to start doing with posts that appear to make fun of either side of that discussion (either desire to get the latest, or lack thereof).

The simplest clue is the range. If the EPA range changed on your car then that will mean new Battery (Li ions should be lighter), should give you 4-5 miles extra maybe
Maybe I’m confused, but the battery in question is not the main car battery, it’s not the new LFP used in Chiba on the SR. This battery “upgrade” is a just smaller auxiliary battery, like the ones in an ICE

Specs: M3LR White/White 18” wheels, no FSD, IL

OD: 11/30
First EDD: February
Second EDD: December 14th - 31st
Third EDD: January 14th - February 11th
Vin received: December 23rd

On 12/23 I received a call from an SA stating a customer was unresponsive so they were handing the vin off to me. I scheduled pickup for 12/24.

12/24: Tesla deemed the car undeliverable due to a bunch of errors on the screen and they said the Techs would have to fix these and I wouldn’t be able to pick it up. The operations manager said he was dealing with a bunch of these issues due to it being the end of the quarter. Now it was a race between the techs fixing the issues or a new car arriving first.

New EDD: January 16th - February 14th
Sixth EDD: January 16th - January 30th

The operations manager has been super responsive to my emails and even let me know when they should be receiving their next batch which should be around January 20th and said I’d be first in line to receive one of those cars.

1/13: New Vin received
Final EDD: January 25th - January 29th

Maybe I’m confused, but the battery in question is not the main car battery, it’s not the new LFP used in Chiba on the SR. This battery “upgrade” is a just smaller auxiliary battery, like the ones in an ICE
They're basing it on the the assumption that the new aux battery is lighter, so the overall range of the car would go up since it wouldn't be dragging the extra 20-40 lbs around. But obviously that little weight means next to nothing when compared to the overall weight of the car and it's contents.

The only good info on this forum is people reporting the OD and delivery timelines! can't wait for my ride

Moving from ICE to EV is already a big step for me
- $115/mo saving on gas
- 334 miles range
- No emissions
- Cool ride with state of the art technology

I don't care about which processor is gonna freaking play the music or Netflix LOL
So hopefully you have read up on real-world range...

Happiness short lived...
Just got a call from local tesla agent saying that ''vechile was to be shipped from maryland but got damaged so VIN was taken off my account and have to wait till new VIN gets assigned ''
Now I am worried because the agent also said you will be in the line and would be getting the next available car....
Will you be getting any deposit back on this inventory order

They're basing it on the the assumption that the new aux battery is lighter, so the overall range of the car would go up since it wouldn't be dragging the extra 20-40 lbs around. But obviously that little weight means next to nothing when compared to the overall weight of the car and it's contents.
It means next to nothing compared to what I weighed before Thanksgiving and what I’m carrying around now 😂